PDA

View Full Version : Artillerist/warlock question

cilonrs
2021-08-28, 06:20 AM
So I am currently making a lvl 6 character. My idea was to be an artificer artillerist but take a warlock level because a) fits de concept perfectly and b) short rest to create a new Eldritch Canon without spending any of my artificer spell slots

My question is: should i take more warlock levels for some reason? Or not take at all because the eldritch canon thing isn't even necessary?

stoutstien
2021-08-28, 08:12 AM
So I am currently making a lvl 6 character. My idea was to be an artificer artillerist but take a warlock level because a) fits de concept perfectly and b) short rest to create a new Eldritch Canon without spending any of my artificer spell slots

My question is: should i take more warlock levels for some reason? Or not take at all because the eldritch canon thing isn't even necessary?

What your stats look like?

BerzerkerUnit
2021-08-28, 08:52 AM
What patron is my question? Genie feels like the obvious choice

GeoffWatson
2021-08-28, 08:57 AM
A second level gives an extra short rest spell slot, and two invocations.

MaxWilson
2021-08-28, 09:53 AM

You've played with your DM before and we haven't. You tell me, is short rest slots for Eldritch Cannon necessary? (Remember that the first cannon is free.) Are adventures spread out over the course of days or weeks, or relatively concentrated into an hour or two of dungeon crawling or boss fighting?

Warlock 2/Artillerist X is definitely a lot of fun despite the MADness (Repelling Blast is great, arguably better than Agonizing Blast especially if you're not going to max Charisma). The extra slots can power Shield or Hex or Eldritch Cannon. It's not a mistake, if you've got the stats to afford Cha 14ish. But is it necessary per se? You tell me.