PDA

View Full Version : Gaming tablets

SpacemonkeyDM
2021-10-02, 01:01 PM
Last year I foolishly sold off my pathfinder collection. Know I am interested in going again and I don’t want to break the bank rebuying the collection.
So I am looking at advice for running PDFs on tablets and what brand of tablets people have had good luck with.

Melayl
2021-10-02, 02:33 PM
I've been having good luck with my Galaxy Tab S5e. I use it for Pathfunder and 3.5e pdfs all the time. I have a Adobe, the Kindle app, and Chrome all running simultaneously without issues.

farothel
2021-10-03, 05:23 AM
As far as I know all tablets can read PDF documents. I have a very old IPad (10+ years old) and I have some roleplay books on there and it works without any problem.

KillianHawkeye
2021-10-03, 09:45 AM
Also, there's always d20pfsrd.com which has pretty much all the Pathfinder rules content on it.

Psyren
2021-10-04, 09:24 AM
The biggest issue with tablets is that they are not officially supported by the major VTT clients (roll20, Foundry etc.) You can run the desktop version of a browser to fool them on certain models if that's your bag.

If all you want it for is to read pdfs, feel free to disregard.

farothel
2021-10-05, 12:41 PM
The biggest issue with tablets is that they are not officially supported by the major VTT clients (roll20, Foundry etc.) You can run the desktop version of a browser to fool them on certain models if that's your bag.

If all you want it for is to read pdfs, feel free to disregard.

I wouldn't try to run an VTT client on my old iPad. Even my 5 year old laptop struggles with some of those (mostly the video card that's running at max as I didn't had the latest one when I bought the laptop), so there indeed I would check very carefully what the system requirements are.