PDA

View Full Version : Poison, traps spies, lies, imposters ect

Emperor Demonking
2007-11-16, 01:28 PM
I'm just wondering when the last time people as pcs have used them (other than lies) and if you have any good stories about them.

SoD
2007-11-16, 03:48 PM
The last time I used a trap...last session I was in as a player. There was an assassin coming to meet us, well, not us. He thought it would be other assassins, but we got the note instead. Long story. Rivaling factions.

I assumed it would be an assassin. So I set a trap. We were under a bridge, I was a chitine with maxed out craft (trappmaking). I used my web to make a trap (which my DM told me was worth about 2000gp) using a trip'wire' and a net. And so, I awaited the assassin, covered in a black cloak, the rogue and the barbarian and the bard waited in the shadows, the soldier and the sorcerer waited on top of the bridge. The assassin walks up...with another two assassins behind him. The trap was the right size for a single assassin. He got caught, and the others didn't like that. The sorcerer jumped off teh bridge, landed on an assassin and knocked the pair of them unconcious (he was a warforged). The soldier was then alone atop the bridge. With the other two assassins. Our only spellcaster was down, except the bard who was a depressed NPC who was too scared to come out. And I, the barbarian and the rogue had to stabalise the sorcerer, deal with the remaining assassin. Easy. Until the soldier was disposed of, and the other two assassins came down.

It was fun. We won. Just. Amazingly, the soldier, although unconcious, survived from lucky rolls against death attacks.