PDA

View Full Version : INT Warlock Archytpe/Patron

Flasaro
2021-10-15, 01:19 AM
The following is a Patron I homebrewed. Tell me if you think it's too strong or too weak. I know it's diverse, maybe too much, but I want to make a Warlock is obsessed with learning as much as possible. There is also one homebrew Invocation at the end. I also debated adding the fluff ability of extending life span, so one warlock can learn more in one lifetime. anyways with out further delay:

The Great Scholar

The Great Scholar focuses on gathering knowledge and usually trades knowledge that its servants gather in exchange for knowledge it has already hoarded. The rarer, and thus more secret, the knowledge is the better.

1st Level Feature- Tome of The Great Archive

Upon taking this feature you can elect to use Intelligence as your spellcasting stat for Warlock. If you do choose to use intelligence as your spellcasting stat, you also lose Proficiency in Charisma saving throws and gain Proficiency in Intelligence saving throws. Either way you also gain one Cantrip of your choice from any spell list and treat it as a warlock spell. This cantrip does not count against your total number of cantrips known as a Warlock.

You also gain either Arcana or History as a skill, in addition to the skills you gain as a warlock. (I also debated learning the Guidance Cantrip for free instead)

6th Level Feature- Lesser Arcanum

You choose one spell of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level which are useable once per day each, from any classes’ spell list, and they count as warlock spells for you. Additionally, you can cast these spells as rituals if they have the ritual tag. (not sure if this is too much for this level or not, I'm sure there's a way to get some forbidden exodia combo of spells this way.

10th Level Feature- Improved Arcanum

You choose one spell of 4th and 5th level which are useable once per day each, from any classes’ spell list, and they count as warlock spells for you. Additionally, you can cast these spells as rituals if they have the ritual tag. You can also now change one spell from either the Lesser or Improved Arcanum feature each time you level up, including when you gain this feature.

14th Level Feature- Perfected Arcanum

You gain one spell, which can be up to one level lower than the highest-level spell slot accessible to your mystic arcanum feature, from any classes’ spell list. You may also upcast your warlock spells by expending a use of your mystic arcanum instead of using a spell slot, making the spell the level of the arcanum slot you sacrificed. This extends to your mystic arcanum’s as well, for example you can use an 8th level mystic arcanum spell slot to cast your 6th level mythic arcanum spell. ( I know this feature is probably pushing it)

Spell List

1st Level- Identify, Find Familiar

2nd Level- Animal Messenger, Augury

3rd Level- Speak with the dead, Intellect Fortress (This is a maybe)

4th Level- Divination, Summon Construct (This is also a maybe)

5th Level- Legend Lore, Commune

Invocation

Deep Knowledge- Gain Nature and Religion as skills. (similar to Beguiling influence I suppose, not particularly imaginative, but I though it fit the potential character.)