PDA

View Full Version : Finding Ways to combat Lycanthropy

Silverhawk112
2021-09-02, 03:52 AM
My character is a lycanthrope, so I dont need any help with this.

However, my party members aren't lycanthropes so they can be infected with Lycanthropy. I need help finding magic items or items of similar effect to prevent my party members from having to roll the saving throw to prevent the curse, or something to make them just outright immune (ie: "Torque of the Deity" Magic of Faerun pg. 166)

If you have any recommendations, please feel free to place them down. I may not be able to respond immediately, but will likely be able to respond at around 11 AM CST if you need any more input.

ShurikVch
2021-09-02, 06:00 AM
What kind of Lycanthrope are you?
If natural - then just don't bite your party members; if afflicted - then you're incapable to infect them anyway...

Otherwise - looks like Magic of Faerūn is the book you need: aforementioned Torque of the Deity is, apparently, the cheapest (in its "+1" variant); also, Ring of Disease Immunity (8000 gp)

Silverhawk112
2021-09-02, 11:38 AM
What kind of Lycanthrope are you?
If natural - then just don't bite your party members; if afflicted - then you're incapable to infect them anyway...

Otherwise - looks like Magic of Faerūn is the book you need: aforementioned Torque of the Deity is, apparently, the cheapest (in its "+1" variant); also, Ring of Disease Immunity (8000 gp)

I am playing a Lythari, so even if I were to accidentally bite them, they would have no chance at becoming a lycanthrope. My worry isnt me infecting them, it's other lycanthropes infecting them.

ShurikVch
2021-09-02, 12:32 PM
I am playing a Lythari, so even if I were to accidentally bite them, they would have no chance at becoming a lycanthrope. My worry isnt me infecting them, it's other lycanthropes infecting them.
OK! :smallsmile:
Then, as I already said, TotD or RoDI

Also - if you need something cheaper - Draught, Silver (Dragon #331) gives +2 alchemical bonus on save versus lycanthropy for a hour; costs 75 gp, craft DC 25
Besides that, Wolfsbane is just 5 gp (if you don't collect it yourself), and capable to both cure Lycanthropy (with successful Fort 20 save) and repel Lycanthropes (with touch attack; DC 12 Will save or flee for 1d4 rounds, as if affected by the spell cause fear)

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-09-02, 12:37 PM
RAW, there's nothing preventing someone from contracting multiple strains of lycanthropy. Ask your DM if he wants to houserule in that restriction to keep that from occurring. If he says yes, then have someone cast the Complete Divine curse of lycanthropy spell on them. It will give the party whatever kind of lycanthropy you want (such as LG werebear lycanthropy), block the party from catching other strains, and it can be dispelled (just in case).

Silverhawk112
2021-09-02, 12:51 PM
RAW, there's nothing preventing someone from contracting multiple strains of lycanthropy. Ask your DM if he wants to houserule in that restriction to keep that from occurring. If he says yes, then have someone cast the Complete Divine curse of lycanthropy spell on them. It will give the party whatever kind of lycanthropy you want (such as LG werebear lycanthropy), block the party from catching other strains, and it can be dispelled (just in case).

Wait really? I never knew that. I guess my DM and I just assumed they couldn't stack.

Silverhawk112
2021-09-02, 12:53 PM
OK! :smallsmile:
Then, as I already said, TotD or RoDI

Also - if you need something cheaper - Draught, Silver (Dragon #331) gives +2 alchemical bonus on save versus lycanthropy for a hour; costs 75 gp, craft DC 25
Besides that, Wolfsbane is just 5 gp (if you don't collect it yourself), and capable to both cure Lycanthropy (with successful Fort 20 save) and repel Lycanthropes (with touch attack; DC 12 Will save or flee for 1d4 rounds, as if affected by the spell cause fear)

I didn't know that wolfsbane could be used to repel lycanthropes. Could you provide your source for this knowledge? I'm not saying I don't believe you. it's just that my DM wants to know the source of any rule change that anyone talks about.

ShurikVch
2021-09-02, 01:30 PM
I didn't know that wolfsbane could be used to repel lycanthropes. Could you provide your source for this knowledge? I'm not saying I don't believe you. it's just that my DM wants to know the source of any rule change that anyone talks about.
The "Alchemical Charms – Devils, Demons, and Vampires Beware" article (Dragon magazine #331)

Silverhawk112
2021-09-02, 01:31 PM
The "Alchemical Charms – Devils, Demons, and Vampires Beware" article (Dragon magazine #331)

I'll need to find some way to look at that easily. Thank you.

ShurikVch
2021-09-02, 02:05 PM
I'll need to find some way to look at that easily. Thank you.
You can read about Alchemical Charms there (https://www.realmshelps.net/magic/items/alchemycharms.shtml). (It have the part about Wolfsbane)

Silverhawk112
2021-09-02, 02:10 PM
You can read about Alchemical Charms there (https://www.realmshelps.net/magic/items/alchemycharms.shtml). (It have the part about Wolfsbane)

Thank you so much! Now I know to get my will save up if he ever uses that against me. (mainly because I know he frequents this forum)