PDA

View Full Version : sneaky goblin character

Doresain
2007-11-16, 12:52 AM
need some help with a decent non-optimized build

a)for simplicity factor, books available are core, the complete series and the eberron books

b)i would like to be able to use posion with as little difficulty as possible

c)please no one level dips of anything...i would prefer vanilla classes with maybe a PrC or two (i dont care how good one level of lion totem barbarian is)

d)im not sure what level we are starting yet, so lets say...level 7

ive been playing a lot of tenchu z lately, so im debating between either rogue, monk or ninja...though im open for anything else

thanks in advance

Nerd-o-rama
2007-11-16, 01:29 AM
Ninja get poison use, I believe, but they can be harder to play than a Rogue, since Sudden Strike < Sneak Attack. I have always liked Shaarat Khesh or whatever they're called Goblin Ninja.

Rogue/Assassin is a nice, simple build. Poison Use, Death Attack, and some nifty spells instead of the Rogue's questionably-useful high level abilities.

Doresain
2007-11-16, 01:34 AM
Rogue/Assassin is a nice, simple build. Poison Use, Death Attack, and some nifty spells instead of the Rogue's questionably-useful high level abilities.

yeah this is what i was leaning more towards...

CatCameBack
2007-11-16, 02:37 AM
If the gobbo in question has the INT to make Assassin work, then Arcane Trickster PrC from the DMG may make for a shiftier character. Using some illusion/alteration spells, he becomes more flexible. also, I personally think shooting Ray O' Frost for 1d3(+3d6 Sneak Attack) is pretty fun. Be sure to take silent casting as a feat though.