PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need help finding a weapon

Carden-Gix'oth
2021-09-29, 11:00 AM
So, with Snicker-Snack making it's return in D&D 5e, it got me thinking of giving it out as a reward in my 3.5e game to my party. Only I can't seem to find it in my books. I'm operating on about 2 hours of sleep (insomnia sucks), so I'm probably just not seeing it. Been searching for the past 2 days, and now I'm forced to outsource the searching.

Does anyone know what book it can be found in, or was Snicker-Snack not put in 3.5e?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks all in advance.

Xervous
2021-09-29, 12:40 PM
3rd party if anything. This is the first I’m hearing of it.

Roger_Druid
2021-09-30, 12:32 PM
Hi all!

It's basically a vorpal sword. See: 2161 Encyclopedia Magica Volume 4, pg. 1380,

Roger Druid

Imbalance
2021-09-30, 01:21 PM
Really just sounds like you're hunting under the wrong name. Isn't 'snicker-snack' the noise the Vorpal blade makes? Anyway, look in your 5e DMG, or here:

https://www.dndbeyond.com/magic-items/vorpal-sword

Carden-Gix'oth
2021-09-30, 02:02 PM
Really just sounds like you're hunting under the wrong name. Isn't 'snicker-snack' the noise the Vorpal blade makes? Anyway, look in your 5e DMG, or here:

https://www.dndbeyond.com/magic-items/vorpal-sword

My man, I'm looking to find a 3e/3.5e version. The 5e materials don't help. That's why I said "reward for my 3.5e party."

EDIT: Also, no. Snicker-Snack is an actual sword in 5e now. In the Wild Beyond the Witchlight book.

Legendary Vorpal +3 Greatsword, Sentient, ignores Slashing Resistance, lets you use CHA to Hit/Damage. Snicker-Snack is Chaotic Good, cannot be Attuned by an Evil Character, and if you miss 3 attacks in a row with him, while attuned, the blade himself will end his attunement to you, and you must, upon finishing a Long Rest, win a competed Charisma check against him to persuade him to give you a second chance. That is the only way to restore attunement.

Also, he constantly urges you to kill evil dragons.

Carden-Gix'oth
2021-09-30, 02:06 PM
Hi all!

It's basically a vorpal sword. See: 2161 Encyclopedia Magica Volume 4, pg. 1380,

Roger Druid

Encyclopedia Magica Volume 4 That sounds like a 2e book. I don't have any of my old 2e books anymore....

dafrca
2021-10-01, 07:14 PM
Legendary Vorpal +3 Greatsword, Sentient, ignores Slashing Resistance, lets you use CHA to Hit/Damage. Snicker-Snack is Chaotic Good, cannot be Attuned by an Evil Character, and if you miss 3 attacks in a row with him, while attuned, the blade himself will end his attunement to you, and you must, upon finishing a Long Rest, win a competed Charisma check against him to persuade him to give you a second chance. That is the only way to restore attunement.

Also, he constantly urges you to kill evil dragons.
Maybe I am missing something but, what else would you need to give it to a 3.5 party?

It seems like you have enough to offer it to them. But like I said, maybe I am missing something here.

Bacon Elemental
2021-10-02, 07:14 AM
Vorpal weapon property. 3.5 doesnt have it as a unique item, it's a magic weapon property equivalent-value to a +5 sword

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Vorpal

ED: There are also standardised rules for intelligent items https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Intelligent_Items

Khedrac
2021-10-02, 11:33 AM
EDIT: Also, no. Snicker-Snack is an actual sword in 5e now. In the Wild Beyond the Witchlight book.

I wish people would research a little before turning fantasy concepts into weapons:

Snickersnee: A large sword-like knife, especially one used as a weapon.

Lewis Caroll was referring to a real weapon (the snickersnee) when he wrote the line "his vorpal blade went snicker snack" inventing just one word (vorpal).

As far as I am concerned a "snicker-snack" sword is just a mis-named snickersnee (unless they made it a unique weapon, it would work as a name for such).

Roger_Druid
2021-10-03, 05:51 AM
Encyclopedia Magica Volume 4 That sounds like a 2e book. I don't have any of my old 2e books anymore....

Hi all!

Well, it's always unwise to sell such jewels! Anyhow, the weapon is taken from 9073 Greyhawk Castle Dungeon Module EX2, The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror, by no one else than the same Gary Gygax! It wants to return to its owner, so it constantly tries to possess its wielder, and it can also Detect Magic, and Locate Object (even invisible ones) without daily limits(!). When trying to control its owner, she has to cry out "Snickersnack! Snickersnack! I'll cut your heads off if you don't take me back!" (taken from Lewis Carroll homonym novel), and avoid it. You can see that it is mostly used by DMs to confound the party rather than being a useful weapon... Have fun!

Roger

P.S. I danced around the forum rules, to give this info, please don't flame me! I still have my Encyclopedia Tomes ...

Mutazoia
2021-10-03, 07:59 PM

Why do you need to find the sword? You're the GM. Make one.