PDA

View Full Version : Melee Spell Sniper

Chalkarts
2021-09-21, 04:18 PM
Spell sniper reads
When you cast a spell that requires you to make an attack roll, the spell's range is doubled.

And

You learn one cantrip that requires an attack roll.

If I take a melee attack cantrip does it give me reach?

Gignere
2021-09-21, 04:23 PM
Spell sniper reads
When you cast a spell that requires you to make an attack roll, the spell's range is doubled.

And

You learn one cantrip that requires an attack roll.

If I take a melee attack cantrip does it give me reach?

It used to but unfortunately they changed it so this combo doesn’t work anymore because all the melee cantrips now say a range of self.

Chalkarts
2021-09-21, 04:28 PM
It used to but unfortunately they changed it so this combo doesn’t work anymore because all the melee cantrips now say a range of self.

oh well, tis a sad.

stoutstien
2021-09-21, 04:29 PM

There are plenty of attack cantrips that are also melee range. Heck thornwhip is melee and has massive range with this feat.

Lunali
2021-09-21, 05:36 PM

Even when it worked it didn't give you reach, it just let you use the cantrip with a reach weapon and actually use that reach. While RAW it no longer works, DMs may be willing to overlook that if you want to use it with a reach weapon.