PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a Campaign *Recluse*

Spectre3541
2007-11-17, 05:05 PM
So I've just finished rereading the Recluse series of books by L.E. Modesitt and I really enjoyed them. I wanted to try to run a campaign in that world. I have some ideas but I'm having trouble with some other things. One of them being the Order / Chaos axis. Anyone who has read these books, feel free to post ideas or thoughts!

Alleine
2007-11-18, 01:11 AM
Wow, Recluse?
I'd think it'd be difficult to adapt it to DnD completely.
Especially since alignment is completely different, sort of. Its more of a magical alignment than a person's.

Magic might not be so difficult itself. Mostly reflavoring, and different kinds of wizards, of course. You'd basically separate all spells into two categories, destructive and creative.

I'd like to know more of what you're trying, I absolutely loved the Recluse Saga.

Spectre3541
2007-11-18, 05:57 PM
well, the whole idea behind the campaign is that i'm trying to have the PC's pretty much play out Lerris' story. The plan is for them to begin as dangergelders and most likely end up on Candar. Hopefully they'll learn some things and want to return to recluse? Or... they might join up with the bad guys aka white wizards. I really want to let them make their own decisions and such. As for the Order / Chaos thing... I'm thinking that each of them will start with a general "affinity" for one side or the other and have to either choose to embrace it or reject it... could make for some interesting roleplaying. So thats what i have so far. thoughts?