PDA

View Full Version : Ranged attack to hit bonuses

martixy
2021-09-20, 09:56 AM
Hit me with all your attack bonuses that work on ranged attacks.

Things in that thread in my sig
(WF, Kn.Devotion, Spot the weak spot...)
PBS +1
True strike +20
The Missile Volley teamwork benefit +#

...?

(I vaguely remember some action where you could take a full-round to aim better and get some bonus for it, but only do single attack.)

Beni-Kujaku
2021-09-20, 10:52 AM
Whatever you're looking for‚ it's probably there (old formatting‚ though) :

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?144321-3-5-Comprehensive-list-of-way-to-augment-attack-roll

Rebel7284
2021-09-20, 11:18 AM
Note that attack bonuses are very nifty, but keep an eye on the damage bonus. Doesn't help to hit if your damage is minor.

martixy
2021-09-20, 12:02 PM
Whatever you're looking for‚ it's probably there (old formatting‚ though) :

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?144321-3-5-Comprehensive-list-of-way-to-augment-attack-roll

Holy heck, this thread is even less readable than Person_man's. I'll probably end up remaking that one too.

Beni-Kujaku
2021-09-20, 12:52 PM
Holy heck, this thread is even less readable than Person_man's. I'll probably end up remaking that one too.

That would be great‚ thank you very much! I was considering doing it myself‚ but with RL and Iron Chef‚ I'm kind of busy right now

Harrow
2021-09-20, 02:48 PM
How about the Woodland Archer feat from RotW? Any time you miss with a projectile weapon, you get +4 to hit on all remaining attacks against the same foe that turn.

Saintheart
2021-09-23, 08:19 PM
(I vaguely remember some action where you could take a full-round to aim better and get some bonus for it, but only do single attack.)

There's the Targetteer Fighter which has this in that you give up your iterative attacks and expand your critical threat range for the shot/s that remain 1 for 1, but that's more a critfishing thing.

bean illus
2021-09-24, 10:50 PM
What are we looking for? One favorite feat? Or a handbook/list? Just feats, or ... everything?

My recent build used Improved FE-Arcane stacked with Improved FE-Evil. It works pretty well if you're a good guy. Add Solitary Hunting too, for the damage.

Woodland Archer is great. Take that and a splitting enhancement, and you're hitting a lot.

If you have a crit build then Blood in the Water gets +1 to hit and damage per crit. When you get 16 shots per round a lot of crits can land, sometimes 2-3 or more per round.

martixy
2021-09-27, 07:25 PM
Generally everything. I'm looking into some PF-y stuff that benefits from a lot of to hit (Called shots (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/called-shots/), also see my sig). Couple that with any number of crit fishing approaches allows you to impose some pretty nasty conditions on your enemies (which include fun things like constitution bleed damage). But saintheart already covers that angle. Hunter's mercy makes for some especially good abuse. Clustered shots [PF] (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/clustered-shots-combat/) is another good approach potentially throwing you into the most lethal called shots category.

Powerful called shots impose large to-hit penalties and the save DCs scale with to hit, so the bigger your bonus, the scarier the attack.

Improved FE what now?

bean illus
2021-09-27, 11:48 PM
Generally everything. I'm looking into some PF-y stuff that benefits from a lot of to hit ...

Improved FE what now?

Favored enemy - x is a ranger feature. Arcane Hunter and Solitary hunter are Ranger ACFs.

Improved favored enemy is a feat. Stalker of Kharash grants favored enemy evil, which stacks with FE - arcanisist.

Let me know if you want more details, or want build examples.

Thurbane
2021-09-28, 07:14 PM
You can get a favored enemy though feats alone: Foe Hunter (PGtF). It's a regional feat, and has a pretty small list of enemies you can select. You can expand the selection by then taking the Extra Favored Enemy feat.

Pretty feat intensive for a relatively small, situational bonus.