PDA

View Full Version : Changeling telepath/begiler dip feat help...

morkendi
2021-10-21, 05:29 AM
So I did 1 lvl dip in begiler for skills and trap finding. Now begiler 1 psion 7 with shadow template(paid off LA). Trying to nail down next feat. Other than darkstaker and able learner, all my feats so far have been expand knowledge to grab things like astral construct and such. I am not the damage dealer or melee. My main roles are scout, skill monkey, and face. I plan to stay psion and not prestige class out. Skin of the construct is generally considered a bad feat, but getting access to fly, swing, energy resist and such do not seem like a bad option in this case. Just asking for opinions and other ideas.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-10-21, 10:01 AM
Why waste feats on Expanded Knowledge? Can you not hire a psion for spellcasting services? Psychic chirurgery is a fantastic way to get powers known for super-cheap.

Also, how about Leadership (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=23801600&postcount=393) for something similar, only for lots of powers?

[edit] Ancestral Relic could be great, too, depending on what you get with it. And if whatever that item is could be argued to be a keep (or can be turned into one, such as with metamorphosis), Landlord from the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook could give you a major amount of money to invest in it.

morkendi
2021-10-21, 10:53 AM
Psionics are a rare thing in his world, finding other psions are super rare. Also, expand knowledge lets me pull powers from other disciplines like astral construct and such. Telepaths mostly target will saves, so need to pull a few things in to be able to target other saves and such

Leadership is only allowed in pre-approved instance that fits the story. Best examples are priest getting followers, rouge starting thieves guild, etc. No cheese like getting an artificer to pump out magic items for the party.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-10-21, 11:45 AM
Okay, so you're very limited on your ability to get new powers normally.

How about the Linked Power feat, so you can bend the action economy over your knee? At the very least, you can take psychic reformation as a power known and use Linked Power to swap out powers and feats on the fly. Get a psicrystal and share both metamorphosis and psychic reformation with it so you can utilize its feats, as well. Take the feat leech power for extra oomph. Also item creation feats, so you can make items to manifest powers you don't have.

Also, lots of metapsionic feats and Psicrystal Containment for an extra psionic focus. Really good to have.