PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying What's the dragon race that forgets they are a dragon when shapechanged long enough?

Gavinfoxx
2021-09-27, 07:15 PM
I vaguely remember some sort of weird flavor text... somewhere..
probably some FR something, where one of the dragon types that lives in humanoid form forgets theybare a dragon? Does anyone know what I'm thinking of? Thanks!

pabelfly
2021-09-27, 08:26 PM
Is it the Silver Dragon?

Kuulvheysoon
2021-09-27, 08:36 PM
Maybe Song or Steel. That'd be my bet - both of them are very fond of their shorter-lived friends.

Yan Korlat
2021-09-27, 09:42 PM
One of the entries in the most recent Iron Chef was a steel dragon that included this concept, amusingly enough.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25181380&postcount=98

Beni-Kujaku
2021-09-28, 12:18 AM
I vaguely remember some sort of weird flavor text... somewhere..
probably some FR something, where one of the dragon types that lives in humanoid form forgets theybare a dragon? Does anyone know what I'm thinking of? Thanks!

You're probably thinking of the steel dragon. They willfully (even magically) forget they are dragons in order to live the most human life possible (It's called the Vaulting. However‚ they go hunting every few months in dragonform‚ since only human food can't sustain a dragon body) . Then‚ after their human shape should have died‚ they take a few years in their dragon shape to gather their most precious belongings in their hoard‚ then polymorph into another human‚ and start living another human life.

Song dragons are similar but different. They keep their dragon mind‚ but have a sort of Mind Blank effect preventing people from reading their mind‚ except the thoughts they would have as a human. They enjoy tricking humanoids into thinking they're humans‚ but they're not. Typically‚ they do not age their human form‚ and consider themselves superior to most other humanoids. Some sort of d&d Katrana Prestor-like characters.

Tzardok
2021-09-28, 04:05 AM
Except that song dragons are CG, while the Prestors are clearly evil.