PDA

View Full Version : New Critical Role adventure book announced

jaappleton
2021-10-12, 10:56 AM
https://dnd.wizards.com/products/call-netherdeep

This is separate from the other Critical Role book I know they're working on.

Ralanr
2021-10-12, 11:18 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first module I've seen for 5e (published by WOTC anyway) that starts at level 3. I know a lot of tables start at level three for the purposes of subclasses and what not.

Shame it only goes to 12.

Warder
2021-10-12, 11:22 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first module I've seen for 5e (published by WOTC anyway) that starts at level 3. I know a lot of tables start at level three for the purposes of subclasses and what not.

Curse of Strahd started at 3, right? With Death House as an optional bit in case you wanted to run 1-3 as well.

Ralanr
2021-10-12, 11:23 AM
Curse of Strahd started at 3, right? With Death House as an optional bit in case you wanted to run 1-3 as well.

I always assumed Death House was part of it, but I only got into Strahd at level 7.

Luccan
2021-10-12, 11:33 AM

There should be more high level content for 5e, no argument there. But I wish they were publishing more short form modules than epic quests that will span most of the levels people actually play

Edit: I think, combined with where the 3rd campaign will be set, this pretty much confirms the new book jaapleton posted about will be about Marquet

Arcturus
2021-10-12, 11:35 AM
Interesting that it is set in the same location that their new campaign will be in. I know they did this for the Wildmount Guide after Campaign 2 had been running for a few years, but having an adventure that is simultaneous and parallel to the live show is... interesting.

Sillybird99
2021-10-12, 11:37 AM
There should be more high level content for 5e, no argument there. But I wish they were publishing more short form modules than epic quests that will span most of the levels people actually play

But they have the DMs Guild to handle that without having to pay for labor or distribution, with a fixed 50% profit.

Ralanr
2021-10-12, 11:38 AM
Interesting that it is set in the same location that their new campaign will be in. I know they did this for the Wildmount Guide after Campaign 2 had been running for a few years, but having an adventure that is simultaneous and parallel to the live show is... interesting.

My first thought was that they might be doing the adventure instead. But that seems like a great way to have fans get spoiled.

Luccan
2021-10-12, 11:43 AM
My first thought was that they might be doing the adventure instead. But that seems like a great way to have fans get spoiled.

The Wildemount book had several mysteries that popped up in the series but went unsolved and Matt refused to answer in the campaign wrap-up because the point was for DM's to decide the truth behind those mysteries themselves. So with that in mind, I'm going to confidently say they will not be playing the adventure. But I'd be surprised if they didn't touch on some of the concepts in it