PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 warlock with eldritch claws question

Railak
2021-09-25, 10:56 PM
The eldritch claws says that it gives you two melee claw attacks that do your eldritch blast damage. My question, how does Haste interact with it?

Zombulian
2021-09-26, 12:01 AM
So I don’t think I’d ever considered this before, but I guess Haste doesn’t work on Natural Attacks under rules as written.

I’d be pretty surprised if you had a DM who enforced the “held” weapon bit though.

Troacctid
2021-09-26, 01:00 AM
It works the same as it would work with any other claw attacks.

Rebel7284
2021-09-27, 01:42 PM
It works the same as it would work with any other claw attacks.

Well technically this is 100% correct, however, it's very unclear how Haste works with any claw attack, if at all....

The solution, of course, it to take Beast Strike and avoid the problem altogether, but I am interested to see if anyone has seen precedent for Haste working or not working with natural weapons.

Darg
2021-09-28, 12:15 AM
Well technically this is 100% correct, however, it's very unclear how Haste works with any claw attack, if at all....

The solution, of course, it to take Beast Strike and avoid the problem altogether, but I am interested to see if anyone has seen precedent for Haste working or not working with natural weapons.

A Kensai can enhance a natural weapon with speed. It's an extra attack. It doesn't cause any problems mechanically. The only rule is that natural weapons don't get iteratives (excluding UAS). Not to mention ToB has maneuvers that add extra attacks. If a held weapon requires that the weapon be something held in hand, then all unarmed attacks and armor spikes couldn't benefit. I don't think it is actually intended to exclude all these weapon types as the haste effect is on the creature, not the weapon.