PDA

View Full Version : Elder Evils Book

An Enemy Spy
2021-08-30, 05:45 AM
Does anyone know where to find an inexpensive copy of Elder Evils? Searching on Google led me to results ranging from $150 to one copy on Amazon selling for over $900. There's no way I'm dropping that kind of money on a single book.

mattie_p
2021-08-30, 07:08 AM
Does anyone know where to find an inexpensive copy of Elder Evils? Searching on Google led me to results ranging from $150 to one copy on Amazon selling for over $900. There's no way I'm dropping that kind of money on a single book.

An official pdf is available from Drivethrurpg for $15. They seem to occasionally offer print to order for 3.5 titles, you might inquire directly with them about a hard copy.

Thurbane
2021-08-30, 05:17 PM
Yeah, some of the physical books have become "collectors items", and a very pricey. Best bet may be either to buy a PDF copy, or combine a PDF with some kind of print-on-demand service where they will print and bind it for a fee.

Cygnia
2021-08-30, 05:58 PM
Ebay maybe?

mattie_p
2021-08-30, 06:43 PM
That's probably the 150 version. It's certainly possible to score one cheaper if you carefully scan listings forauctions insteadofbuy it now. Patience and alerts are your friends.

Thurbane
2021-08-30, 06:59 PM
I don't know if there are overseas versions (I assume there would be), but I belong to an Australian RPG buy/swap/sell group on Facebook, so that's another avenue you might want to try.

Bullet06320
2021-08-30, 07:57 PM
check local used bookstores, and gaming stores, sometimes you can come across old stock or discount bins

i got lucky once, local game store owner decided to clear out 3rd party 3rd edtion stuff while i was there, marked everything down to a dollar a book, i got first dibs and grabbed a copy of everything i didnt own, spent 400$, lol

but keep trying ebay and amazon, check for lots of books too, sometimes u have to buy a larger lot, but if the price is worth it for the one you want, you can always resell the books you dont want or need

Kuulvheysoon
2021-08-30, 08:02 PM
I managed to snag my copy for about... 10$ a few years back when a friend of a friend was moving on from the hobby and wanted to get rid of some of his old books.

But damn I didn't realise how valuable some of these old books had gotten.

Thurbane
2021-08-30, 09:33 PM
But damn I didn't realise how valuable some of these old books had gotten.

Yep. I haven't bought a physical book for a while now (I have some gaps in my collection, but between the group as whole we've got most of it covered), but I'm honestly shocked when I see some of the prices the 3.5 stuff is going for.

Cygnia
2021-08-31, 07:43 AM
Heck, I remember trying to track down copies of the Necromancer & Ninja books for 2e back in the day. Those were pricey too.