PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Fang Strike

MisterSaturnine
2007-11-17, 05:25 PM
I was looking over the text for Wolf Fang Strike (a Tiger Claw maneuver from the ToB), and I really don't get it.

The way I'm reading it, it basically gives you Two-Weapon Fighting for a single attack (namely, Wolf Fang Strike). That's it. Keeps the -2 penalty to attacks. And you can use an unarmed strike as your offhand. Oh, and you can't do a second attack if the first brings the enemy to -1 or fewer HP.

Is there something I'm not seeing here? Or does it suck as much as I think it does? :smallconfused:

Amiria
2007-11-17, 05:28 PM
It allows multiple attacks as a standard action. That's good enough.

MisterSaturnine
2007-11-17, 05:31 PM
I'm still a bit confused (cut me some slack, I'm sick and my brain's even worse than usual :smallwink:)--doesn't it normally only take a standard action to attack with two weapons? Or is attacking as a two weapon fighter always a full-attack action?

Morty
2007-11-17, 05:32 PM
Unless you house-rule it, attacking with both weapons is full-round action.

Dhavaer
2007-11-17, 05:33 PM
You always need a full round action to get more than one attack unless you have an ability that says otherwise.

That being said, Wolf Fang Strike is pretty bad. Steel Wind or Sapphire Nightmare Blade are better.

Temp
2007-11-17, 05:55 PM
Or is attacking as a two weapon fighter always a full-attack action?This one--it's one of the main reasons TWF is ungood.

Like Dhavaer says, it isn't that great, but it's an *okay* strike for some characters and it's necessary for 1st level Scent (unless the character wants Martial Stance).

I_Got_This_Name
2007-11-17, 06:27 PM
You always need a full round action to get more than one attack unless you have an ability that says otherwise.

That being said, Wolf Fang Strike is pretty bad. Steel Wind or Sapphire Nightmare Blade are better.

Wolf Fang Strike goes with Burning Blade better than Sapphire Nightmare Blade does, and Steel Wind attacks two targets (instead of attacking twice), so it has its uses.