PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Your Living Quaters

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-11-15, 07:12 PM
Ok, so in my new game, my DM has me staying on a boat for a little journy, I have four other traveling companions staying on the boat with me in seperate rooms (they are trust worthy). It's a wooden ship, and ive had the job of protecting the nations king for the past few years (along with said companions) and he is setting sail for war, there for i wish to be prepared for any attack that may come our way. We've had two weeks to prepare.

Im a level 15 wizard, with some extra exp. and had alot of money to throw around in the beganing and there for have a few nifty magical items (staff of aburjation, ring of invisablity, ring of WII, wand of arc lightning, orb of fire, wrack, and invisibility, Returning Dagger, Boots of Striding and Springing, Rod of Quickening, Cloak of Major Repeling (home made, gives a +8 to AC, and 5 fire resistance), 500gp worth of gold dust and dimond dust, a dozen scrolls of nice utility spells, about the same on potions).

My feats are Extend Spell, Craft Wonderous Item, Still Spell, Silent Spell, Imp Inti, SF Ill, SF Con, GSF Con, Spell Penatration.

My stats, I am a Specalist In conjuration, and baned evocation and enchantment. I have the ability to use DD as a SU 7/day (Int Mod), 19 dex, 11str, 10 con, 10 wis, 12 cha. oh and permanet spells are see invis, and detect magic. spell books protected with spell trap alarm and blindness. Also i cast extended mage armor at the begianing of the day, giving me a total of 26 AC, pretty respectable if you ask me.

The parties other caster has placed the spell Guards and Wards to protect the ship, so my door currently also has arcane lock, silent image concealing it (DC 27) and dancing lights above it so the king (if in need) can find it easier.

right know i have been casting alarm everyday (changing the password as well) and have fire trap as a deterent (password tanzen, for all my german speaking friends). I dont keep my staff with me on the ship for RP purposes, but i do have the rod, and my wand of arc lightning, and wrack, along with most of my scrolls and potions. I figure that if im walking around the ship, hear the magical bells going off in my head I'll pull out my rod, and DD to my room and await the unlucky person to have come in with out permission.

also were taking the ship because it is to help the morale of the men, and teleporting there would not be good for the soldiers.

oh and the fire traps cool, the ships the kings transport and there fore warded against fire, magical and mundane, acid, weather, cold, scrying, and plane shifting. but not other types of teleporting.

so can you help me?
comments and thoughts, ty in advance.

cupkeyk
2007-11-15, 07:21 PM
Always cast Anticipate Teleportation from Spell Compendium or its bigger brother. Keeps the nasties at bay for enough rounds for you to buff up or send the King off to a safe place. I wonder why you are even on a ship though. o_0.

Xefas
2007-11-15, 07:25 PM
My first concern would be good ol' fashion brute force. Sure, the boat is warded against all kinds of magic and what not, but its still made of wood. Wood that could easily be punched through by a lone fighter, or worse yet, someone with a useful class. Not to mention cannonballs or the like.

There wouldn't happen to be a Druid aboard, would there? He might be able put down multiple castings of Ironwood one day, and make it a bit harder to break.

...then just hope they don't have adamantine cannonballs or something to that effect.

...ring of invisablity, ring of WII, wand of arc lightning...

Does a Ring of World War II provoke elves into surrendering?

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-11-15, 07:34 PM
Does a Ring of World War II provoke elves into surrendering?

No just the french...

Oh, um.. were taking a boat to war.

I really think i can take care of the king in an emergancy, I just need to know the who i should go about my own room. The anticapate teleportation is a good idea, i dont have my book on me, but is it a concentration spell? i dont think i could have it on all the time.

cupkeyk
2007-11-15, 07:44 PM
Anticipae Teleport has a duration of ten minutes/level. That extend rod will do wonders. Since its a level 3 spell, you need to cast it about twice a day and you are covered. Meh, always have it on.

Chronos
2007-11-15, 10:17 PM
Does a Ring of World War II provoke elves into surrendering?No, he said Ring of WII, not WWII. So you can wave it around in the air and make Mario jump and shoot fireballs out of a flower.

Anticipae Teleport has a duration of ten minutes/level. That extend rod will do wonders. Since its a level 3 spell, you need to cast it about twice a day and you are covered. Meh, always have it on.Five times a day, actually. Remember first of all that he's only level 15, not 20, and second of all, that he's not spending his nights hiding in a Magnificent Mansion. So it only lasts 5 hours extended, and he needs to keep it up 24/7. What's worse, he'd have to cast it at least once during his resting time, which would mean that that spell slot wouldn't be renewed. So he'd need to spend six spell slots per day on it.