PDA

View Full Version : Gitp fps online gaming group

Crispy Dave
2007-11-17, 02:05 PM
ok this is a group for all the wonder full fps games out there and im hoping that we will be able to play a deffrent game for each time we meet

rules:
1:play fair no hacks or cheats
2:we will mostly play PC games but are open to other consols(no consol wars please)
3:no complaining about uneven teams in game because we will switch teams often
4:if at all possible try to put a Gitp clan tag on your name
5:I will change rules ofter and i will post a message saying that they have been changed

Zakama
2007-11-17, 02:12 PM
I could be interested.

RandomLogic
2007-11-17, 02:14 PM
I'd throw down, but PC only.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-17, 02:16 PM
Im gonna edit in oem rules

Hermit
2007-11-17, 02:59 PM
I'm a huge FPS fan so I'd be up for it. Mostly PC, but I've got Resistance on the PS3 if anyone else happens to have one and fancies some online gaming on it as well.

A few suggestions for games:
1. TF2, naturally
2. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
3. HL2: DM could be fun
4. Haven't given it a go yet but I hear Call of Duty 4 is good online.
5. UT2K4, or possibly UT3 when it comes out.
6. If it's possible I'd love to get a Tribes: Vengance game going too. Been so long since I last played that online...
7. FEAR Combat is fun too. And free, which is always a bonus.

PePe QuiCoSE
2007-11-17, 03:01 PM
i'd join, but the lag with make it impossible for me to play

Crispy Dave
2007-11-17, 03:27 PM
i dont have orange box yet but heres a list of pc games i have

Battlefield 2142
half life 2 deathmatch
ut1k4(not sure if it willl work online cus its a disk image)
halo 1
star wars republic comander(same as ut2k7)
and i can dowload fear combat

edit: heres 360 games
halo 3(duh)
soon to be call of duty 4(my computer isent beeffy enough to play it ....well it might be so i dont know)

and for halo 1 i dont have ce but if somone posted a like i could get it

Scroofy
2007-11-17, 03:31 PM
I would be in for the Team fortess 2 group, I stopped playing 2142 because it got boring hehe and vengeance....well lets just say Tribes 2 is way better than that game ever was.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-17, 03:34 PM
ok so we seem to be gaining members very fast so we need to decide a leader....................why is evryone looking at mme like that?

Bryn
2007-11-18, 06:24 AM
I would be in for the Team fortess 2 group, I stopped playing 2142 because it got boring hehe and vengeance....well lets just say Tribes 2 is way better than that game ever was.

Have you looked at the Orange Box thread? That's where the GitP Steam group is based, and we play TF2 fairly frequently. We always value more players :smallwink:

As for this thing, I probably wouldn't have the games (my online FPSs are mainly limited to TF2, Counter Strike, the Half-Life series, and numerous fairly old games that nobody really plays any more). Even if I did, I wouldn't have the time. Interesting idea, though.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-18, 03:11 PM
and as for me were having home network difficulties and my computer isent able to run games so sorry to you people but i might not be able to play very soon

Hermit
2007-11-18, 07:20 PM

Yeah, but I lent my Tribes 2 disc to a mate many years back and he lost it :p

on the subject of online shooters I beat the CoD4 campaign today and tried some multiplayer. Good fun, but so rediculously hard. Not too sure about the BF style level up feature though. Essentially it means you start out with worse equipment as well as lacking the skills of the people who've played it a lot more. Domination mode's my mode of choice at the moment, although team deathmatches are cool too. Not such a big fan of the CS style bomb planting round though, as it uses a "one death and you're out" rule which always aggrivates me.

Murongo
2007-11-18, 09:47 PM
Psh the CS system is superior to all other carebear "it's okay that you died, we'll bring you back! Have this cookie while you wait!" granted games like TF2 would suck with a CS system.

But yeah I'll throw down in some CS (source or otherwise), ETQW, HL2 DM, TF2, Crysis, FEAR, just say the word.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-18, 10:15 PM
ok sounds good to me i can only play on weekends so its up to you guys to propse a game and a time to play