PDA

View Full Version : A happy farm in the Forgotten Realms?

Mercurial891
2021-09-18, 08:32 PM
If a band of mages were to create their own version of Demiurge’s Happy Farm, possibly with rings of regeneration and sustenance, all in order to create metamagic and power components and crafting reagents to use and sell, what do you think it might look like? What would be the design and layout, and what creatures might they capture. They will tend to focus on apprehending vicious creatures rather than unicorns and pixies.

Rebel7284
2021-09-19, 12:24 AM
Node Spellcasting + Metanode Spell are good feats for someone who wants to hang out at their base a lot since free metamagic is good.

icefractal
2021-09-19, 03:04 AM
Happy farm? Like, Distilled Joy production?
Artisan Distilled Joy - use mind-reading and illusions to produce perfect experiences.
Industrial Distilled Joy - magic nipple clamps, symbol of pain, done. Probably looks similar to a movie theatre.

Saintheart
2021-09-19, 04:45 AM
If it's in the Forgotten Realms, Runecasters make this very viable with permanent runes autofiring spells that trigger on alignment or similar.

If it's capture rather than kill, then lots of energy spells with Nonlethal Substitution. Forbiddance would probably be the ideal, but it needs to be changed from untyped damage to an energy type, and I can't be bothered to go look for the feat I vaguely remember that does that.

Also, Sanctum Spell a lot I would guess.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-09-19, 09:10 AM
Artisan Distilled Joy - use mind-reading and illusions to produce perfect experiences.
Industrial Distilled Joy - magic nipple clamps, symbol of pain, done. Probably looks similar to a movie theatre.The "Happy Farms" are not happy. Possibly a smidge less so than the Nazis' Concentration Camps were, though with a similar idea, if that tells you anything.

Overlord is not a happy manga/anime.

Mercurial891
2021-09-19, 10:01 AM
Industrial Distilled Joy - magic nipple clamps, symbol of pain, done. Probably looks similar to a movie theatre.

Not quite.

https://www.reddit.com/r/overlord/comments/pmli6l/honest_work/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

redking
2021-09-19, 11:34 AM
Deepspawn are a FR creature, and are probably central to any industrialized exploitation of sentient beings in the FR setting. In fact, there are already a number of these. (http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24074&whichpage=1)

Mercurial891
2021-09-20, 08:27 PM
Deepspawn are a FR creature, and are probably central to any industrialized exploitation of sentient beings in the FR setting. In fact, there are already a number of these. (http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24074&whichpage=1)

Neat! Thanks, this is exactly what I am looking for!

Maat Mons
2021-09-20, 09:26 PM
If you don't mind cheese, Dweomerkeeper (CD web enhancement) can dodge xp costs for spells. Then you just Wish for whatever you want.

If you can get one of whatever creature you want, you can Clone up many, many more. I mean, the Clones will be in a permanent vegetative state, on life support, but that's probably for the best anyway.

I hadn't known of Deepspawn before. That looks very useful. If you Shapechange into one, does the 4d6-day waiting period apply across multiple castings? I guess you could just mind-control a whole bunch of them. Getting a whole bunch of them is probably going to require one regular Deepspawn and one Dungeonbred Deepspawn to start with.