PDA

View Full Version : What did Haley pick?

brian 333
2021-09-16, 12:07 PM
In 1244 Haley and Serini are grappeling, followed by a talky sequence. And we all know Haley.

So, what has she managed to pick from Serini's pocket?

Three guesses, My Precious.

(I have a future scene in mind:

Haley- Here's your evil dagger, can I have my assassin dagger?

Serini- Here. My Dust of Appearance?

Haley- This one?

Serini- No, that's Ginko Bilboa. Older halflings use it to stay young.
Thanks, and the dust?

Haley- My money pouch. And the fake one I keep a note in for pickpockets.

Serini- My fake money pouch with a note...

Haley- Keep mine.)

Psyren
2021-09-16, 12:51 PM
It would be pretty impressive to pick an epic rogue's invisible pocket, even for Haley. But yeah, if that comes up at all I would expect the gag to be that they picked each other's.

Ionathus
2021-09-16, 01:50 PM
It would be pretty impressive to pick an epic rogue's invisible pocket, even for Haley. But yeah, if that comes up at all I would expect the gag to be that they picked each other's.

Oh my god, that would be absolutely delightful.

brian 333
2021-09-16, 02:12 PM
Guesses?

Maybe Auntie Serini's nippy bottle of optomistic cheerfulness?

KorvinStarmast
2021-09-16, 02:16 PM
Given that we have two very accomplished rogues involved here, the only way to figure out all of the things that each of them swiped from each other would be for them to remove their clothing, have third parties search said clothing, and the two be subjected to a full body cavity search ... and I am pretty sure Rich would never go there.

RatElemental
2021-09-16, 05:03 PM
Given that we have two very accomplished rogues involved here, the only way to figure out all of the things that each of them swiped from each other would be for them to remove their clothing, have third parties search said clothing, and the two be subjected to a full body cavity search ... and I am pretty sure Rich would never go there.

If they managed to hide something they swiped while trading things they stole from each other that just sets up the scene as foreshadowing to when Serini pulls one of Haley's wands out to do something awesome or vice versa.

KorvinStarmast
2021-09-16, 08:55 PM
If they managed to hide something they swiped while trading things they stole from each other that just sets up the scene as foreshadowing to when Serini pulls one of Haley's wands out to do something awesome or vice versa. I'll roll with that. :smallsmile:

Cicciograna
2021-09-17, 07:44 AM
Serini- No, that's Ginko Bilboa. Older halflings use it to stay young.

Ravens too.

JonahFalcon
2021-09-17, 09:27 AM
Serini: "Where are my Velamints?!"

Precure
2021-09-17, 10:06 AM
Remembering her previous accident with Elan, I wonder if her "latent bisexuality" had a chance to grab something for herself.

skim172
2021-09-17, 02:33 PM
Three guesses, My Precious.

The One Ming.

It's rather amazing that Serini was able to carry it on her person in the first place.

aldeayeah
2021-09-17, 06:18 PM
The One Ming.

It's rather amazing that Serini was able to carry it on her person in the first place.

If Frudu managed to take it all the way to Dormor, I reckon she could too.

brian 333
2021-09-17, 11:02 PM
If Serini has Prince Valliant's Singing Sword on her I'd finally find out if she sings Opera, (me,) or 1930s Pop, (Grandfather.)

It's a question I have pondered from time to time.

Rilmani
2021-10-10, 08:39 PM
Serini befriended a dwarf Barbarian named Kraagor. Dwarves enjoy alcohol. Serini maintains a monument to a dwarf Barbarian. I figure Serini occasionally celebrates fending of irresponsible Gate-seekers by drinking something Kraagor enjoyed.

Serini has something that looks like said alcohol, something rare or expensive, on her person. But it isn’t a normal drink. It is something poisoned OR something like a bottled X elemental. In case she is ever captured alive and can use said bottle and ruse about Kraagor for a distraction.

So Haley has a trapped bottle of celebratory “alcohol.”

KorvinStarmast
2021-10-11, 11:15 AM
Serini befriended a dwarf Barbarian named Kraagor. Dwarves enjoy alcohol. Serini maintains a monument to a dwarf Barbarian. I figure Serini occasionally celebrates fending of irresponsible Gate-seekers by drinking something Kraagor enjoyed.

Serini has something that looks like said alcohol, something rare or expensive, on her person. But it isn’t a normal drink. It is something poisoned OR something like a bottled X elemental. In case she is ever captured alive and can use said bottle and ruse about Kraagor for a distraction.

So Haley has a trapped bottle of celebratory “alcohol.” I see we have someone who knows how to think like a rogue. :smallsmile:

Lord Torath
2021-10-11, 01:50 PM
Guesses?

Maybe Auntie Serini's nippy bottle of optomistic cheerfulness?Nah, she lost that years ago! :smallamused:

theNater
2021-10-11, 02:26 PM
A note that says "Not on my watch, ponytail. -S".

brian 333
2021-10-11, 09:31 PM
Blue Star Wizards' Foot Balm, Heavy Callus Formula (to help toughen feet where you need it most.)

Revel-on Hair Spray, Silver Fox color (Going bald? A few sprits a day gives your head a comfortable carpet. Heavier use gives longer locks that you can style or curl.)

Bluto Water (It knocks the crap out of you.)

Precure
2021-10-12, 06:29 AM
Blue Star Wizards' Foot Balm, Heavy Callus Formula (to help toughen feet where you need it most.)

Revel-on Hair Spray, Silver Fox color (Going bald? A few sprits a day gives your head a comfortable carpet. Heavier use gives longer locks that you can style or curl.)

You answered your own post? :smallconfused:

skim172
2021-10-12, 01:55 PM

Point 1 - No true halfling needs to toughen their feet, and it's a deeply personal insult to merely imply to a halfling that such is needed.

Point 2 - Halflings don't use hair products on their head - they use them on their feet, to keep their foot-hair rich, full-bodied, and luxurious.

brian 333
2021-10-12, 03:25 PM
Never said where she used which products!

Metastachydium
2021-10-13, 02:13 PM
Never said where she used which products!

Let me guess: the foot balm was for Sunny.

Mariele
2021-10-13, 05:22 PM
You answered your own post? :smallconfused:
Genius like that can't be held back.

I think the gag of Serini pulling out something important of Haley's, like a wand, and then Haley retaliating by pulling out something important of Serini's, would be pretty funny. That they'd both have pickpocketed something completely useless from one another would be funnier, but they're skilled rogues and tacticians, they'd know what would be important to snatch.

Albion
2021-11-01, 01:41 AM
I'm pretty sure she didn't pick anything. Sure, she's capable, but there's a some kind of limit to her abilities.