PDA

View Full Version : Question on Dungeon of the Mad Mage

Moonrabbit
2021-10-20, 11:47 AM
I just started playing a druid in the dungeon of the mad mage adventure. Can anyone confirm if there are any interesting beasts or plants in the dungeon? I am not looking for specifics (to avoid spoilers) but would like to know if there are things other than rats and lichen for which there would be value in casting spells like animal friendship, speak with animals, and awaken.

ProsecutorGodot
2021-10-20, 12:15 PM
Short answer: Not really, although there will be something down there a Druid might enjoy.

SociopathFriend
2021-10-20, 01:19 PM
Short answer: Not really, although there will be something down there a Druid might enjoy.

Can confirm. I dunno how much the book inherently lets you DO with it but there's something there for Druids.

Moonrabbit
2021-10-20, 03:02 PM
Thanks both. Is it after level 10? That is the level we are currently on.

ChaosStar
2021-10-20, 03:10 PM
Thanks both. Is it after level 10? That is the level we are currently on.

Haven't played it myself, but watching a group play it. Level 5 I think.

Unoriginal
2021-10-20, 03:38 PM
There are some plants and mushrooms with fun properties, to be fair.

Evaar
2021-10-20, 05:18 PM
We encountered plenty of beasts, especially around the middle levels. We even used some of them as mounts for a while.

Moonrabbit
2021-10-21, 04:46 AM
I joined a campaign midstream. Is it possible to return to earlier dungeon levels (assuming the item others are referring to was on an earlier level)?

Unoriginal
2021-10-21, 06:26 AM
I joined a campaign midstream. Is it possible to return to earlier dungeon levels (assuming the item others are referring to was on an earlier level)?

Sure. It's even required, in some cases.

Where are you, right now?

Moonrabbit
2021-10-21, 07:18 AM
We just defeated the scorpion guy, Muriel. Level 10 I think. From what I saw in Google searches on druids and this dungeon, I suspect everyone is referring to Wyllowwood, which is level 8.

Evaar
2021-10-21, 02:58 PM
It's hard to recall exactly, but I believe the animals we used as mounts were on levels below Muiral.

I didn't play through Wyllowwood; I joined the campaign after they had already done that.

ChaosStar
2021-10-21, 04:10 PM
We just defeated the scorpion guy, Muriel. Level 10 I think. From what I saw in Google searches on druids and this dungeon, I suspect everyone is referring to Wyllowwood, which is level 8.

Really? The campaign I'm watching has it before Level 6, which is where they currently are. Link to playlist for campaign if anyone's interested. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNYUfFh9frDGjp-BEnbPYdJw1XWvfPZk0

Moonrabbit
2021-10-21, 04:26 PM
Really? The campaign I'm watching has it before Level 6, which is where they currently are. Link to playlist for campaign if anyone's interested. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNYUfFh9frDGjp-BEnbPYdJw1XWvfPZk0

Will need to pull table I saw, but either way it's below the level I'm currently on.

ProsecutorGodot
2021-10-21, 04:51 PM
Will need to pull table I saw, but either way it's below the level I'm currently on.

I think you're both talking about different "levels" as the floors of Undermountain are also called levels. I think you might be remembering character levels, 8th level is the recommended level that players will be at Wyllowwood.