PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Superb Hunter [Prestige Class](For rangers mainly)

gooddragon1
2021-10-28, 02:37 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Maat Mons
2021-10-29, 03:56 PM
Okay, three class features. One gives you (ultimately) +5 damage, with some limitations. One gives you the ability to ignore (ultimately) 8 points of DR, with some limitations. The third alters the limitations of the second, within some limitations of its own.

That's +5 damage, situationally. And ignoring up to 8 points of DR is, essentially, a situational damage boost. So up to +13 damage in some situations.

I feel the fact that all the class' special abilities amount to a situational boost to damage is undesirable.

gooddragon1
2021-10-29, 06:03 PM
Okay, three class features. One gives you (ultimately) +5 damage, with some limitations. One gives you the ability to ignore (ultimately) 8 points of DR, with some limitations. The third alters the limitations of the second, within some limitations of its own.

That's +5 damage, situationally. And ignoring up to 8 points of DR is, essentially, a situational damage boost. So up to +13 damage in some situations.

I feel the fact that all the class' special abilities amount to a situational boost to damage is undesirable.

Hm. I may need to add some more stuff then, but with full skills I was lowballing it. Still, it's an opportunity to get creative. That should be nice.

I'm thinking of adding in some unusually good tracking using Ex and Su both.

Scent as ex that can be toggled. With an su option later that can has variable options to pick.

Notes so far:
Scent (Ex)

Supernatural Scent (Su)

Pick 1

Past - detect roughly what is occurring by scent with wisdom checks, per day usage
Present - Detect what people are thinking by reading their essence, detect thoughts, but more like general impressions and against an opposed charisma check against your wisdom check, constant usage
Future - Augury by smelling whether something is a good idea or not, per day usage
Blind sight - blind sight, constant usage