PDA

View Full Version : 1 Shot in feywild. Looking for character ideas that fit the setting level unknown

Nosta
2021-10-02, 04:15 PM
So my friends wife wants to try Gming for the first time so she's getting her feet wet by doing a one shot from the feywild book.

My question is what is a good character idea that fits the theme but won't be Uber broken but still have some kick to it.
Bonus if flavorful too

Unoriginal
2021-10-02, 04:48 PM
So my friends wife wants to try Gming for the first time so she's getting her feet wet by doing a one shot from the feywild book.

My question is what is a good character idea that fits the theme but won't be Uber broken but still have some kick to it.
Bonus if flavorful too

Is there any class or species you'd like to try?

RogueJK
2021-10-02, 04:50 PM
Fairy Swarmkeeper Ranger, with a swarm of Pixies.

Nosta
2021-10-02, 05:22 PM
Is there any class or species you'd like to try?

Maybe Druid not sure race

Brookshw
2021-10-02, 05:46 PM
Might make it easier for the first time DM if your a warlock with a fey patron, give her an easy opportunity to get the party (or, at least, you) involved. If interested, might be worth tossing the idea by her.

Foolwise
2021-10-02, 08:02 PM

Circle of Dreams is the Fey-inspired subclass for Druids. It gives you decent utility for your party with BA heals, low chance you get ambushed during a rest, and teleports at later levels. However for a one-shot, it might only be good to take if it is being played at a high level for those teleports.

Elf is the default race for anything fey, but you might consider going variant human and taking the Fey Touched half feat from Tasha's. Gives you Misty Step plus a 1st level Div/Enchant spell. There are a lot of good options not open to druids.

nickl_2000
2021-10-02, 08:02 PM

I wouldn't go a summoner druid on a first time GM, that is just cruel. Personally I would do wildfire, but that is simply because I want to try one.

Nidgit
2021-10-03, 01:02 AM
What level are we talking?

Sorinth
2021-10-03, 05:00 AM
For a one shot it might make sense to have a character who is not native and is just trying to go home.

A mountain dwarf swarmkeeper with a swarm of pixies that just won't leave the poor dwarf alone even though they promised to help them get home could be amusing.

Bobthewizard
2021-10-03, 06:05 AM
A tabaxi swashbuckler with a Spanish accent

A herengon clockwork soul sorcerer who's always late

A beautiful, dare we say charming, prince of a paladin with a low intelligence

A princess shepherd druid (although I agree not to do this to a new DM)

An ogre (goliath/half-orc/orc) champion fighter that just wants to be left alone in his swamp

a 4' tall warforged with a terrible deception skill that just wants to be a real boy