PDA

View Full Version : He did it [Base Class]

Lady Tialait
2007-11-15, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I made it weak engout to be a commener class Lemme know what you think. theonly one I wouldn't hire is the Butler 2/Wizard 2 because..its a forgone conclution...he freakin' did it.

Butler
D6
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+0| Skillfocus (Profession (Butler) )

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+0|

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+1|

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+1| Jack of all Trades

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+1|

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+2|

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+2| skil focus (Diplomacy)

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+2|

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+3|

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+3| skill focus (Search)

11th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+3|

12th|
+6|
+4|
+4|
+4|

13th|
+6|
+4|
+4|
+4| Skill focus (Gather Information)

14th|
+7|
+4|
+4|
+4|

15th|
+7|
+5|
+5|
+5|

16th|
+8|
+5|
+5|
+5| skill focus (Listen)

17th|
+8|
+5|
+5|
+5|

18th|
+9|
+6|
+6|
+6|

19th|
+9|
+6|
+6|
+6| Skill focus (Spot)

20th|
+10|
+6|
+6|
+6|[/table]

Skill Points 6 + Int (x4 on first level) : 5 chosen by his first employer plus Profession (Butler)

Weapons and Armor Profeincenties: No armor Profeicenties, and Proficent with CandleStick, Revolver, Rope, Dagger, Lead pipe, and Wretch.

DracoDei
2007-11-15, 05:40 PM
Weapon and armor Proficiencies? Hit Die?

Lady Tialait
2007-11-15, 06:05 PM
Eek! thanks...forgot those..fixing now!

DracoDei
2007-11-15, 06:12 PM
Actually a better skill-monkey than an Expert... the weapon proficiencies are hilarious.

Lady Tialait
2007-11-15, 06:39 PM
any suggestions for skills instead of all. I want this as a NPC class...if a harlarious one.

Reptilius
2007-11-15, 06:42 PM
How about Skill Focus (Move Silently) or Invisibility? Or Dimension Door? Or all three? Butlers have an uncanny ability to sneak up on people who call for them.

Lady Tialait
2007-11-15, 06:44 PM
I think the power level of it may just be a PC class if i add those. Not that that is a bad thing. Maybe I'll add those. but I will never trust the Wizard/Butler..he sooo did it.

Neek
2007-11-16, 10:42 PM
Not unless these powers were limited to his master's building! I think the open-endedness of the skills are a bit too much. Perhaps everything Decipher Script, Forgery, and UMD?

Lady Tialait
2007-11-16, 11:04 PM
Alright I got it..how about 5 chosen by his first employer plus Profession (Butler) ?

That sounds about right..

DracoDei
2007-11-16, 11:06 PM
Most highly paid secretaries are skilled at forging their employers signature on documents the employer is too busy to sign when there is a rush from what I hear...FWIW...
Perhaps limit them to 10 skills(like experts are) as class skills but say that they can freely put cross class skills into class exclusive skills even if those aren't on the list of 10, and then give them "Jack of All trades" as a bonus feat at some level or another?

Lady Tialait
2007-11-16, 11:12 PM
What does Jack of all trades do?

As for the 10 skills witht ehir skill focuses..I dont want then out doing the expert I think 5 will do. they have pretty good skillpoints 6+Int..they shold be able to start crossclass skill points. You'll never find a butler that way that doesn't do something you didnt know he could do..(Think Alfred..I didnt know he could program the batcave....)

DracoDei
2007-11-16, 11:30 PM
Lets you use all skills untrained without penalty.

Lady Tialait
2007-11-16, 11:33 PM
Good Idea...i'll put that in..look good after that?

Umarth
2007-11-17, 12:42 AM
Why not just use the expert NPC class?

I can understand this from a humor stand point and do like the weapon proficiencies but I don't see any reason for a new full class when you can just use the expert.

Lady Tialait
2007-11-17, 05:19 AM
Amung the DMG commoner classes. The warrior and the Adept are the only ones I would even consider useing. I think they are under powered even for being commoners. Plus..you don't get accused as badly if your charitor sheet or NPC stat block reads 'Expert 1/Wizard1'...Muhahahaha. erm...*blush* *innocent smile*

Neftren
2007-11-17, 10:59 AM
Why not just use the expert NPC class?

I can understand this from a humor stand point and do like the weapon proficiencies but I don't see any reason for a new full class when you can just use the expert.

I'll have to agree with you on that part. Why not just make an Expert classed NPC, and call it a Butler, giving it all the appropriate skills you'd think a butler would possess.

To the OP: Can you please learn to spell properly? It hurts my eyes... :smallfrown:

As for the Jack of All Trades ability, I don't think that Butlers in general are Jacks of all Trades. They're trained to be high class house managers, while maids and such do the actual menial labor. Butlers just open doors and look cool. Well, that's my scope on it anyway. Butlers could do the same stuff, but I mean, a butler like this ought to look "Posh."

DracoDei
2007-11-17, 11:11 AM
I think it is more like they can handle ANY situation that might come up... If you frequently have vistors with firebreathing bunny rabbits for lap pets, then when said lapine needs to go for walkies the butler can handle it. If you need a quick antidote after botching things up in you alchemy lab for the 40th time that month... the butler can handle it.... If you need someone to convince the guard not to arrest you for the triple rape-homocide until AFTER your galla tea-party... THE BUTLER CAN HANDLE IT! (sorry couldn't think of a really extreme example that didn't involve combat). Think the butler in "Around the World in 80 Days" (except probably not the version with Jackie Chan...).