PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick dream?!

The Vanishing Hitchhiker
2007-11-17, 04:05 PM
:smallsigh: Yeah, that's right. I dreamt about it. Although to be fair, it was one of those dreams where you think you're awake and going around doing stuff you do when you're awake - which apparently includes checking for a new Order of the Stick.

Anyway, from what I remember, they were still on the ship, and Elan tells some epic poem/tale that takes a page or two. Then there's a scene change to Vaarsuvius's mate (!) wondering about the fate of their love. They had long straight lavender hair (not as much volume as V's hair, but a bit longer), a blue diamond-shaped gem on their forehead (possibly attached to some sort of circlet), and was dressed in a white robe with an ornately patterned blue vest over it. They was also a bit thinner than V, which puts to paid my theory that "V should be female because it's funnier!". Oh well. And they were named Auraiel, possibly with even more vowels, like Aurieaiel or something. I remember a lot of vowels. Still a conventionally unisex elf name though.

In conclusion, I either need more sleep or less sleep... :smallredface:

Mordokai
2007-11-17, 04:09 PM
Maybe you just need diet with less OOTS :smallwink:

The Vanishing Hitchhiker
2007-11-17, 04:16 PM
Maybe you just need diet with less OOTS :smallwink:

Gasp! :smalleek: Madness!

boomwolf
2007-11-17, 04:25 PM
Madness?

This is OotS!

Back to topic. you really need less Oots mate. and thats sad.

The Vanishing Hitchhiker
2007-11-17, 04:50 PM
:smallconfused: It was the kind of dream where you think you're awake and doing things. I thought it was funny.

I get the same amount as everyone else anyway - less, even, since I don't have any of the books.

prongs43
2007-11-17, 04:58 PM
Wow, I had a dream the other night that was like that, but I was actually in OotS. I was being chased around by :xykon: , and most of the dream was spent running away from him. It was actually pretty scary.

And Eugene was my dad, but I wasn't :roy: . And he was the only person in my dream that was actually a stick figure, which was strange.

Runa
2007-11-18, 09:00 PM
:smallconfused: It was the kind of dream where you think you're awake and doing things. I thought it was funny.

I can out-nerd you x10.

For several weeks, I was having SCRABBLE dreams of that nature. Yes, that Scrabble. As in, the game where you put little wooden letter tiles down to make words for points. Entirely because I was obsessed with it, playing every chance I got both in real life and on the computer (you'd be surprised how many places provide online Scrabble...).

I also have had Spider Solitaire dreams some nights, when I've been using it a little too often as a sleep aide. XD When I was visiting a particular set of forums I occasionally composed posts in my sleep(!), too. What's really bizarre though, is that when it comes to my actual characters from stories I'm writing or roleplaying... I pretty much never have a dream about them, even if I'm working on the story in my head when I go to sleep. :smallconfused:

The worst one was more surreal (i.e. more dream-like) but no less annoying, though: I had a weird reaction to a medication I was taking (a medication that is a stimulant, of course) - having checked the clock before I ostensibly fell asleep, and immediately after I snapped out of it, I can confirm that I pretty much spent a solid EIGHT HOURS in REM, where I did nothing but follow my high school History teacher up and down stairways of various types (fancy concrete stairs from a public building, wooden stairs to somebody's attic, etc) - except I knew, consciously, that my body was lying in bed trying to get rest. It was the weirdest, most frustrating mental state I've ever been in - asleep, but not asleep all the way, even though I'm dreaming, and the dream is one endless, hideously boring task repeated hours on end so I feel like I didn't stop being awake in the first place.

I snapped out of it suddenly and feeling like I hadn't slept a wink. Needless to say, I switched meds... :smalleek:

-Runa

Mr. Moon
2007-11-18, 09:07 PM
That's nothing. I once had a dream where me and Sasuke - that's right, the emo from Naruto - were babysitting a little girl, when we were attacked by evil clowns. Naruto just sort of apeared and replaced the girl, and bravely sacrificed himself to buy Sasuke and I some time to run. Sasuke tripped and fell, I stopped to help him up, but he told me to keep going. I found a little half-door and hid behind it until Sasuke caught up, gagged with his hands behind his back and limping. Then I woke up.

Just as it was getting good, to! :smallwink:

Nerdanel
2007-11-18, 09:35 PM
I had a dream in which Vaarsuvius's gaining Ultimate Arcane Power was revealed to mean multiclassing as a truenamer.

Regneva
2007-11-19, 02:49 AM
I think the lesson here is you have been thinking about your V theories way too much, beyond the point where it would mess with your subconsciousness.

Lay it off. V is male :smallwink: