PDA

View Full Version : Help me remember this setting

ThriceHonored
2021-09-16, 08:46 PM
Ok so I found this random third party rpg once and can not for the life of me remember the name

-Anime-ish vibe
-half the books like magi-tech
-**** ton of new races like one with 4 elf ears and 4 eyes, some aliens
-Psion class
-Psionics caused by tapping the “crystal lattice”
-I think there was Yokai characters

This is killing me

KorvinStarmast
2021-09-16, 08:51 PM
I'll ask for this to be moved to the general role playing forum, and I hope that an answer will arrive shortly.

Rynjin
2021-09-16, 08:53 PM
Explain "anime-ish vibe". Was it like explicitly an anime trope based RPG (like Big Eyes, Small Mouth, Magical Burst, etc.) or one with like gonzo power levels and techniques that are just kind of wacky and anime reminscnet (eg. Exalted)?

Peelee
2021-09-16, 08:58 PM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Moved to Roleplaying Games.

Yora
2021-09-17, 08:50 AM
Any details on setting or mechanics?

Batcathat
2021-09-17, 08:57 AM
This might be completely off but I tried googling for "four elf ears" and I actually got talk about an RPG as one of the first hits. Could it be something called Fragged Empire?

ThriceHonored
2021-09-17, 08:38 PM
Fragged Empire is a no but I appreciate your attempt. The book seemed well put together and funded but it may be more obscure than I feared.

It was like fantasy with magi-tech thrown in. I remember some races like an Yggdrasil plant person. Actually it’s amazing how little I remember in retrospect. Might be a fruitless endeavor.

There was also some kind of darkling race, a saber tooth cat person type…and a peace keeper/paladin/cop like base class

Batcathat
2021-09-18, 02:18 AM
Ah, it was probably a long shot. Though it's funny that at least two different RPGs have creatures with four elf ears.