PDA

View Full Version : [Project] Chronicles of the Soul...

Korias
2007-11-15, 10:19 PM
How it started

Whilst playing Soul Calibur 3, I realized that the weapons you buy are for "Soul of..." instead of "Character Name Here". This got me thinking: What if you made classes for these souls? Now, I know this goes against the fundamental "Do not atempt to make a character that borrows multiple peices from an established Media" rule, but what if you took the powers that that character has and made it into a base class?

Thus, This project was born. The Chronicles of the Soul.

Below are a few lists of Memorable characters from various games/movies/books. Each has their most important atribute (in my opinion), as well as a base power for their class next to them.

Rayman: Strength, Ranged Attack with fists.
Kilik (Soul Calibur): Str, Quarter Staff Combos
Seigfried (Soul Calibur): Str, Weilding Oversized Weaponry.(Big Swords)
Chell (Portal): Int, Transportation
Gordon Freeman (Half Life): Dex/Cha, Ranged Weaponry and Leadership
Zidane (FFIX): Dex, Stealing Items
Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil): Dex/Wis, Survival under Pressure (Conservation of resources)
Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts): Str, Scythe Combos and AoE Magic
Laraxene(Kingdom Hearts): Dex, Thunder/Electric powers (Shocking Grasp, lightning Bolt...)
Axel (Kingdom Hearts): Dex/Str: Fire based powers (Fireball, Delayed Fireball)
Xigbar(Kingdom Hearts): Dex, Twin Hand Crossbows
Riku (Kingdom Hearts): Str, Negative Energy Powers
Lexaeus(Kingdom Hearts): Con, Earth Powers
Demyx (Kingdom Hearts): Cha, Water/Musical powers
Keil Fluge (Panzer Dragoon): Dex, Dragon-based abilities, such as summoning a Dragon companion that increases in size and power with level growth.

(Huh. Seems I've been playing too much Final Fantasy games...)

Now, What I'm wondering is if anybody is interested in helping me make Base Classes for these, using the powers and abilities of the characters. Please, use your liberal judgement. See something you dont like? Ask to change it. I'll be glad to have help altering this list. Want to do one yourself? Reserve that character! Dont worry, multiple versions of characters are fine!

If you've ever wanted to have those abilities that you see in games, but arent in DnD, nows your chance to build your own class and make that character!

Tips on making the classes

Limit Weapon proficiencies to what the base character can use. Marluxia, for example, should be limited to simple weapons and Scythes.
BAB at +3/4 is a good balance for most of the examples listed. If a class needs more or less, then up/downgrade accordingly.
Keep in mind the powers, and to progress them equaly over 20 levels. No character should get their major damage abilities in the first 10 levels. IE: If a character is getting their powerful abilites at level 10, such as Link's Omnimask from the Majora's Mask game, and it provides bonuses that are accurate to the game, then the structure of abilites is off.

Completed Classes

The Soul of Nightmare: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3536150&postcount=2) By Xefas.

The Soul of Saix: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3546087&postcount=8) By Xefas

Xefas
2007-11-17, 09:26 PM
How is this? Probably not as powerful as a full caster, but I see it being useful. It's based off of a build I made for fun using Tome of Battle classes to replicate Soul Calibur characters (Warblade for Nightmare).

I also feel I should note that all the Aspects with funky names are actual moves that Nightmare uses (at least in Soul Calibur 2).

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/sc_n.jpg

Soul of Nightmare

d12 HD

Int + 6 Skill Points
Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Use Magic Device

Proficienicies: Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor. No shields. Martial Weapon proficiency with the Greatsword.

Class Features:

Zweihander Proficiency: At 1st level, the Soul of Nightmare gains Monkey Grip as a bonus feat.

Soul Charge: A Soul of Nightmare can spend a full-round action charging their blade with their own personal essence. A blade so charged stays as such for 1 round + the Soul's charisma modifier.
At 1st level, the blade gains a +2 bonus to damage.
At 4th level, the blade deals an additional +1d6 damage against good-aligned creatures.
At 7th level, the blade deals an additional +1d6 damage against lawful-aligned creatures.
At 10th level, the blade counts as both Chaotic and Evil for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
At 13th level, the blade's energy feeds upon the life force of those it strikes. Any creature struck must roll a DC (17 + the Soul's charisma modifier) will save or take a -1 penalty on all attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks for 1 minute. Multiple applications stack (maximum penalty equal to half the Soul's character level)
At 16th level, the blade forcibly rends the soul of an opponent every time it strikes them. Any creature struck must roll a DC (18 + the Soul's charisma modifier) will save or take 1d4 charisma damage.
At 19th level, the blade violates the flesh of those it strikes, causing wounds to not heal as they should. Half the damage dealt by the blade is not subject to Fast Healing or Regeneration, and takes twice the required amount of rest to heal naturally (magic healing such as the Cure Wounds chain of spells work normally).

Aspect of Nightmare: At 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 17th, and 18th level, the Soul of Nightmare can choose one of the following, which then becomes a permanent extraordinary ability available for use.
1) Earth Divide: Once per encounter, as a standard action, the Soul of Nightmare can make an attack that deals an additional +2d6 points of damage per 3 class levels (2d6 lvl 1-5, 4d6 lvl 6-8, 6d6 lvl 9-11, etc) and bypasses all hardness.
2) Night Lower Stance: Nightmare can only be in one stance at a time. As a swift action, Nightmare can change to Night Side Stance. While in this stance, Nightmare gains a +2 bonus to AC and +4 bonus to resist bull rush, trip, and overrun attacks.
3) Night Back Stance: Nightmare can only be in one stance at a time. As a swift action, Nightmare can change to Night Back Stance. While in this stance, Nightmare gains a +4 bonus on Bull Rush, Trip, and Sunder attacks.
4) Night Side Stance: Nightmare can only be in one stance at a time. As a swift action, Nightmare can change to Night Side Stance. While in this stance, Nightmare can opt to take a 5ft step in place of an Attack of Opportunity.
5) Fearsome Presence: When Nightmare attacks or charges, all enemies within 30ft must make a DC (10 + half the Soul's class level + the Soul's chaisma modifier) will save or become shaken for one minute. Any creature who successfully saves against this ability is immune for 24 hours.
6) Big Deformed Claw: The Soul of Nightmare becomes tainted by the fell powers he wishes to control. His right arm becomes a massive mutated testament to corruption, twisted at the end to make an imposing claw out of the Soul's former hand. The Soul can now make a natural claw attack that deals (1d8 + str modifier) damage. In addition, the claw grants a +2 bonus on all grapple checks.
7) Witch Hunt: Once per encounter, as a standard action, the Soul of Nightmare can make a melee touch attack. If the attack succeeds, he and the touched opponent make opposed grapple checks. If Nightmare wins, the opponent is lifted into the air with one hand and hurled across the room, taking 1d6 damage per point of Nightmare's strength modifier, and falling prone 20 feet away (or closer, if Nightmare chooses). If an obstacle kept the the victim from advancing, the victim takes an additional 1d6 damage for every 10 feet he was unable to travel. If the victim wins the initial grapple check, he breaks free and nothing happens.
8) Unholy Terror: Once per encounter, as a standard action, the Soul of Nightmare can make a melee touch attack. If the attack succeeds, he and the touched opponent make opposing grapple checks. If Nightmare wins, the opponent is pulled with one hand up against Nightmare's blade, then heaved across the blade over Nightmare's head, and dropped on Nightmare's opposite side. The opponent takes damage as if struck by Nightmare's primary weapon, and its position is changed to be on the opposite side of Nightmare from where it started. If the victim wins the initial grapple check, nothing happens. This ability only works on creatures one size category larger than Nightmare, or smaller.
9) Gauntlet Buster: Once per encounter, as a standard action, the Soul of Nightmare can make a standard attack. If it succeeds, the opponent must make a DC (5 + damage dealt) reflex save or drop everything they're holding.
10) Rook Splitter: Once per encounter, as an immediate action when a creature charges Nightmare, he can sidestep to one side, setting up a savage blow to their back. The charging creature ends up occupying the square Nightmare was initially in, and Nightmare is in one adjacent square. The charging creature deals no damage, and is flat-footed for 1 round, but only in regards to attacks by Nightmare.
11) Midnight Launcher: Once per encounter, as an immediate action after Nightmare charges an opponent and succeeds in striking them, he can leap back the way he came up to 20ft (Nightmare's choice). This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
12) Jade Crusher: This maneuver requires the "Big Deformed Claw" Aspect of Nightmare. Once per encounter, as a standard action, Nightmare can charge his claw with soul energy and jab his opponent with lightning speed, depositing the energy into his opponent, mangling their motor skills. As part of this action, Nightmare makes a single natural attack with his claw, if it succeeds, the victim must make a DC (10 + half the Soul's class level + the Soul's strength modifier) fortitude save or lose their next standard action.

Soul of Night Terror: At 20th level, the Soul of Nightmare awakens to its true magnificence, and embodies the true form of Nightmare. The Soul grows wings that grant a fly speed of 60ft (good maneuverability); pure corrupted soul energy flows around its skin, granting damage reduction 10/good; and it gains a permanent +4 bonus to charisma.

Soul of Nightmare
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Zweihander Proficiency, Soul Charge I
2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Aspect of Nightmare
3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Aspect of Nightmare
4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Soul Charge II
5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Aspect of Nightmare
6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+2|Aspect of Nightmare
7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+2|Soul Charge III
8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+2|Aspect of Nightmare
9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+3|Aspect of Nightmare
10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+3|Soul Charge IV
11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+3|
+3|Aspect of Nightmare
12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+4|
+4|Aspect of Nightmare
13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+4|
+4|Soul Charge V
14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+4|
+4|Aspect of Nightmare
15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+5|
+5|Aspect of Nightmare
16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+5|
+5|Soul Charge VI
17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+5|Aspect of Nightmare
18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+6|Aspect of Nightmare
19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+6|Soul Charge VII
20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+6|Soul of Night Terror[/table]

Korias
2007-11-18, 09:31 PM
Nicely done. I see one problem, and thats with positional movement. If the target is two size catagories larger than the Soul of Nightmare, then it shouldn't be able to be thrown over his head. Can you imagine a Medium Sized Soul of Nightmare throwing the Titan over his head like that?

Xefas
2007-11-19, 08:55 AM
Nicely done. I see one problem, and thats with positional movement. If the target is two size catagories larger than the Soul of Nightmare, then it shouldn't be able to be thrown over his head. Can you imagine a Medium Sized Soul of Nightmare throwing the Titan over his head like that?

Ah, good point; I changed the ability in question.

I'm almost done with the Soul of Saix. I'm trying to have a balanced dichotomy of tactical moves while he's not berserking, and beefed up stats and bonuses while he is berserking. Seems so far like he'll be a bit MAD, but...that's just a hilarious pun in and of itself.

EDIT: Added spoilered picture of Nightmare

Korias
2007-11-19, 03:53 PM
Likewise, I'm working on Rayman and Wink souls.

The Soul ofRayman's abilities focus on using his fists from afar. He also gets a Lum Lum (A small, LoZ-Fairy type creature that does random things) familiar at level two.

Wink, the main character from an online game, (http://www.addictinggames.com/winkthegame.html), is a class who focuses on stealth and charged items. One of his abilities is "Natural Charge", which gives him extra charges equal to his level to be used in a wand or staff. His other ability is to convert the type of damage into other types, such as making a fireball deal Electrical damage instead.

Xefas
2007-11-19, 07:39 PM
Wink, the main character from an online game, (http://www.addictinggames.com/winkthegame.html), is a class....

I just went and played that game, and...I gotta say, it was a lot better than many of the games I've payed for in the past. In fact, I think I just had more fun playing that game than the entirety of Metal Gear Solid II.

Korias
2007-11-19, 07:53 PM
I just went and played that game, and...I gotta say, it was a lot better than many of the games I've payed for in the past. In fact, I think I just had more fun playing that game than the entirety of Metal Gear Solid II.

I must admit, it is a fun game. I've also scrapped Rayman, in favor of working in some Raving Rabbids abilities (Plunger gun, Wild dance moves, ect.).

Xefas
2007-11-19, 10:23 PM
http://www.kingdomfantasy.com/imguse/organisation13/image016.jpg

Soul of Saix

d10 hit dice

4 + int skill points
Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Gather Information, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (any), Sense Motive, Tumble

Proficiency: Light Armor. No Shields. Martial Weapon Proficiency with the Greataxe.

Class Features:

Insightful Awareness (Ex): Adrenaline ignites the mind of a Soul of Saix, causing them to perceive things at a much faster rate than normal people. They gain their intelligence modifier as an Insight bonus to their Armor Class as long as they are not flat-footed (this bonus applies to touch AC as well).

Extraordinary Focus: A 1st level Soul of Saix gains Combat Focus as a bonus feat. At 3rd level, the Soul gains Combat Stability as a bonus feat. At 9th level, the Soul gains Combat Vigor as a bonus feat. At 12th level, the Soul gains Combat Awareness as a bonus feat. At 15th level, the Soul gains Combat Strike as a bonus feat. (The Soul need not meet the prerequisites for any of these feats to attain them in this manner)

Lunar Fury (Ex): A Soul of Saix can concentrate their minds to such an extent that their focus blocks out everything but their current goal. To others, it appears that the Soul has gone insane with bloodlust, but in reality they have merely transcended to a mental clarity otherwise unattainable. This ability affords them certain benefits while in a Combat Focus.
At 1st level, Saix gains a +4 enhancement bonus to strength while in a Focus.
At 5th level, Saix gains the benefit of the Knockdown feat while in a Focus (he need not meet the prerequisites).
At 9th level, Saix gains a +4 enhancement bonus to constitution while in a Focus.
At 13th level, Saix becomes immune to fear and morale-based penalties while in a Focus.
At 17th level, Saix becomes immune to Mind-Affecting abilities while in a Focus.

Gibbous Charge (Ex): Once per encounter per points of the Soul's intelligence modifier, when Saix is not in a Combat Focus, he can make a charge that provokes no attacks of opportunity. At 7th level, the Soul's Gibbous Charge improves, granting him a damage bonus equal to his class level when making the attack at the end of the charge.

Moonlight Stance (Ex): At 4th level, Saix gains access to three stances while not in a Combat Focus. Going into a stance, or switching to a different one is a swift action.
1) New Moon: While in this stance, Saix gains 20% concealment against ranged atttacks.
2) Half Moon: While in this stance, Saix deals 1d6 extra damage and gains a +2 shield bonus to his armor class.
3) Full Moon: While in this stance, Saix gains a +10 bonus to his movement speed.

Mind Over Matter (Ex): At 6th level, a Soul of Saix can substitute a Concentration check in place of a saving throw as an immediate action. This ability can be used once per day per points of the Soul's intelligence modifier, but never more than once per encounter.

Crescent Cutter (Ex): At 8th level, when Saix performs a full attack while not in a Combat Focus, the critical range for any Greataxe he wields increases by 1 (this stacks with Improved Critical or Keen). At 14th level, under the same conditions, the critical multiplier of any Greataxe he wields increases by x1.

Lunar Cycle: At 10th level, Saix can be in two of his Moonlight Stances simultaneously. Both stances take one swift action each to assume or change. At 16th level, Saix can perform a mesh of all three stances simultaneously.

Waning Circuit (Ex): At 11th level, while not in a Combat Focus, Saix can take a full-action to roll a single attack with a Greataxe. Apply this attack roll to every opponent within range, and deal damage as normal. At 18th level, once per day per point of intelligence modifier, Saix can perform a Waning Circuit in place of the normal attack at the end of a Gibbous Charge.

Lunar Eclipse (Ex): At 19th level, once per day per point of intelligence modifier (but not more than once in an encounter), Saix can spend a standard action to make a single normal attack, that, if successful, deals 2d6 constitution damage in addition to normal damage. If the attack misses, the attempt is consumed anyway. This ability cannot be used if Saix is in a Combat Focus.

Nobody's Soul: At 20th level, a Soul of Saix loses the majority of their humanity. Their type changes to Outsider (native), and they are no longer subject to spells reliant on pain (such as Symbol of Pain) or emotion (such as Calm Emotions). In addition, the Soul is immune to non-magical manufactured weapons (but not natural weapons or unarmed attacks).

Soul of Saix
1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Insightful Awareness, Lunar Fury I, Extraordinary Focus I
2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Gibbous Charge I
3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Extraordinary Focus II
4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|Moonlight Stances
5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|Lunar Fury II
6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+5|Mind Over Matter
7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+5|Gibbous Charge II
8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+6|Cescent Cutter I
9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|Extraordinary Focus III, Lunar Fury III
10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Lunar Cycle I
11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+3|
+7|Waning Circuit I
12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+4|
+8|Extraordinary Focus IV
13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+4|
+8|Lunar Fury IV
14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+4|
+9|Crescent Cutter II
15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+5|
+9|Extraordinary Focus V
16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+5|
+10|Lunar Cycle II
17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+10|Lunar Fury V
18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+11|Waning Circuit II
19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|Lunar Eclipse
20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+12|Nobody's Soul[/table]

BisectedBrioche
2007-11-19, 11:03 PM
Just for the OP's info; The protagonist of Portal's called Chell.

Korias
2007-11-20, 07:09 AM
Just for the OP's info; The protagonist of Portal's called Chell.

Ah. Thanks for the Info

As for the Soul of Siax.... Very nicely done. SOme issues, however.

Extrodinary Focus: Where are the feats coming from?

Lunar Eclipse: Is the Con damage temporary or permanent? Con Damage is poweful in its own right. 2d6 may be too harsh, but as a once an encoutner thing, it seems OK.

Xefas
2007-11-20, 08:20 AM
Extrodinary Focus: Where are the feats coming from?

Lunar Eclipse: Is the Con damage temporary or permanent? Con Damage is powerful in its own right. 2d6 may be too harsh, but as a once an encoutner thing, it seems OK.

The feats are from the Player's Handbook II.

As for the CON damage, it's ability damage (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#abilityDamage), so it's healed naturally 1 point per day, and can be healed instantly by the restoration series of spells, which at lvl 19, anyone who isn't a mook shouldn't be terribly inconvenienced by.

Anyway, I'm also beginning work on two other classes now, so long as you don't mind me contributing too much. It's Thanksgiving Break here, so I have LOADS of free time.

Korias
2007-11-20, 03:33 PM
Anyway, I'm also beginning work on two other classes now, so long as you don't mind me contributing too much. It's Thanksgiving Break here, so I have LOADS of free time.

Not at all. Which ones are you doing?

Xefas
2007-11-22, 05:17 AM
Not at all. Which ones are you doing?

This one and I'm trying to puzzle out a suitable "combo" system for a Soul of Marluxia.

Anyway, the following is *ahem* "technically" a video game character. In the same way a Lawful Evil person makes the air-quotes and says "technically- there are no laws saying I can't stab children, just people", so too is this person "technically" a video game character.

Regardless, I was inspired while reading the manga...

If the following doesn't count, just say so, and I'll delete it.

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/305/d/a/Marik_Ishtar_by_rafa_ishtar.jpg

Soul of Malik

d8 Hit Dice

(4 + int modifier) skill points
Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Religion), Knowledge (The Planes), Move Silently, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device

Proficiencies: Light armor. No shields. Simple weapon proficiency with the Heavy Mace.

Class Features:

Soul Vise (Su): As a standard action, Malik can make a ranged touch attack against one opponent within 30ft. If the attack succeeds, the opponent is momentarily wracked with excruciating pain, taking 1d4 points of nonlethal damage, and gaining 1 Torture Scar.

Agony Wheel (Su): As a full round action, Malik can manifest a swirling maw of insubstantial saw-like teeth in a 15ft cube. It takes time for it to fully appear, doing so at the start of Malik's next turn. Any creature that ends its turn within the maw takes 1d8 points of nonlethal damage automatically, and gains 1 Torture Scar.

Induce Fatigue (Su): As a standard action, Malik can cause the scars buried within a target's soul to flare up, exhausting their body. Choose up to as many Torture Scars on one creature you can see, and absolve them. For every Torture Scar removed in this way, the creature's movement speed for all modes is reduced by 10ft for a number of rounds equal to the number of Scars removed. If 3 or more Scars are removed in this way, the creature also becomes Fatigued. If 5 or more scars are removed, the creature instead becomes Exhausted.

Painful Strike (Su): A 2nd level Soul of Malik can continuously channel harmful energy into a held Heavy Mace. The first melee hit the Soul makes in a round with a Heavy Mace causes the target to be afflicted by 1 Torture Scar.

Pain Sight (Su): A 3rd level Soul of Malik has an easier time striking creatures whose soul has been tainted by his magic, as his hands instinctually reach out to cause them more pain. Malik gains a +1 bonus per Torture Scar on the creature on all attack rolls against that creature. This ability only works on creatures 1 square away per Torture Scar on them (1=adjacent, 2=10ft, etc).

Aura of Torment (Su): At 4th level, a Soul of Malik begins to exude an aura of malicious power. Any creature that ends its turn within 10ft of Malik takes 1d4 points of nonlethal damage per Torture Scar they have. At 8th level, this aura's radius widens to 15ft and deals 2d4 points of nonlethal damage. At 12th level, the aura widens to 20ft and deals 4d4 points of nonlethal damage. At 16th, it deals 6d4 points of nonlethal damage.

Induce Injury (Su): As a standard action, a 5th level Soul of Malik can cause the scars buried within a target's soul to flare up, mutilating their body. Choose up to as many Torture Scars on one creature you can see, and absolve them. For every Torture Scar removed in this way, the creature takes 2d6 points of damage. At 10th level, the damage is increased to 3d6. At 15th level, the damage is increased to 4d6. At 20th level, the damage is increased to 5d6. All damage caused in this way is no subject to damage reduction.

Mental Submission (Su): A 6th level Soul of Malik can produce an effect exactly like the Charm Person spell at will, except that only one creature can be charmed at a time (charming a second creature breaks the spell on the first). His caster level is equal to his class level, and the saving throw is based off of charisma. A creature with Torture Scars on it takes a -1 penalty on its saving throw against this ability for each Scar.

Lifeline (Su): A 7th level Soul of Malik can bond two creatures together as a move action, so that pain induced on one is instead put upon the other. Both creatures must be within 60ft of Malik when the ability is first used, and the recieving creature is entitled a will saving throw to resist (DC 10 + half the Soul's class level + the soul's charisma modifier). Once the Lifeline is established, it stays in effect for one round per point of Malik's charisma modifier. When Torture Scars would be placed upon the first creature, they are instead put upon the second. In addition, Malik can choose to end the Lifeline as a full-round action, placing 1 Torture Scar on both participating creatures.

Masochistic Surge (Su): An 8th level Soul of Malik can instantly absolve all Torture Scars on himself as a swift action to gain a proportionate bonus. All bonuses are in addition to the ones above them, and last for 1 round per point of Malik's charisma modifier.
1 Scar= Malik gains a +2 morale bonus on all attack rolls
2 Scars= Malik deals an additional 2d6 points of nonlethal damage whenever he deals any kind of damage.
3 Scars= Malik gains a +2 insight bonus to his armor class
4 Scars= Malik gains a +2 profane bonus on all attack rolls
5 Scars= Malik gains Spell Resistance 12 + his class level

Induce Fear (Su): As a standard action, a 9th level Soul of Malik can cause the scars buried within a target's soul to flare up, filling their mind with unspeakable nightmares. Choose up to as many Torture Scars on one creature you can see, and absolve them. If 1 scar is removed, the target takes a -1 morale penalty on all d20 rolls for 5 rounds. If 2 scars are removed, then the target becomes shaken instead for 10 rounds. If 4 scars are removed, the target becomes Frightened instead for 5 rounds. If 5 scars are removed, the target is instead Panicked for 5 rounds + 1 round per point of Malik's charisma modifier.

Induce Servitude (Su): As a full-round action, a 10th level Soul of Malik can attempt to dominate (as the dominate monster spell) any creature within 10ft that has 5 or more Torture Scars on it. First, those 5 scars are removed, and the creature is allowed a Will saving throw (10 + half the Soul's class level + the Soul's charisma modifier). If the saving throw fails, the creature is dominated for 24 hours. Only one creature can be dominated by this ability at a time; dominating a second creature frees the first.

Surrogate Painful Strike (Su): As a free action, an 11th level Soul of Malik can give up his Painful Strike ability; transferring it to the creature he has dominated via Induce Servitude. When the dominated creature has this ability, it functions on any melee weapon they wield (not just Heavy Maces). Taking the ability back is a free action, and if Induce Servitude ends for any reason, the ability is automatically returned.

Morbid Camaraderie (Su): A 13th level Soul of Malik gains a sick sort of understanding about those he tortures. If a creature with 2 or more torture points speaks a lie directly to Malik while within 10ft of him, he is mentally alerted of it. He is not informed of what the magnitude of the lie was (such as if it was a lie of omission, or a double entendre, etc).

Masochistic Empowerment (Su): The Soul Vise and Agony Wheel abilities of a 14th level Soul of Malik afflict their targets with 2 Torture Scars instead of 1, as long as Malik has 2 Torture Scars on himself.

Mind Slave (Su): A 15th level Soul of Malik can choose to make his Induce Servitude ability permanent as a free action. The affected creature is still freed if Induce Servitude is used against a different creature.

Pained Existence: The abilities of a 16th level Soul of Malik function even on creatures without souls, without nerve endings, immune to nonlethal damage, immune to pain, immune to fear, or immune to mind-affecting abilities (applicable to the appropriate ability).

Demon Summoning Ritual (Su): A 17th level Soul of Malik can call a single Balor (or lesser demon) to their side once per day as a full-round action. The Balor serves for 1 minute, and then is sent back to wherever they were previously. In addition, every time the summoned demon deals damage with a melee attack, it afflicts the target with 1 Torture Scar. This is a Conjuration (Summoning) effect.

Living Darkness (Su): A hazy black mist continually flows in a 10ft radius around an 18th level Soul of Malik, composed of hatred, bloodlust, murderous intent, and the unabated insanity of the Soul's mind. Any creature inside the mist is granted 20% concealment from all attacks (including Malik), except for those made by Malik, who can see through the haze perfectly. In addition, Malik becomes immune to critical hits, fear, ability damage and drain, and energy drain while within the mist (since the radius is always centered on him, the mist must be dispelled or suppressed somehow to take him out of it).

Aggressive Darkness (Su): The radius of a 19th level Soul of Malik's Living Darkness increases to 15ft. In addition, any creature knocked unconscious from nonlethal damage while within the radius of Living Darkness is instantly slain, and any healing spells cast on a creature within the Living Darkness do not remove nonlethal damage.

Penalty Game (Su): The radius of a 20th level Soul of Malik's Living Darkness increases to 20ft. In addition, any creature slain by the Soul's Aggressive Darkness ability has their soul consumed; sentenced to play out a neverending "penalty game" within Malik's mind in which they are subject to constant immeasurable suffering. Only a wish or miracle followed by a True Resurrection can bring back an individual who has had their soul consumed in such a way. A Soul of Malik can also utterly destroy one of the souls trapped in his penalty game in order to restore 10 lost hit points from himself. A destroyed soul cannot be brought back accept by epic level magic or divine intervention.

Soul of Malik

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Soul Vise, Agony Wheel, Induce Fatigue

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Painful Strike

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Pain Sight

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Aura of Torment I

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Induce Injury I

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Mental Submission

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Lifeline

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6|Masochistic Surge, Aura of Torment II

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6|Induce Fear

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Induce Servitude, Induce Injury II

11th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Surrogate Painful Strike

12th|
+6/+1|
+4|
+4|
+8|Aura of Torment III

13th|
+6/+1|
+4|
+4|
+8|Morbid Camaraderie

14th|
+7/+2|
+4|
+4|
+9|Masochistic Empowerment

15th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+9|Mind Slave, Induce Injury III

16th|
+8/+3|
+5|
+5|
+10|Pained Existence, Aura of Torment IV

17th|
+8/+3|
+5|
+5|
+10|Demon Summoning Ritual

18th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+11|Living Darkness

19th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+11|Aggressive Darkness

20th|
+10/+5|
+6|
+6|
+12|Penalty Game, Induce Injury IV[/table]

Karma Guard
2007-11-22, 12:22 PM
Soul of Saix

Saix's weapon is a Claymore. A really big one. Otherwise, this is pretty good.

Also, I've got a Soul of Axel in the works.

Xefas
2007-11-22, 11:10 PM
Saix's weapon is a Claymore. A really big one. Otherwise, this is pretty good.

Also, I've got a Soul of Axel in the works.

Look at the picture of Saix (http://www.kingdomfantasy.com/imguse/organisation13/image016.jpg) I have spoilered over his name.

Look at the weapon he's holding.

Then look me in the eye and tell me that's a claymore. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/57/Chieftain-1.jpg/150px-Chieftain-1.jpg)

If you honestly think it is so in the face of objective proof that says otherwise, then I submit that you are either of poor eyesight or an exceptional dullard.

Karma Guard
2007-11-23, 01:49 AM
Look at Saix.

Look at the weapon he's holding.

Then look me in the eye and tell me that's a claymore.

If you honestly think it is so in the face of objective proof that says otherwise, then I submit that you are either of poor eyesight or an exceptional dullard.

Only if you'll look me back and tell me that's a Greataxe (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Axes01.jpg).

It's definitely not an Axe; it's (at least) shaped like a sword. It's not really any one real weapon at all. I had another friend who's never played KH and she decided it was a Morningstar, because it has a 'disc shaped business end with spikes coming out of it'.

It's more swordy than axey or macey. He swings it like a sword. The Berserker Nobodies use vaguely similar sword-like objects. It may not be a Claymore. But it's not an Axe.

PS calling me blind and/or stupid was uncalled for. Especially when everything and it's wiki is calling it a claymore, and not an axe.

Xefas
2007-11-23, 03:28 AM
Only if you'll look me back and tell me that's a Greataxe (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Axes01.jpg).

It's definitely not an Axe; it's (at least) shaped like a sword. It's not really any one real weapon at all. I had another friend who's never played KH and she decided it was a Morningstar, because it has a 'disc shaped business end with spikes coming out of it'.

I can maybe see it resembling a morningstar, but I don't see how you could compare it to a sword. If anything, when Saix draws it, it looks vaguely like a club, and then the circular fans of spikes come out, and it looks like an axe.

It's more swordy than axey or macey. He swings it like a sword. The Berserker Nobodies use vaguely similar sword-like objects. It may not be a Claymore. But it's not an Axe.

He swings it underhand, from behind his waist. Noone swings anything like that, mostly because outside of a video game, it'd be the worst stance ever. Not only that, but you just said it had a disk on the end with spikey bits. How does that sound like a sword at all?

PS calling me blind and/or stupid was uncalled for. Especially when everything and it's wiki is calling it a claymore, and not an axe.

Alright, I apologize for that, but it just seems so obvious to me. Just because its 'called' a claymore, doesn't mean anything. If I slapped a label on my dog that said he was a giraffe, and started handing out instructional pamphlets that said he was a giraffe, it doesn't make him a giraffe; it makes me an idiot.

I will now attempt, via Paint, to illustrate my point, as I see it.

Illustration (http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/Xiranthador/axecomparison.jpg)

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-21, 01:31 AM
I'd like to do the Soul of Ryu. Not Street Fighter Ryu. Ryu from the Breath of Fire series. Mostly because he's the most memorable RPG character I've seen in a long time.

Saix: It looks like a sword to me. Whether the sword is ruined hulk of metal or not because of that stupid looking star-burst pattern on it is irrelevant. Further, it's flat and wielded one-handed. No one axes things one-handed.

fafnir300
2008-01-13, 12:56 PM
This is not a class, just my free-form version of siegfried. Maybe someone can convert it into a class.

Edited: 12/11/07 Siegfried from Soul Calibur 3 (it makes alot more sense than before and I even added the Guard Impact to make him tougher).

Siegfried
Medium Humanoid (Good)
Fighter 20
HD: 20d10 + 60 (260 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 30 ft. (in full plate) 40 ft. (without)
AC: 35 (+18 armor, +5 deflection, + 2 Dex) touch 17, flat-footed 33
BAB/ Grapple: +20/+28
Attack: +5 holy, keen, mighty cleaving, large greatsword, Soul Calibur + 35 melee (3d6 + 21 +2d6 unholy damage against evil creatures/17-20/x2)
Full attack: +5 holy, keen, mighty cleaving, large greatsword, Soul Calibur +35/+30/+25/+20 melee (3d6 + 21 +2d6 unholy damage against evil creatures/17-20/x2)
Space/reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special attacks: Base Hold, Chief Hold, Earth Divide, Grounder, Guard Impact, Side Hold, Soul Charge
Special qualities: Armored Combatant, Swordmaster, Skilled Combatant
Saves: Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +7
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 11
Skills: Concentration +26, Intimidate +19, Jump +27, Sense Motive +20, Tumble +21
Feats: Armor Proficiency (Heavy), Cleave, Combat Expertise, Great Fortitude, Greater Weapon Focus (greatsword), Greater Weapon Specialization (greatsword), Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Concentration), Weapon Focus (greatsword), Weapon Specialization (greatsword)
Environment: Anywhere
Organization:Solitary (Unique)
CR: 25
Treasure: Soul Calibur
Alignment: Neutral Good

Combat: Siegfried uses his massive sword to defeat his foes.

Armored Combatant: Siegfried gains Armor Proficiency (Heavy) as a bonus feat, even though he doesn’t meet the requirements.

Base Hold(Ex):Siegfried crouches down, as a swift action, while holding his sword in front of him in a defensive position. He gains a +2 bonus to AC while in this stance. If attacked while in this Hold, he must succeed a Concentration check DC 10 +damage dealt. If he fails the check, he looses the Hold. He can switch between any Hold, of his choosing, as another swift. He gains the following abilities while in this Hold:

-Reborn Basher (Ex): Siegfried makes a charge and gains a +6 bonus to attack and damage rolls. He receives no penalties to AC. This charge only has a range of a 10 ft. line. If he hits his target, they must succeed a Tumble check DC 28 or be knocked down for 1 round.

-Spin (Ex):Siegfried spins to the side gaining a +3 dodge bonus to AC against anyone attacking him. Whenever he spins, he automatically shifts to the next possible Hold. Example: Base Hold>Chief Hold>Side Hold>Base Hold>and so on.

Chief Hold(Ex): Siegfried holds his sword, behind his back, with one hand as a swift action. He can switch between any Hold, of his choosing, as another swift If attacked, while in this Hold, he must succeed a Concentration check DC 10 +damage dealt. If he fails the check, he looses the Hold. He gains the following abilities while in this Hold:

-Hell Slayer(Ex):Siegfried swings his massive sword in an upward motion knocking his target 10 ft. in the air. This single attack deals full damage (39 points), at a +30 attack bonus, plus 1d6 points of falling damage. A successful Tumble check DC 28 negates damage from the fall, and the target lands on their feet. DC is Str-based.

-Spin(Ex): Siegfried spins to the side gaining a +3 dodge bonus to AC against anyone attacking him. Whenever he spins, he automatically shifts to the next possible Hold. Example: Base Hold>Chief Hold>Side Hold>Base Hold>and so on..

Side Hold(Ex): Siegfried holds his sword by his side with one hand, as a swift action. If attacked while in this Hold, he must succeed a Concentration check DC 10 +damage dealt. If he fails the check, he looses the Hold. He can switch between any Hold, of his choosing, as another swift action. He gains the following abilities while in this Hold:

-Reaver (Ex): Siegfried swings his sword in a downward motion, slamming his target into the ground. This single attack deals full damage (39 points), at a +30 attack bonus. Target must succeed a Fortitude save DC 28 or lose a turn. DC is Str-based.

-Spin(Ex): Siegfried spins to the side gaining a +3 dodge bonus to AC against anyone attacking him. Whenever he spins, he automatically shifts to the next possible Hold. Example: Base Hold>Chief Hold>Side Hold>Base Hold>and so on.

Earth Divide(Ex): Siegfried gathers all his strength and makes a devastating slash. This deals double the damage at a +25 attack bonus. The target must then succeed a Fortitude save DC 28 or be knocked prone for one round. DC is Str-based.

Grounder (Ex): After making a Full Attack, Siegfried can make a Trip attempt with a +4 bonus.

Guard Impact (Ex): Once per round, whenever Siegfried is attacked, he can attempt a Guard Impact. He must succeed a Sense Motive check DC (10 + ½ the attacker’s HD + their Dex bonus). If unsuccessful, he takes damage from the attack. However, if he is successful he guides the targets movement, effectively canceling their attack, and exposing them to an attack of opportunity from him. He cannot perform a Guard Impact against a full attack.

Skilled Combatant (Ex): Siegfried is very skill and gains 2 times the skill points for a fighter. (96 skill points)

Soul Charge (Su): Siegfried can charge up and deal extra damage. Soul Charge has 3 levels. Each level allows Siegfried to deal an extra 1d6 points of damage (3d6 max). It takes Siegfried a while to charge through the different levels. Use the following to determine the types of actions it takes to charge:

Level 1: free action
Level 2: standard action
Level 3: full-round action

While Soul Charging, Siegfried provokes attacks of opportunity. If hit, Siegfried must succeed a Concentration check DC (10+ damage dealt + attacker’s Str bonus) to maintain his charge. If unsuccessful, Siegfried gains no bonus to damage. The Soul charge bonus lasts for 1 round.

Swordmaster: Siegfried is well trained in wielding massive swords, such as the large greatsword. He gains the Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization as bonus feats, even though he does not meet the requirements. He also does not receive penalties for wielding oversized-weapons.

Soul Calibur: This is a +5 holy, keen, mighty cleaving, large greatsword. It heals its wielder with each swing. Whenever Siegfried attacks with this sword, successful or not, his hit points are recovered by 3 points. This cannot exceed his maximum hit points. Soul Calibur also provides the wielder with a +5 deflection bonus.

Fizban
2008-01-13, 03:46 PM
Hey Xefas, you seem pretty good at this. Played much Legend of Zelda? If so, I'd like to see a Link of some sort. Preferably Twilight Princess, though they did put him in the gamecube soul caliber, if you've played that. Bonus points if you manage to get the major equipment and explain it without seeming contrived.

togapika
2008-01-13, 05:51 PM
Anyone willing to do the soul of Xaldin (The Whirlwind Lancer)?

Kiren
2008-01-13, 09:45 PM
I would want to see a Soul of link class

BisectedBrioche
2008-01-13, 11:23 PM
I think someone posted a class based on Link a while ago. Think it was called the "Initiat of the Green Tunic" or something like that.