PDA

View Full Version : Good Cha-based fighting feats

SandDemon
2007-11-15, 09:29 PM
I'm serious :smallbiggrin: Got a character that's level 1-2 that I'm trying to find good feats that use charisma as a focal point.

Already got Devil's Tongue from Fiendish Codex II which is awesome....

Any other ideas?

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-15, 09:32 PM
Somewhere in the homebrew forums, someone dared to stat Dashing Swordsman and added a slew of CHA feats.

Xefas
2007-11-15, 09:34 PM
Well, since, at that level, you aren't going to be worried about Full Attacks, you might want to look at Improved Feint, which runs off of Bluff, which is a CHA skill. A move action to put your enemy flat footed, and then Standard to attack.

Not the best, but you'll hit more often...

Also, if you're really desperate, there's a 3rd party feat called "Bullet-Proof Beauty" that lets you add Charisma to your armor class, but it requires two other feats and a CHA of 21+.

And it's...err...in a netbook of ill repute.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-15, 09:37 PM
Which? It sounds really neat for OTT games.

reorith
2007-11-15, 09:38 PM
combat panache requires ranks in bluff, intimidate and perform.

Temp
2007-11-15, 09:42 PM
Goad from CAd... make stuff attack you.
Snowflake Wardance from Frostburn... have to be a Bard, though.
Avenging Strike from ToB... Good if you'll be fighting heaps of Evil Outsiders for some reason
Divine Might/Shield from CWar... You need Turn Undead to make it run.
Dreadful Wrath from PGtF... Makes stuff Shaken (-2 to everything important) when you fight
Force of Personality from CAd... If you have a really bad Will save and a really good Charisma
Intimidating strike from PHB2... It's okay; you can make things shakened while attacking....

Xefas
2007-11-15, 09:44 PM
Which? It sounds really neat for OTT games.

It was linked in some WotC thread about a year or year 1/2 ago. Its called the "Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge". And it's...yeah, it's exactly what you probably think it is.

While most of it is rather inane or disturbing, its worth a laugh if you think that kind of thing is funny.

Plus a few of the feats might possibly be able to be used in actual play.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-15, 09:46 PM
..Is that REALLY the name?

Awesome. This is SO going to get in my next crazy campaign.

It will never enter the hallowed ground of my normal campaigns, however.

BardicDuelist
2007-11-15, 09:57 PM
Most Cha based feats require class levels, so I'll just throw out that the marshall class (which is on the WoTC site) has some good Cha based things. Might be worth a look.

Arcane Duelist gives Cha to AC at the second level (also on the board).

Other than those things, there aren't really that many Cha based feats, other than some Divine feats in CWar and Snowflake Wardance.

Force of Personality is great if you have a crappy wisdom.

caden_varn
2007-11-16, 07:40 AM
Improved Fient (already mentioned) is really useful if you have sneak attack, as it puts your opponent flat-footed. Depends on which class you are/intend to be, which you have not mentioned.

Telok
2007-11-16, 07:51 AM
Actually the netbook A Complete Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge in Role-Playing Games has existed online in various forms since at least the mid-90s.

I lost my original to a hard drive crash about six years ago. Of course I've never bothered to find a replacement.

Vasdenjas
2007-11-16, 08:26 AM
Intimidating strike from PHB2... It's okay; you can make things shakened while attacking....

Even better, try Frightful Presence from the Draconomicon (p 106). When you attack or charge, all creatures within 30' need to save or be shaken.

Temp
2007-11-16, 08:50 AM
Even better, try Frightful Presence from the Draconomicon (p 106). When you attack or charge, all creatures within 30' need to save or be shaken.
I really don't like the HD limitation so I left that 'un out. I think there was another otherwise-pretty-good feat with that restriction somewhere... can't think of what it was.

The differences between a few pretty similar feats:

Frightful Presence--Only affects Creatures with fewer HD, no action, functions whenever you attack, affects all surrounding creatures

Dreadful Wrath--Affects all surrounding creatures, No action, Works whenever you take a charge or full round attack action or cast a spell.

Intimidating Strike--One Target, Standard action to initiate and attack the target, Higher DC (Intimidate Skill Check + Voluntary reduction to your attack roll)

Vasdenjas
2007-11-16, 09:31 AM
Dreadful Wrath--Affects all surrounding creatures, No action, Works whenever you take a charge or full round attack action or cast a spell.

Well, I must say that IS much better (plus it doesn't have the sentence that say "This doesn't work on Dragons"). I guess the only setback to it would be whether or not he meets the racial/regional requirements, or if the GM will waive those, and if he would be allowed to take that as his 1st level Feat (can only be taken at 1st as written)

Person_Man
2007-11-16, 09:32 AM
What class are you?

Keld Denar
2007-11-16, 09:37 AM
If you have turning attemts available (cleric or paladin) there is Divine Might (CW) Prereq of Power Attack (so you need a 13+ str). You spend a turn attempt to gain your cha bonus to damage for the round. With a high cha, you get not only bonus damage, but bonus uses/day. Paladin also gives you Divine Grace, which adds your cha to saves for lots of juicy cha synergy. Problem is, paladin doesn't get turning until about level 4 (I think).

BardicDuelist
2007-11-16, 12:42 PM
In Dragon 305, there are a huge number of feats that grant your Cha bonus to things. They can be kind of feat intensive, however. I am away from my mags. right now, but I seem to remember one that grants Cha+1 to AC and Character Level to HP, but it requires at least three feats to get (God Touched, Divine Fervor and the feat that grants this).

If your DM will allow Dragon, this issue has loads of great stuff for you.

SandDemon
2007-11-17, 02:30 AM
Cleric, only allowing wizard books.

BardicDuelist
2007-11-17, 09:57 AM
Cleric, only allowing wizard books.

That makes all of the divine feats open to you, so I highly recomend those.

Still, if you DM will consider the Dragon mag. it is Great.