PDA

View Full Version : Party synergy advice.

Someloser
2021-09-30, 08:41 PM
I'm joining a campaign already in progress at level 6. The party consists a paladin (oath of vengeance), cleric (knowledge domain), fighter (battlemaster), rogue (arcane tricker), sorcerer (draconic Bloodline) and a bard (collage of glamour).

I'm thinking of playing a reborn spores druid, with the idea that it's a corpse that has been taken over by spores that are helpful and trying to fix up the person's body. That being said if anyone has any other class suggestions to help with party balance I'm all ears.

My current plan is to dip a level or two either into monk or war cleric. The dm has allowed bone armour to replace heavy armour and so I think the armour as and weapon profiencies from a level of war cleric might be useful as well as the extra attack tied to wisdom.

I am also looking at monk due to the unarmoured defence as well as the extra attack, this time not limited to wisdom.

Or do I just ignore these options and just fully go for spores druid without any multiclass?

Or do I maybe just go with something else entirely?

Thanks in advance for any advice it is very much appreciated. :)

Christew
2021-09-30, 10:35 PM
I'm joining a campaign already in progress at level 6. The party consists a paladin (oath of vengeance), cleric (knowledge domain), fighter (battlemaster), rogue (arcane tricker), sorcerer (draconic Bloodline) and a bard (collage of glamour).

I'm thinking of playing a reborn spores druid, with the idea that it's a corpse that has been taken over by spores that are helpful and trying to fix up the person's body. That being said if anyone has any other class suggestions to help with party balance I'm all ears.

My current plan is to dip a level or two either into monk or war cleric. The dm has allowed bone armour to replace heavy armour and so I think the armour as and weapon profiencies from a level of war cleric might be useful as well as the extra attack tied to wisdom.

I am also looking at monk due to the unarmoured defence as well as the extra attack, this time not limited to wisdom.

Or do I just ignore these options and just fully go for spores druid without any multiclass?

Cool character idea!

Sounds like the party has the major spheres covered pretty well, so I think you can play pretty much whatever you want without worry (plus druid is a good addition to any party IMHO). That said, spore druid tends to struggle with MCing since it's THP is tied to druid level.

GentlemanVoodoo
2021-09-30, 11:26 PM

The basics of the party is covered so you really have free range. Only thing really missing from the line up is the wilderness expert which the druid covers. Spores can be fun but depends on what you are attempting to do. Sounds like you want to be melee, which is possible, but for spore druids it typically involves taking up the Polearm Master feat. For dip combinations I would ditch the monk as that usually works only with druids who wildshape into animals with high dex/con. Cleric might work better with Death Domain (if your DM allows use of the DMG classes) as you will get a boost to necromancy cantrips and melee attacks. Invest 6 levels and you can overcome Necro resistance.

Though there is the option of a hexblade warlock that can boost your melee capabilities some. You would get access to some of the higher damaging polearms (halberd/glave) without using feats or multiclassing into others that provide martial weapon proficiency and the ability cursing your opposites makes them easier to hit. For two levels, you would be able to pick up the Fiendish Vigor invocation (at will False Life) to resolve THP replenishing for your druid features and one other of your choice.

But without known more of the specifics (allowed races, sources to use, etc.) these are just general musings of options.

da newt
2021-10-01, 05:31 AM
Party seems to have no holes. I'd start all druid and make sure I really needed to MC - with a full caster giving away your top shelf spells by MC-ing often does more harm than good.

Burley
2021-10-01, 08:09 AM
I've been building a Spore Ranger, with two-weapon fighting. Certainly not as much utility as a Druid, but if you're looking for multiple attacks with bonus riders on them (extra damage, forced movement or self-movement) that's another option that's thematically identical.

(I took the Fighting Initiate feat to get Blindfighting, too. Dive into a Fog Cloud of spores and hack 'em up.)