PDA

View Full Version : Raistlin as a Super Saiyan.

ArlEammon
2007-11-16, 09:03 PM
In Dragon Lance, magic is a tool that grows in power the stronger a magician is.

So what if Raistlin was a Super Saiyan?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-11-16, 09:16 PM
The way you structured your question makes no damn sense, Armin. I mean, what does your statement have to do with your hypothetical? There's no connection. All this is is a bait for the overused "over 9000!" meme, which is frankly a little old.

And the answer is it wouldn't be possible, because Super Saiyan - being a concept from a martial arts series - requires peak physical training, which Raistlin severely lacks. Also: not Saiyan in the first place.

ArlEammon
2007-11-16, 09:22 PM
Well, if Raistlin were as powerful as Superman physically, and spells drain physical power, what could Raistlin do?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-11-16, 09:35 PM
About...what...he could do already, being a super-special-awesome mage? I'm sorry, I just don't see where you're going with this.

ArlEammon
2007-11-16, 09:53 PM
Raistlin already wanted to be a god. So what exactly could he do to the gods with his power.

Prophaniti
2007-11-16, 10:39 PM
Um... Raistlin actually already became a god (only not) in the Twins trilogy...

You want to know what he did with all that power? He cast out all the other gods, then got bored of existence and tried to end it. Only Caremon's and Tasslehoff's quick actions with Fizban's time-traveling toy saved the universe.
Great trilogy by the way. Probably my favorite in the whole Dragonlance series.

Ossian
2007-11-17, 03:42 PM
Raistlin already wanted to be a god. So what exactly could he do to the gods with his power.

Golden rule of the Sayans: there's always someone who'se more sayan than you. If the Dragonlance saga was to be translated in the Dragonball/DbZ/GT/Gaiden power scale, Raistlin would beat mankind to a pulp, then beat the gods to a pulp, be God for 2 episodes, then a new godder god would show up, and he would not just be a bit godder, but 120 times godder, and mop the heavens with the nigh-invincible Raistlin. then R. would go on a quest and come back badass and not just barely enough to defeat the godder god, but 120 times stronger than him (thus becoming 1440 times stronger than he was at the start). He would humilate the godder god parrying his planet-pulverizing attacks with his pinkies, and then meteor storm him for a badzillion HP no save. Stay 1440 for three apisode, then a guy who is 120(cube) would show up.

You could beat this dead horse until your stick broke, or until the very very very Last episode of the whole Dragonball Saga AND Dragonlance Sagas EVER. Want to guess the title?

The arrival of Chuck Norris!

Kudos if you guessed it....
O.

Aquillion
2007-11-17, 10:54 PM
I think he would not just be a Super-Saiyan wizard god, but a Cyborg Super-Saiyan wizard god. A Psudonatural Paragon Vampire Cyborg Super-Saiyan Divine Minion Kobold wizard god from beneath the hollow earth.

JadedDM
2007-11-18, 01:28 AM
If sayians existed in Dragonlance, then likely Krynn would be destroyed.

(I mean again...)

Ossian
2007-11-18, 05:15 PM
If sayians existed in Dragonlance, then likely Krynn would be destroyed.

(I mean again...)

Who says it was NOT a Sayan the first time? You know, the cataclysm, the mountain of fire, the death and destruction...That was a poorly aimed Genki Tama to me :smallwink: The the clerics made up all the Lord Soth context and so on...

Raistlin1040
2007-11-18, 05:22 PM
I think I'd be more powerful than Goku :smallwink:

Seriously, he'd probably start off fairly weak and frail, and then ascend up. I envision him like Vegeta, but with Goku's power level.

Fascisticide
2007-11-19, 11:37 AM
So what if Raistlin was a Super Saiyan?

HERESY!
You should be burned to the stake for having such thoughts, let alone spreading it.