PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cartomancer: Attacking a willing ally

Blind_Prophet
2021-08-26, 04:26 PM
So i'm planning to play a cartomancer/harrower witch and I've realized this would allow me to imbue my "card darts" w/ Cure X Wounds spells but I can't find anything online or in my books about attacking a willing ally.

My assumption is a willing target could choose to be flat-footed and thus it would be AC 10 in most cases (since its already a touch attack)

What do you guys think?

SangoProduction
2021-08-26, 09:10 PM
Base AC (10) + any applicable involuntary bonuses (like (natural) armor)

Aside from simply AC 10 (which is slightly harder than simply hitting the 25 square foot area in which they stand), that is the simplest way.

I would also say that as an immediate action, the target can "move to catch" it. Spending the action, but removing the attack roll needed.

Blind_Prophet
2021-08-26, 09:28 PM
Base AC (10) + any applicable involuntary bonuses (like (natural) armor)

i could see size, deflection etc mattering but its a touch attack so it ignores nat armor

Psyren
2021-08-26, 09:34 PM
10+deflection+size seems fine to me. Some of the others that apply to touch AC like insight and luck shouldn't apply here.

Blind_Prophet
2021-08-28, 12:19 AM
10+deflection+size seems fine to me. Some of the others that apply to touch AC like insight and luck shouldn't apply here.

Guess its not exactly lucky for cure spells to miss you :P

Psyren
2021-09-10, 02:26 PM
Guess its not exactly lucky for cure spells to miss you :P

I'd consider allowing you to "let things through" deflection too. Deflection effects seem to be able to distinguish between things that are trying to harm you and other forms of touch. In short, that should leave 10+size unless you're being subject to some effect that makes you try to resist being touched by a friendly (e.g. Superstitious Barbarian or Confusion.)