PDA

View Full Version : Craziest thing my wizard ever did

Aaedimus
2021-10-12, 04:15 PM
We were preparing for war... The Dragonborn of Laracond against an army of half-dragons led by a black Dracolitch named Malathar. We knew Manshoon (or at least, one of his clones) was pulling strings in the background, scrying on our every move as we rushed from fort to fortress, back and forth Laracond gathering forces and preparing for the final assault on Malathar's huge tower and city (picture Minas Tirith).

With a month to go, my wizard began preparation... every day, the same thing... he put up Mordenkainen's Private Sanctum, summoned an air elemental, then used planar binding on it... One binding a day at a month out, then twice a day when we knew we were a week out from the final confrontation with Malathar, and most likely Manshoon. Every air elemental was told to hide in my bag of holding, and hold their action to dash in a random direction once I dumped it out...

In the final assault, armies clashed, as the tower threw out beams of death, swathing through the assaulting army like the alien beams from the War of the Worlds... But we flew in on Pegasi, every member of the group granted a greater steed by our Paladin from a ring of spell storing...

I was ready to dump the bag against Malathar.... but somehow, we didn't need it. We were able to shut down the death beam and Malathar's defenses then kill him ourselves....|

And it was on to Manshoon, who had used my mother to create a portal large enough for an entire army and navy to travel through from the docks of Laracond to just outside of Waterdeep. He had killed the Blackstaff while we were fighting in Laracond, and overwhelmed the staff its self to gain control of the city's statues. His army was ravaging through Waterdeep.

As we finally faced him in his tower, he greeted us with glee, pomp, and arrogance.... After all, he'd already won.

I dumped my bag of air elementals.

A torrent of 34 elementals rushed out of the bag and spread out through the room. His laugh turned into terror. The party sorceress and I counter spelled his attempt to teleport away and flee.

Some of Manshoon's last words were: "Damn you, you crazy, obsessive little gnome!"