PDA

View Full Version : DM Help I had an idea just now for tying two players' backstories together.

MonkeySage
2021-10-03, 01:53 PM
In my party, I have a dwarven cleric of Moradin, lawful good, and a half-drow wilder, chaotic neutral. The wilder fled her home, having faced for much of her life a great deal of hardship for her mixed heritage. Her own mother was abusive towards her. Her mother was likewise subject to discrimination because of the fact her daughter was half-human.

My idea was that in the wilder's absence, her mother has managed to fight her way to a leadership role in their society- becoming a priestess. To further her own ambitions, the priestess has decided to subjugate a nearby clan of gold dwarves (Cleric's clan). For the first time ever, the priestess wants to lend an olive branch to her daughter, with offers to elevate her daughter's status if she acts on her behalf on the surface.

I'm not yet clear on the details, but I imagine this could go a few different ways, depending on how much the friendship between the cleric and the wilder develops. The cleric is loyal to his clan, naturally.