PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Tracking PoW maneuvers? Online?

JusticeZero
2021-08-21, 08:01 PM
Wanting to run a Path of War centered E6 game, and of late all my friends are scattered around the world. Was looking over the rules and saw a lot of things about getting random maneuvers, expending, etc. etc.

The other game I run that does not have these issues is on Discord, I use ASCII battlemaps because I'm used to it and the prep time on Roll20 has always been the biggest turn-off. How do people track all that stuff normally, and is there any tricks for sorting it all more easily for a minimal bookkeeping or automated bookkeeping game?

RandomPeasant
2021-08-21, 08:11 PM
The classic solution to tracking maneuvers is 3-by-5 cards with the names of the maneuver on them (possibly playing cards with a lookup table if you're playing something where you'd need to shuffle them). In theory, that works just fine over roll20, though you wouldn't be able to see what maneuvers people had available easily unless you tracked it on your end as well. I don't know enough about roll20 to say if there's some kind of extension that could track it in-client for you, but in theory the programming to make it work is fairly trivial.

Ramza00
2021-08-22, 12:59 AM
https://housedraft.games/shg/

Is a tool if you want to simulate card draws with a computer instead of cards. There is probably a better card simulator for drawing, just put in 1 and the card name and pick how many cards you want to draw, then draw more, or reshuffle