PDA

View Full Version : Legend Lore

MykulFrost
2021-10-26, 06:53 PM
Another 3.5 question. The Legend Lore spell says that if an item or person is at hand, the spell only takes a few minutes to cast. What would the game mechanic of "at hand" be? Examples being: within 5' and able to touch or interact with, in the same room, line of sight, within the same building.

Biggus
2021-10-26, 10:11 PM
Pretty sure there isn't an official answer to that. Given the context, I'd go with "able to be clearly seen". For a small object that would be literally "at hand", ie within arms' reach, for a large one it could be considerably further. But it's a DM call in the end.

farothel
2021-10-27, 03:58 AM
Pretty sure there isn't an official answer to that. Given the context, I'd go with "able to be clearly seen". For a small object that would be literally "at hand", ie within arms' reach, for a large one it could be considerably further. But it's a DM call in the end.

I would also go with that. If you want to do a legend lore spell on a castle, if you can see the castle clearly (a couple of 100ft) I would allow it as DM. For a ring for instance, it has to be on the table in front of you, as you can't see it at much larger distances (at least not clearly).