PDA

View Full Version : Violate metamagic and exalted spells

ciopo
2021-09-05, 07:50 AM
Greetings fellow forumites.

I just had a thought, sparked by the current junkward ingredient, abjurant champion.

As you all probably know, out of threeish spells the abjurant armor class feature applies to, one is the exalted luminous armor, and thus locked to bigGood characters.

but then I remembered there exists a 3.0 metamagic, violate spell, that gives the evil descriptor to one single spell you choose when you select the feat

and so I'm down the rabbit hole of "can I violate luminous armor, making it EVIL and thus castable by evil characters?"

thoughts?

sreservoir
2021-09-05, 08:25 AM
It'd gain the Evil descriptor, but it'd still be restricted to non-evil characters, surely. No reason that should change, right?

Silly Name
2021-09-05, 08:47 AM
Even if you gave the Evil descriptor to a Sanctified spell, the rule prohibiting Evil characters from ever casting a Sanctified spell is still in place.

ciopo
2021-09-05, 10:13 AM
the intent would be to wash away the stink of sanctified, of course.

not RAW, and there would still be the problem that luminous armor target must be good, on top of only being preparable by goods.

I'm wondering how feasible violate would be as a veneer to make the evil equivalent of sanctified spells happen, if it's enough of a fig leaf, so to say

Zanos
2021-09-05, 02:27 PM
Sanctified Magic doesn't require that you are exalted, it just requires that you are not Evil. Luminous Armor targets a Good creature, though. But you could just be a normal Good, non-exalted character, or a Neutral character with the Good subtype, allowing you target yourself. That can be achieved with the Ritual of Alignment in Savage Species, or via polymorph shenanigans if you can acquire outsider typing.