PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions about the Warblade

Brawls
2007-11-17, 12:53 AM
Loaned my ToB out and now have a question that I can't look up. Can someone list the feats and special abilities aquired for levels 1 - 3.

Also, I'm looking at choosing manuevers for a multi-class Fighter 6/Warblade 1. If I remember correctly, he will start as a 4th level adept and have access to 2nd level manuevers. I can't recall how many manuevers known/ready a warblade gets at level 4.

Thanks for the help.

Brawls

tyckspoon
2007-11-17, 01:20 AM
I don't know the other questions off hand, but I can correct a misconception. Your Initiator Level will be 4, yes, but that's not the same thing as 4 levels in a class that advances.. uh, initiating. You have the maneuvers known/readied of a 1st level Warblade. Your IL of 4 just allows you to pick ones with higher prerequisites.

Brawls
2007-11-17, 01:24 AM
I don't know the other questions off hand, but I can correct a misconception. Your Initiator Level will be 4, yes, but that's not the same thing as 4 levels in a class that advances.. uh, initiating. You have the maneuvers known/readied of a 1st level Warblade. Your IL of 4 just allows you to pick ones with higher prerequisites.
Good catch. Thanks.

Nebo_
2007-11-17, 02:23 AM
As a level one warblade, you can only pick maneuvers of 1st level, no matter what your IL is.

Draz74
2007-11-17, 02:34 AM
You can find the info you need about the Warblade here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2).

Dhavaer
2007-11-17, 02:44 AM
As a level one warblade, you can only pick maneuvers of 1st level, no matter what your IL is.

No, you can only pick stances of 1st level. You can have as high level maneuvers as you have the Initiator Level for.

SadisticFishing
2007-11-17, 02:45 AM

What? Where does it say that?

Temp
2007-11-17, 02:50 AM
What? Where does it say that?Page 39.

[edit:] You explicitly have to take a first level stance at first level because it's an exception to the rule.

Dhavaer
2007-11-17, 02:57 AM
Page 39.

Where on page 39?

Temp
2007-11-17, 03:12 AM
Where on page 39?
It's hard to place an absence of a rule, but here's my go at it:

Page 39 defines the level limits for a Martial Adept's maneuvers. Of particular interest are the "Multiclass Character" section and the "Selecting Maneuvers" table. These is the only specification of what is available to a 1st level Warblade.

The "Stances Known" section on pg. 22 states a Warblade must take a 1st level maneuver at level 1. The "Maneuvers" section on page 21 does not adress the issue, so pg. 39 is the only source of information for the Maneuvers' levels.

Pg. 39 says nothing about a first-level restriction.

Dhavaer
2007-11-17, 03:15 AM
It's hard to place an absence of a rule, but here's my go at it:

Page 39 defines the level limits for a Martial Adept's maneuvers. Of particular interest are the "Multiclass Character" section and the "Selecting Maneuvers" table. These is the only specification of what is available to a 1st level Warblade.

The "Stances Known" section on pg. 22 states a Warblade must take a 1st level maneuver at level 1. The "Maneuvers" section on page 21 does not adress the issue, so pg. 39 is the only source of information for the Maneuvers' levels.

Pg. 39 says nothing about a first-level restriction.

So are you saying the Warblade can take greater than 1st level maneuvers, or that it can't?

Temp
2007-11-17, 03:20 AM
>1st level maneuvers at Warblade 1 are fine because they follow the rules and are not explicitly disallowed.

tyckspoon
2007-11-17, 03:24 AM
Assuming the web article linked upthread is identical to the book version:

Stances Known: You begin play with knowledge of one 1st-level stance...

You explicitly must take a 1st level stance as your first stance. The 'Maneuvers' section has no such language; you can take any maneuver you meet the prerequisite for.

Brawls
2007-11-17, 10:35 AM
And here I thought it would be a simple answer.:smallbiggrin:

Brawls

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-11-17, 10:54 AM
I am having the same issue with a Warblade5/Bloodclaw Master 5/ Dervish 10 (not explicitly in that order). Hopefully ye all have the book or the PDF version to know what I am referring to!

1: He has a Martial Adept Level of 10.
2: He has an Initiator level of 15

1: Per the mulitclass text on p39, this means he knows the Maneuvers and Stances of a 10th level Warblade (which is maxed at 5th maneuver level). Which is not entirely correct because he has levels in Bloodclaw Master, which itself gives 3 more maneuvers known and 1 maneuver readied.

2: Per the table 3-1 on p39, this means that he can have a maneuver known of a 15th level initiator, which is 8th level maneuvers, and some of the text on the same page, in regard to the text below the Multiclass text. It appears to me that the book contradicts itself (like that has never happened in 3.5). There also appears that there is no errata or rules enhancement for this book.