PDA

View Full Version : Bard cantrips without somatic components

Particle_Man
2021-09-30, 03:23 PM
I am thinking of a heavily armoured character with a one level dip in bard. It is not a big deal but of the four known cantrips I can only find three without somatic components: flare, light and (from ghost walk) candlelight (so at least there is a theme). Is there a fourth bard cantrip without somatic components? If not I could take an out of combat one like mending, but I was just wondering what is out there that I might have missed.

Lilapop
2021-09-30, 03:33 PM
Just checked the main spell file in EVD, and it doesn't have anything other than what you already found. It is missing some Dragon Magazine entries though, such as the one with stench... oh look, yell only has V. #302, pages 48ff.

Particle_Man
2021-09-30, 04:09 PM
What does yell do? Distract people briefly? Or is it a less articulate magic mouth?

Maat Mons
2021-09-30, 05:13 PM
I'd definitely take some out-of-combat ones. In particular, Prestidigitation is awesome. And it lasts an hour each time you cast it. So you wouldn't have to suffer through a bunch of spell failure rolls each time you want to prestidigitate. Spend however-many rounds repeatedly trying to cast it until you succeed, then enjoy 600 rounds of being able to clean things just by looking at them.

Particle_Man
2021-09-30, 06:52 PM
Well a first level bard only has 2 spell slots a day for cantrips. I mean there are wands, of course, but I don't need to have it as one of my 4 spells known to use it in a wand.

Particle_Man
2021-09-30, 08:02 PM
Actually, yell could go well with using inspire courage on large crowds of allies.