PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Uchchaishravas (Please PEACH)

Debihuman
2021-08-21, 07:56 PM
I'd really like some feedback on this. I'm trying to stay as close to source material as possible.

Uchchaihshravas
Huge Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 14d10+98 (175 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 60 ft., Fly 30 ft. (Average)
Armor Class: 19 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +2 sacred +8 natural) touch 11, flat-footed 18
BAB/Grapple: +14/+30
Attack: Hoof +20 melee (1d8+8)
Full Attack: On land: 2 hooves +20 melee (1d8+8) and 7 bites +20 melee (1d6+4); in flight: 4 hooves +20 melee (1d8+8) and 7 bites +20 melee (1d6+4)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Powerful Bite, Trample (2d8+12, DC 25)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 90 ft., Divine Grace, Flight, Low-Light Vision, Multiheaded, Scent
Saves: Fort +18 Ref +7 Will +12
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 13, Con 25, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 16
Skills: Listen +15, Spot +15, Survival +14
Feats: Endurance, Flyby Attack, Improved Multiattack, Run, Multiattack
Environment: Any land
Organization: Usually solitary or 2 adults and 1 foal
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: Usually None*
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 15+ HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Divine Grace (Su): Due to its divine parentage, an uchchaihshravas gains a +2 sacred bonus to its Armor Class and to its Saving Throws.

Flight (Su): Due to its divine origins, an uchchaihshravas has the supernatural ability to fly at half its land speed with Average maneuverability.

Multiheaded (Ex): Due to its seven heads, an uchchaihshravas cannot be flanked, gains a +12 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks (included in the statistics block above), and has Darkvision 90 ft.

Powerful Bite (Ex): Uchchaihshravas’ bite does 1d6+4 points of bludgeoning damage.

Scent (Ex): This extraordinary ability lets a creature detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell.

A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range is 60 feet. If it is downwind, the range is 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at three times these ranges.

The creature detects another creature’s presence but not its specific location. Noting the direction of the scent is a move action. If it moves within 5 feet of the scent’s source, the creature can pinpoint that source.

A creature with the Track feat and the scent ability can follow tracks by smell, making a Wisdom check to find or follow a track. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10. The DC increases or decreases depending on how strong the quarry’s odor is, the number of creatures, and the age of the trail. For each hour that the trail is cold, the DC increases by 2. The ability otherwise follows the rules for the Track feat. Creatures tracking by scent ignore the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility.

Creatures with the scent ability can identify familiar odors just as humans do familiar sights.

Water, particularly running water, ruins a trail for air-breathing creatures. Water-breathing creatures that have the scent ability, however, can use it in the water easily.

False, powerful odors can easily mask other scents. The presence of such an odor completely spoils the ability to properly detect or identify creatures, and the base Survival DC to track becomes 20 rather than 10.

Trample (Ex): As a full-round action, an uchchaihshravas can move up to 120 feet and literally run over any opponents at least one size category smaller than itself. The creature merely has to move over the opponents in its path; any creature whose space is completely covered by the trampling creature’s space is subject to the trample attack. If a target’s space is larger than 5 feet, it is only considered trampled if the trampling creature moves over all the squares it occupies. If the trampling creature moves over only some of a target’s space, the target can make an attack of opportunity against the trampling creature at a -4 penalty. A trampling creature that accidentally ends its movement in an illegal space returns to the last legal position it occupied, or the closest legal position, if there’s a legal position that’s closer.

An uchchaishravas’ trample attack deals 2d8 +12 points of bludgeoning damage.
Trampled opponents can attempt attacks of opportunity, but these take a -4 penalty. If they do not make attacks of opportunity, trampled opponents can attempt Reflex saves to take half damage.

The save DC against a creature’s trample attack is 10 + ½ creature’s HD + creature’s Str modifier (in this case DC is 25). A trampling creature can only deal trampling damage to each target once per round, no matter how many times its movement takes it over a target creature.

Uchchaihshravas are the many descendants of the original divine seven-headed, flying horse of legend. Selective breeding by cloud giants have grown them to Huge size. Their shiny white coats gleam in the sunlight hinting at their divine heredity. Juvenile cloud giants, who are Large in size, frequently ride these creatures to pick up the tribute demanded by their elders of the human and demihumans communities that they protect.

Unlike normal horses, these Huge beast can bite creatures within 5 squares of the front and sides of the creature, but not creatures that are directly behind it (lack of reach). While in flight, a uchchaihshravas can use all of its hooves to fight, kicking creatures behind it with its rear hooves.

Treasure: Most uchchaihshravas have no treasure but some have magical barding or magical bracers on their forelegs and magical headdresses.

Metastachydium
2021-08-22, 05:45 AM
Full Attack: On land: 2 hooves +20 melee (1d8+8) and 7 bites +20 melee (2d6+4); in flight: 4 hooves +20 melee (1d8+8) and 7 bites +20 melee (1d6+4)

Its bite deals 2d6 on land and 1d6 in flight!

Abilities: Str 26, Dex 13, Con 25, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 12

(…)

Their shiny white coats gleam in the sunlight hinting at their divine heredity.

These are very pretty seven-headed horsies. I think I'd give them a higher CHA score.

Skills: Listen +14, Spot +14, Survival +13

Shouldn't it have three more skill points (1 for each HD + 3 extra at first "level")?

Alignment: Usually Chaotic Good

It might be just me, but I'm not sure one can have true moral agency with an INT score of 2.

Powerful Bite (Ex): Uchchaihshravas’ bite does 1d6+4 points of bludgeoning damage.

Why is this listed as a special ability? (And if it is one for some reason, why doesn't it appear under the heading of Special Attacks?)

Uchchaihshravas are the many descendants of the original divine seven-headed, flying horse of legend. Selective breeding by cloud giants have grown them to Huge size.

(I'm pretty sure the descendants of a steed gods rode can be huge without selective breeding, but this is really a fluff thing, so feel free to ignore me.)

While in flight, a uchchaihshravas can use all of its hooves to fight, kicking creatures from behind with its rear hooves.

(Emphasis mine.)
Is it a sneaky bastard that attacks from behind? Can it attack two opponents at once? What's this supposed to mean?

enderlord99
2021-08-22, 06:12 AM
Is it a sneaky bastard that attacks from behind? Can it attack two opponents at once? What's this supposed to mean?

I could be wrong, but I believe "from behind" is a rather-confusing way of saying "that are behind it."

You know, since it's an equine?

Debihuman
2021-08-23, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

You're right the bite has the wrong HD. However, it should be 1 HD not as per Powerful Bite.

I will increase the Charisma score to keep it more in keeping with divine heritage.

Yep, I'm three skills short.

I'll change alignment to always Neutral. That seems to be the default alignment for creatures with Int less than 3.

Horses normally do not have a bite attack, however, this one should. So, I gave it powerful bite as a Special Ability.

That should be everything for now. I've updated that Stat Block so it should be complete.

Debby

Metastachydium
2021-08-24, 06:16 AM
Glad I could help!