PDA

View Full Version : Alternate uses for Rage

ChudoJogurt
2021-10-22, 04:19 PM
There are various feats or ACFs that let bards spend their Bardic Music on other things - spells, Metamagic or, for some reason controlling winds.

Are there any Barbarian feats or class features that allow spending Rage for something not related to smashing things?

Im not talking about other forms of rage, like Ferosity or Resilient Rage, but some completely different use for rage/day attempts.
If there aren't, what could they be?

ShurikVch
2021-10-22, 04:45 PM
There are two:
Channeled Rage - [racial] feat from Races of Destiny: add Str bonus to your Will saving throw (as an immediate action)
Raging Vigor - 7th-level CF of Fangshields Barbarian (Champions of Valor): heal (your HD x 2) hp as a standard action

Thurbane
2021-10-22, 05:43 PM
I'm genuinely surprised by this. I also had a look, and couldn't find anything else.

Compared to other daily resources that can be expended to power things (turn undead, bardic music, smite, stunning fist, spell slots etc.), rage is extremely limited.

Rijan_Sai
2021-10-22, 06:03 PM
I'm genuinely surprised by this. I also had a look, and couldn't find anything else.

Compared to other daily resources that can be expended to power things (turn undead, bardic music, smite, stunning fist, spell slots etc.), rage is extremely limited.

It's not too surprising, really... can't let melee have nice things, after all! :smallbiggrin::smallsigh:

Although, that Channeled Rage looks really nice for someone attempting to play a Frenzied Berserker!

ShurikVch
2021-10-22, 06:10 PM
There is also Demonhair Shirt in Dragon #356, but OP request for no "other forms of rage" may be extended to Demonic Fury (which costs 2 daily uses of Rage, and actually stack with Rage or/and Frenzy)

danielxcutter
2021-10-25, 09:20 AM
Isn’t Rage in somewhat short supply?

ChudoJogurt
2021-10-25, 05:30 PM
Somewhat.
But if you're willing to spend feats, you can have two rages per feat, so Human Barbarian 6 could have 10 rages/day if they really wanted to.