PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Dancer is out [Champion of the Spheres]

SangoProduction
2021-09-10, 08:12 PM
Have to say: There's some relatively sloppy writing (and the wiki for some reason over-tagged the book to things that weren't actually changed). But otherwise, it looks pretty nice. The class is definitely not pushing power boundaries. And the selected powers are interesting. But you can see the intentionality behind the decisions made, which is what I appreciate.

But the thing I'm most excited for, after reading a good few of the talents and feats... actually putting out a blood sphere review.
Blood sphere was such a flop that I didn't even think it was worth redoing the review after the forums effectively deleted it. I just gave cliff notes of the only notable talents in the sphere.

I'm definitely not sure it "saves" the sphere (Font of Stolen Life not withstanding), but I like what I've seen so far, and as soon as I finally get a free moment, I'll make an in depth review of it.

Kitsuneymg
2021-09-11, 04:13 AM
I was/am a bit excited for the blood sphere errata too. It seems minor, but making open vein not a bleed talent helps a lot.

SangoProduction
2021-09-11, 06:33 AM
I was/am a bit excited for the blood sphere errata too. It seems minor, but making open vein not a bleed talent helps a lot.

Oh. That's interesting. And now we've got a second Special Attack Action for melee within the spheres themselves (although also applicable to range).