PDA

View Full Version : Freelancer mods?

Charity
2007-11-16, 08:53 AM
Hi guys, well I feel like resurrecting Freelancer.
I haven't played in ages, and I used to love that game. So, I know there are loads of mods for it out there, are there any you guys would recomend, or in fact any that just suck and are worth avoiding.
Oh if anyone has any info on a decent Dungeon seige 1 mod, I'd gladly hear about those as well.

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-11-16, 02:39 PM
The Privateer mods are excellent. Converts the game into Wing Commander/Privateer. There's two mods I tried- one simply replaced all the ships and guns, and you proceeded through the story as normal. The other had more than a hundred completely new systems to explore, and all-new commodities and the like.

Triaxx
2007-11-16, 08:20 PM
I'm still in love with Rebalance 3.40. Nothing has proven better yet. Mainly because I can still go in SP.

Exachix
2007-11-17, 05:09 AM
Freelancer is a awesome game.

If you want to play online, there are loads of mods.

I (help) Administrate Phoenix RPG, but we're having testing issues, so we currently only have a testserver up, and no actual real mod =(

Asgard is a funky mod..
As is Evolvedones...

I did look at some other mods, such as the star wars one, who's name evades me.

Other than that, can't help.

Just wander around on.... Well, I would say Lancer's Reactor, but it seems to have died =(.

Phoenix RPG (http://phoenix-rpg.ca)
Asgard (http://www.gamer-forums.com/forum/)
Edit: *cries* Evolved has turned from the Freelancing path...

Triaxx
2007-11-17, 09:53 AM
What's happened with them?

Exachix
2007-11-17, 05:27 PM
With Who?

I don't know, just seems I can't find Evolvedones' Mod Any more.

Lancer's Reactor may have closed ages ago...

stabbybelkar
2007-11-17, 06:07 PM
I need help for the freeancer mod "blaster universe' which adds starwars ships to the game only I got the game from verizon games on demand. does anyone know how to use the mod to work from that servace?:smallfrown:

Exachix
2007-11-18, 03:10 AM
Find, and use, the Freelancer Mod Manager.

Charity
2007-11-20, 10:18 AM
Cheers guys, I'll check those out Ex, oh Jacob I don't suppose you have a linky there me old china?

I remember there was a BAB 5 mod I tried out, but the ships had docking problems, just too damn big was the problem.

Triaxx
2007-11-20, 01:49 PM
I've noticed that with some ships. The Armored Transport is another one with launch difficulties. Fortunately cutting out docking in Rebalance solved that half.