PDA

View Full Version : Level up Analysis requested

JeffreyGator
2021-09-08, 01:14 PM
Finally playing in a game going into tier 4.

The character is currently a Divine Soul sorc 5 / Arcana Cleric 1 / Celestial Tomelock 8.

I am wondering about progressing further and then up to 20.

Some initial thoughts on the build was maximizing the amount of at-will and refreshable magic hence the character has 20 cantrips and can convert warlock slots into sorcery points on a short rest. The character uses firebolt and green-flame shillelagh rather than eldritch blast.

The character has the most healing in a party where most characters have some self-healing.

Up to this point I didn't really have to decide final directions for 20.

Some options:
Warlock 14 (Sorc 5 / Cleric 1)
Gets 3 more invocation, 3x 5th slots / SR, 6th and 7th level Arcana, 4th ASI, 3 spells known, a cantrip

Sorc 9 Cleric 2 Lock 9
1 More invocation, 5 spells known + 1 more spell prepped, Channel divinity (built-in pearl of power) 4 more sorcery points and 3 4th, 2 5th & 1 6th slots / day

The extra slots are likely going to be more useful most adventuring days than 3x 5th slots since we don't SR that much.

I am open to other final combinations as well.

Thoughts?

Dork_Forge
2021-09-08, 01:19 PM
On mobile at the moment, but I, strongly suggest bumping Warlock to at least 10. The temp hp is a significant boon and every level grows your Healing Light pool so your healing remains relevant. I'd personally leave everything else as is, and level Warlock to 14, the last celestial ability is a nice capstone.

Hael
2021-09-08, 01:31 PM

Thoughts?

Going higher into warlock seems like the obvious choice here. Those extra slots can fuel font of magic and getting access to two mystic arcanums cannot be overstated. Spells like forcecage are game changers in tier3-4.

Unoriginal
2021-09-08, 01:45 PM

The character is currently a Divine Soul sorc 5 / Arcana Cleric 1 / Celestial Tomelock 8.

I am wondering about progressing further and then up to 20.

Some initial thoughts on the build was maximizing the amount of at-will and refreshable magic hence the character has 20 cantrips and can convert warlock slots into sorcery points on a short rest. The character uses firebolt and green-flame shillelagh rather than eldritch blast.

The character has the most healing in a party where most characters have some self-healing.

Up to this point I didn't really have to decide final directions for 20.

Some options:
Warlock 14 (Sorc 5 / Cleric 1)
Gets 3 more invocation, 3x 5th slots / SR, 6th and 7th level Arcana, 4th ASI, 3 spells known, a cantrip

Sorc 9 Cleric 2 Lock 9
1 More invocation, 5 spells known + 1 more spell prepped, Channel divinity (built-in pearl of power) 4 more sorcery points and 3 4th, 2 5th & 1 6th slots / day

The extra slots are likely going to be more useful most adventuring days than 3x 5th slots since we don't SR that much.

I am open to other final combinations as well.

Thoughts?

What did you take with your ASIs, and what are you current stats?

JeffreyGator
2021-09-08, 03:12 PM
What did you take with your ASIs, and what are you current stats?

S10 D14 C14 I9(19) W14 C18
(headband of intellect it isn' t the most optimal choice but allows me to no have to play the village idiot - which T'n was most levels)

The last ASI is going into CHA obviously. I prefer having feat options longer than pure mechanical advantage.

0 infernal constitution (+1 con > 14) My table lets all characters start with a feat since we like feats.

WL 4 legacy of phlegethos (+1 cha > 17)
S4 spell sniper
AND
WL 8 metamagic

Another question for advocates of WL 14 which 6th and 7th Major Arcana?
mass Suggestion fits the character pretty well
AND ?? for 7 I may have a hand me down Staff to cast Plane Shift once that comes up.

We always have someone else that can Force Cage in the party - and it may get GM rule zeroed now that it has shown up.