PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Magic Gems that attach to Items

arkol
2021-09-01, 06:39 PM
Hello everyone,

Somewhere in 3.5, I believe it might have been Magic Compendium maybe?, there was this new magic item that was some sort of runes/gems that you could attack to other items (mostly weapons from what I remember) that would grant new abilities to them.

The nifty thing about them is that you could de-attach them and attack them to another item, so it was like an upgrade tha was not bound to a particular item and you could bring it along if you ever found a better weapon than your current one.

Anyone remember the name of it and in what book exactly there were?

GeoffWatson
2021-09-01, 06:45 PM
Hello everyone,

Somewhere in 3.5, I believe it might have been Magic Compendium maybe?, there was this new magic item that was some sort of runes/gems that you could attack to other items (mostly weapons from what I remember) that would grant new abilities to them.

The nifty thing about them is that you could de-attach them and attack them to another item, so it was like an upgrade tha was not bound to a particular item and you could bring it along if you ever found a better weapon than your current one.

Anyone remember the name of it and in what book exactly there were?

Augment Crystals.
Magic Item Compendium.

Prime32
2021-09-04, 10:10 AM
Augment Crystals.
Magic Item Compendium.
This is probably what you were thinking of, but one Eberron book also had "Dragonshard Pommel Stones" - items that you enchant as a magic weapon, then attach to a weapon to replace its existing properties with those of the stone.