PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder AsuraKyoko's Pathfinder Character Sheet v1.0

AsuraKyoko
2021-10-28, 10:20 AM
Hello all!

Over the past few years, I've been working on a character sheet for Pathfinder using Google Sheets. As of a few days ago, I've finally gotten it to a state that it's ready to be shared with the world.

The primary features of the sheet:

Full Calculations - The sheet handles all the math involved in a character.
Bonus Types - There are fields for recording all of the different types of bonuses that can apply, and these are collapsible, so that they don't clutter up the sheet.
Selectable Ability Modifiers - You can select and change the ability modifiers you use for Attacks, AC, CMB, CMD, and Skills. You can even select multiple scores to add, or put in a multiplier for things like to-handed or off-hand attacks.
Spell Tracking Sheet - There are tabs for tracking prepared and spontaneous spells, and also ]several 3rd party rulesets: Psionics, Path of War, and Pact Magic.

And so, without further ado, here is the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16zE-gGp25_HLHwZBmSte600HS2YXBUy_TzsgaV4ZtgA/edit?usp=sharing

A few notes on usage:

The Classes tab is where you enter your levels in various classes, and their BAB, Skill, and Save progressions. If you have bonus skill points from being human or something else, you can enter any number in the skill section, not just the ones in the dropdown. (Prestige Class save progression has not been added yet)
In general, you can safely modify information in any outlined box and it won't break the sheet. Additionally, you can put anything you want in the whitespace areas (though be careful not to cut * paste multiple lines of cells there, because it might mess up the bonus calculation areas.
Clicking the plus signs on the far left side of the sheet will expand the bonus calculation areas, and clicking the minus signs will collapse them so they don't clutter up the sheet.
You can paste in a character picture if you want.
To use the sheet, make a copy by going to File->Make a copy.

I do hope that people check the sheet out, and tell me what you think. There may be some errors on the sheet, and any help finding them would be greatly appreciated, as will any suggestions for how I can make the sheet better.

Feel free to distribute the sheet and use it how you see fit, though I do ask that you keep the Info tab, so that I can get credit for my work on it.

There are also a few features that are planned for the future, but are incomplete at this point, including Spheres of Power/Might support, Akashic Mysteries support, and a tab for toggleable bonuses/penalties/conditions, so you can record your commonly applied effects and quickly apply and remove them.

exelsisxax
2021-10-28, 12:16 PM
Many of these sheets are strangely distributed. The main sheet for instance is using almost entirely vertical space, with huge swathes of empty unused regions horizontally. it contributes to needing to scroll past a lot of unused dead space to get anywhere.

Fields used in equations are unmarked. This will make it difficult to impossible for some to use, especially those with a crippling inability to properly use spreadsheets. Input fields need to be protected, hidden, clearly color-identified, or people will constantly break their own sheets.

A single weapon entry for ranged, 1H melee, and 2H melee is woefully insufficient. I need six fully flexible entries to consider it even functional.

Your implementation for using different/multiple scores is quite limited and hard-coded. Seems to only be implemented for stuff on the main page and non-dynamic. Why not just have a single score usage input field that can extract the none/one/any relevant scores instead of a bunch of toggles? The skills page sort of works like that.

I do like the visual HP bar a lot, it's very nice.

There's no option for skills organized as background skills, which is a very popular optional system.

the gear page is so incredibly insufficient. I would struggle to fit even the gear of a 1st level character into the tiny area available. I know how to insert functional rows, but there is so much scrolling already despite huge empty space in every direction. Encumbrance stuff doesn't appear to include relevant flexibility for specific strength increases, sizes, quad body, etc.

Different pages for prepped/spont is superfluous when they include virtually identical information, it's jut file bloat. I suggest making a single one for both use cases.

AsuraKyoko
2021-10-28, 01:31 PM
Holy roasts Batman, that's pretty harsh! :smallbiggrin:

Many of these sheets are strangely distributed. The main sheet for instance is using almost entirely vertical space, with huge swathes of empty unused regions horizontally. it contributes to needing to scroll past a lot of unused dead space to get anywhere.

The horizontal width is so that it will fit on a laptop screen without having to scroll horizontally to see relevant information for play. The empty space in the combat section I have found to be useful for notes and things like DR and resistances. I'll see about putting in a noted space for those, though.

Oh, as a side note, the reason the Ability Scores section has the modifiers first is because of the way Ability Scores are referenced elsewhere on the sheet. I feel like I could make the stats stick out a bit more, visually, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about that. Do you have any thoughts?

Fields used in equations are unmarked. This will make it difficult to impossible for some to use, especially those with a crippling inability to properly use spreadsheets. Input fields need to be protected, hidden, clearly color-identified, or people will constantly break their own sheets.

Do you have specific examples of where it is unclear? I know I need to do protections on calculated fields better (it's on my to-do list), but the inputs should all be marked appropriately.

Comments are enabled on the master sheet, so if it's easier for you to point them out in that format, rather than here, go right ahead.

A single weapon entry for ranged, 1H melee, and 2H melee is woefully insufficient. I need six fully flexible entries to consider it even functional.

You can copy the last entry and insert it below for more of them. The current entries are merely examples of how you can set up the weapons. I have to arrange them vertically, since the bonus fields extend quite a ways across the screen.

Your implementation for using different/multiple scores is quite limited and hard-coded. Seems to only be implemented for stuff on the main page and non-dynamic. Why not just have a single score usage input field that can extract the none/one/any relevant scores instead of a bunch of toggles? The skills page sort of works like that.

The reason I have the checkbox grid is so that you can completely configure the modifiers used, and at what proportion. Unless you know of a good way to add Dex, Wisdom, and half of your Constitution modifier to your AC.

I do like the visual HP bar a lot, it's very nice.

Thank you! I'm pretty proud of that myself! I'm also planning on having it change color as your HP goes down, assuming the conditional formatting for that is simple.

There's no option for skills organized as background skills, which is a very popular optional system.

I haven't heard of that system before, I'll have to look into it to see what I can do for it.

the gear page is so incredibly insufficient. I would struggle to fit even the gear of a 1st level character into the tiny area available. I know how to insert functional rows, but there is so much scrolling already despite huge empty space in every direction. Encumbrance stuff doesn't appear to include relevant flexibility for specific strength increases, sizes, quad body, etc.

How do you suggest I do gear to save on vertical space? I have the name and notes field as wide as they are so that things don't overflow, but I can shrink them a bit. I also have to keep it useable for narrower screens like laptops.

Size is already accounted for in encumbrance. I'll put overhauling encumbrance on my list to add in optional selections for encumbrance boosts, quadruped, using alternate ability scores, etc.

Hmm, do you think it would be better to move encumbrance, Coins, and totals to the top of the list, and just extend the whole list down to the end of the page, or would that be clunky?

Different pages for prepped/spont is superfluous when they include virtually identical information, it's jut file bloat. I suggest making a single one for both use cases.

I suppose that I could combine them, yeah. Hmmm, ok, I have some ideas about how I can make them look nice. Them being separate pages is actually a holdover from an older version where the spellcasting ability wasn't flexible, and there was one each for Int, Wis, and Cha.

When I use the sheet, I usually delete the tabs that I'm not going to need, to save on space.

----------------

Well, that was a lot of good feedback! Thank you so much! I would certainly like to hear what suggestions you have regarding horizontal space, keeping in mind that this needs to fit on narrower screens.

In general, I think that my top priority should be making the sheet easy to use, and I should definitely include a tutorial/guidance section on the info tab.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I think that having the modifiers stretch out like that is awkward. I'm considering moving them to multiple lines, since their vertical space doesn't really matter that much anyways.

The other alternative is that I wait until the Buffs/Debuffs page is done and then just remove them entirely, but that might make using it a bit more troublesome. What do you think?

exelsisxax
2021-10-28, 03:02 PM
Holy roasts Batman, that's pretty harsh! :smallbiggrin:

The horizontal width is so that it will fit on a laptop screen without having to scroll horizontally to see relevant information for play. The empty space in the combat section I have found to be useful for notes and things like DR and resistances. I'll see about putting in a noted space for those, though.

Oh, as a side note, the reason the Ability Scores section has the modifiers first is because of the way Ability Scores are referenced elsewhere on the sheet. I feel like I could make the stats stick out a bit more, visually, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about that. Do you have any thoughts?

I am using my own laptop to look at it, and columns out to S are fully visible and just hanging out there blank. But because i'm using my laptop, there's barely any useful space with the title bars, expanded top row, and speed information (which is really in the worst possible spot). Everything that is there is massively stretched horizontally to occupy that space, but not effectively.

If you shrink almost every column significantly (especially the ability score column that's like 4x wider than useful) you'll have dramatically more space to work with. For important labels you can merge cells to prevent wrapping and overflow instead of bending the rest of the sheet around those few cells. There's also the AC/defenses area that is totally unused on the front end, when you could instead arrange them horizontally to take advantage of the open space if the back end functions are hidden.

You can copy the last entry and insert it below for more of them. The current entries are merely examples of how you can set up the weapons. I have to arrange them vertically, since the bonus fields extend quite a ways across the screen.

The reason I have the checkbox grid is so that you can completely configure the modifiers used, and at what proportion. Unless you know of a good way to add Dex, Wisdom, and half of your Constitution modifier to your AC.

So these two are connected in how those hidden cells are highly duplicative. Instead of a single system for getting that info, each block has its own completely independent set of functions that can require a lot of fiddling. For ability scores at least you could do a search based on scores input into a single cell, much easier to expand than the hard-coded individual blocks.

The iterative row is also a lot of space for something that can easily fit in a single cell, including the large empty area between the weapon blocks and HP bar.

How do you suggest I do gear to save on vertical space? I have the name and notes field as wide as they are so that things don't overflow, but I can shrink them a bit. I also have to keep it useable for narrower screens like laptops.

Size is already accounted for in encumbrance. I'll put overhauling encumbrance on my list to add in optional selections for encumbrance boosts, quadruped, using alternate ability scores, etc.

Hmm, do you think it would be better to move encumbrance, Coins, and totals to the top of the list, and just extend the whole list down to the end of the page, or would that be clunky?

I would completely remove the armor/shield/natural block from the gear tab, it's enormous and contains no inventory data. Instead armor/shield should be recorded along with weapons with actual gear as item-relevant information. That more than doubles the initial item entries that fit on my screen. If you compress the way overlarge columns for almost everything else by half there should be enough space to have two fully visible item columns. You could reserve one for less-changing item slots/weapons/armor and currencies and the other for more oft-used consumables and stuff. I'm surprised you broke up coinage into specific denominations without using the relevant coinage weights or summing it into a cash field.

If you move anything to the top it should be money and it should be compressed to the smallest available space (including only using a single value rather than denominations).
Also several item slots are named inconsistently. PF does not use face, throat, armor, glove, boots, or gauntlet slots so it may cause confusion - especially as no armor occupies any item slot. There's a body slot.

AsuraKyoko
2021-10-28, 04:25 PM
Thank you again for the very detailed reply and feedback! I cannot overstate how much I appreciate it!

I am using my own laptop to look at it, and columns out to S are fully visible and just hanging out there blank. But because i'm using my laptop, there's barely any useful space with the title bars, expanded top row, and speed information (which is really in the worst possible spot). Everything that is there is massively stretched horizontally to occupy that space, but not effectively.

On my laptop I can see out to around column O (yes I know my screen is tiny), so I don't want to go any wider than that. I realize that's pretty small, but there's not a lot I can do about it.

I know the movement tab is in a terrible spot, it was added as a more or less last minute thing because I needed it. I think that I should repurpose the area to the right of Ability Scores to include things like Movement, Perception, Initiative and other useful thing for quick reference during play. Do you have any suggestions for what should go there?

If you shrink almost every column significantly (especially the ability score column that's like 4x wider than useful) you'll have dramatically more space to work with. For important labels you can merge cells to prevent wrapping and overflow instead of bending the rest of the sheet around those few cells. There's also the AC/defenses area that is totally unused on the front end, when you could instead arrange them horizontally to take advantage of the open space if the back end functions are hidden.

That's a really good point. I think the reason why the cells are so wide is from when I initially made the basic version years ago, I didn't know about merging cells, so I just widened them. I'll have to go and fix that, but it shouldn't be too hard, honestly.

I deliberately left open space near the AC and Saves for notes regarding them, but as the sheets were refined, those sections got a lot narrower, and so the space grew quite a bit.

So these two are connected in how those hidden cells are highly duplicative. Instead of a single system for getting that info, each block has its own completely independent set of functions that can require a lot of fiddling. For ability scores at least you could do a search based on scores input into a single cell, much easier to expand than the hard-coded individual blocks.

I'm hesitant about using anything that would have to parse text for calculations, since that is incredibly finnicky and error-prone, and would rather have the entries for individual cells be very simple, so that it's easy to explain to someone and to poke around at. I'm not sure how to address the duplication you are (I think) referring to. Is there some way to outsource the calculation somewhere else, or would that require scripting? I'm not completely against learning whatever scripting language Google Sheets uses, but I'd really rather not have to. On the other hand, it may make a number of thing easier, but it also might make the sheet a little bit funkier and prone to update errors. Definitely something I'll have to consider.

The iterative row is also a lot of space for something that can easily fit in a single cell, including the large empty area between the weapon blocks and HP bar.

Yeah, I wasn't very happy with the Iteratives section either, It got added as a quick-fix because I needed it. There are almost certainly better solutions, but I haven't really thought much about them. Do you have any suggestions for a better way to handle them? I could easily auto-calculate the standard iterative formula, but there are so many other things that modify that in various ways that it would be a pain to try and account for all of them.

I think that, if I compact the bonus calculation fields to be as wide as the weapon blocks, I can fit them two across before running into the HP bar.

I would completely remove the armor/shield/natural block from the gear tab, it's enormous and contains no inventory data. Instead armor/shield should be recorded along with weapons with actual gear as item-relevant information. That more than doubles the initial item entries that fit on my screen.

Wouldn't putting the armor in the front page bloat that area vertically more, or do you mean that I should include it in the AC collapsible?

If you compress the way overlarge columns for almost everything else by half there should be enough space to have two fully visible item columns. You could reserve one for less-changing item slots/weapons/armor and currencies and the other for more oft-used consumables and stuff.

That's a good idea. I'll make it 2 columns and have one with the Item slots, Armor, Weapons, and Coins.

I'm surprised you broke up coinage into specific denominations without using the relevant coinage weights or summing it into a cash field.

If you move anything to the top it should be money and it should be compressed to the smallest available space (including only using a single value rather than denominations).

That's a good point about the cash field sum, I'll definitely add that. I want to keep coins separated by denomination, because I know several people who care about that sort of thing. I can easily make it collapse down to a single row, though.

I had put the coin weight to 0 because my group doesn't do coin encumbrance, I need to add some options for how encumbrance is handled.

I think I will have each gear column have an option for whether it should be counted for encumbrance, and an option for coins.

Also several item slots are named inconsistently. PF does not use face, throat, armor, glove, boots, or gauntlet slots so it may cause confusion - especially as no armor occupies any item slot. There's a body slot.

Ok, good to know. The original version was for 3.5 (as you can probably tell) so a bit of the weirdness is hold-overs from that.

----------

A few thoughts:

Do you think it would be a good idea to make each subsection on the front page (Attributes, Combat, Feats, Class Features, etc.) collapsible, or would that not really help?

While I am definitely a proponent of having information displayed in a compact way, I don't want the sheet to get to be too "busy" and I want there to be plenty of white space for notes and the like. I'll have to be careful to strike the right balance.

What are your thoughts on a tab for entering in buffs, debuffs, and conditions? I was thinking of pre-filling all the standard conditions and their numerical effects, as well as their SRD description.

The tab would also have a section for other buffs/debuffs. I'm thinking of having the layout have a column for every field that can get a bonus, and have each cell in the column be a dropdown with all the bonus types. There would be another column for the value of the bonus/penalty, and a toggle for enabling/disabling it. I would also have to add another tab for calculating the totals from the bonus, but that can be a hidden tab.

Do you think that that is a good way to handle it, or is there a better solution? Fundamentally, each buff has 3 things it needs: a value, a type, and a target, and sadly there's not a simple way to have all 3 of those in a 2-dimensional sheet.

EDIT: As a side note, Armor, Shield, and Natural Armor bonuses are weird, because they can get other bonuses added to them. As far as I am aware, they are the only such things in the game. They are also going to be a pain to handle for bonus calculation, because I have to handle their "nesting" somehow. Natural Armor is particularly bad, because some effects give Natural Armor, and some give a bonus to Natural Armor, which totally isn't at all complicated to handle here.

AmberVael
2021-10-28, 08:08 PM
I do hope that people check the sheet out, and tell me what you think. There may be some errors on the sheet, and any help finding them would be greatly appreciated, as will any suggestions for how I can make the sheet better.

I strongly recommend a different base approach for cells. Using cells like you have (a single cell for any given feature of the sheet, adjusting cell size as needed) is simple, but really hinders your ability to customize a sheet and give it a better layout. Once you've expanded a cell, the entire column below it must share the same size.

Consider instead making heavy use of very small, square cells and cell merging. It's a practice I learned from industry friends, and can have really stylish results. Momatoes has a twitter thread on such tactics here. (https://twitter.com/momatoes/status/1434902519335981065)

As a simpler example, this is the sheet I've started putting together for my personal use. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wEDLEgdL_JkrgnqHxkCl6X82u82mSmBxF4BfXqMTfsU)

AsuraKyoko
2021-10-28, 09:11 PM
I strongly recommend a different base approach for cells. Using cells like you have (a single cell for any given feature of the sheet, adjusting cell size as needed) is simple, but really hinders your ability to customize a sheet and give it a better layout. Once you've expanded a cell, the entire column below it must share the same size.

Consider instead making heavy use of very small, square cells and cell merging. It's a practice I learned from industry friends, and can have really stylish results. Momatoes has a twitter thread on such tactics here. (https://twitter.com/momatoes/status/1434902519335981065)

As a simpler example, this is the sheet I've started putting together for my personal use. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wEDLEgdL_JkrgnqHxkCl6X82u82mSmBxF4BfXqMTfsU)

Yeah, that's definitely a good idea. I'll need to do that, though it will take a fair bit of work to convert it over.

mattie_p
2021-10-29, 03:39 AM
Hi, AsuraKyoko! I'm watching this with interest, and thank you for releasing your initial version. You're probably aware of my own released spreadsheet (for making tables for Iron Chef - style competitions on this site - see my signature if you aren't). There really isn't much overlap between the two at this point but there are probably some things that we can pull from each other to make a better product! Please do not feel obligated to have a solution that fits every concept, someone is going to have an epic/mythic tri-stalt ECL 60 character that has like 20 natural attacks and 40 iteratives and breaks like 10 other things on your sheet. Too bad!

I'm hesitant about using anything that would have to parse text for calculations, since that is incredibly finnicky and error-prone, and would rather have the entries for individual cells be very simple, so that it's easy to explain to someone and to poke around at. I'm not sure how to address the duplication you are (I think) referring to. Is there some way to outsource the calculation somewhere else, or would that require scripting? I'm not completely against learning whatever scripting language Google Sheets uses, but I'd really rather not have to. On the other hand, it may make a number of thing easier, but it also might make the sheet a little bit funkier and prone to update errors. Definitely something I'll have to consider.

I deeply sympathize with you on this, it was one of the biggest challenges I had when developing the skills section of my spreadsheet. The best solution that I was able to come up with was the force the generation of the text blocks in a particular format in order for the interpretation section to work properly.

So for each level of skills, I have it laid out as follows:

5: {+4} Appraise: 4; {+1} Autohypnosis: 1;

The very first number is the number of skill points invested for a particular level. Then each individual skill is separated by a semicolon for parsing purposes. Any increase at a particular level uses {curly braces}. Skill name and skill rank total auto-sum the cumulative value for all levels.

I used liberal application of &, IF, AND, ISBLANK, to generate the text blocks.

Thus the judging tab (which analyzes skills) has a specific format to work with and can extract the skill ranks successfully. I use a function to cast text into integers, and use multiple REGEXEXTRACT functions to parse text blocks looking for the skills and skill tricks.

I'll be looking at your sheet a little more in detail over the upcoming weekend but I wanted to share this and encourage your future development of this project. If I can think of anything else constructive I'll let you know.

exelsisxax
2021-10-29, 01:04 PM
Thank you again for the very detailed reply and feedback! I cannot overstate how much I appreciate it!
I know the movement tab is in a terrible spot, it was added as a more or less last minute thing because I needed it. I think that I should repurpose the area to the right of Ability Scores to include things like Movement, Perception, Initiative and other useful thing for quick reference during play. Do you have any suggestions for what should go there?

all other misc character features like race and type. RP details should not reserve their own space as they are not important features of a sheet, they should occupy spaces left over. that open field is just such a space left over.

you could use dropdowns to make sure there's no spelling or other text errors. It strikes me as much easier to use than a very extensive per-attribute check system that takes a lot of space.

To reduce redundancy, you could have a backend that allows the user to define different attack categories in high detail, and at the front end rely on choosing one of those categories to set most relevant values. Far faster to set up attacks that way as they can come from a common source.

Yeah, I wasn't very happy with the Iteratives section either, It got added as a quick-fix because I needed it. There are almost certainly better solutions, but I haven't really thought much about them. Do you have any suggestions for a better way to handle them? I could easily auto-calculate the standard iterative formula, but there are so many other things that modify that in various ways that it would be a pain to try and account for all of them.

Indeed there's too much stuff with full attacks, not trying is a reasonable conclusion. Just give a single cell for the user to fill with what they have.

Wouldn't putting the armor in the front page bloat that area vertically more, or do you mean that I should include it in the AC collapsible?
Main page, new sheet, somewhere else on the gear page. but at the top of an important page is not where passive information that only gets referenced should go.

A few thoughts:

Do you think it would be a good idea to make each subsection on the front page (Attributes, Combat, Feats, Class Features, etc.) collapsible, or would that not really help?

While I am definitely a proponent of having information displayed in a compact way, I don't want the sheet to get to be too "busy" and I want there to be plenty of white space for notes and the like. I'll have to be careful to strike the right balance.

Organization is function and function is everything. If something is usually collapsed why not actually hide it on the backend if it is so low utility? And there's very little space available for notes or any additional information, except by scrolling below what already exists. Except the danger zone in the defenses area of very problematic white space intermingled with collapsed formula.

What are your thoughts on a tab for entering in buffs, debuffs, and conditions? I was thinking of pre-filling all the standard conditions and their numerical effects, as well as their SRD description.

The tab would also have a section for other buffs/debuffs. I'm thinking of having the layout have a column for every field that can get a bonus, and have each cell in the column be a dropdown with all the bonus types. There would be another column for the value of the bonus/penalty, and a toggle for enabling/disabling it. I would also have to add another tab for calculating the totals from the bonus, but that can be a hidden tab.

Do you think that that is a good way to handle it, or is there a better solution? Fundamentally, each buff has 3 things it needs: a value, a type, and a target, and sadly there's not a simple way to have all 3 of those in a 2-dimensional sheet.

buff/debuff functions is one of the most useful things an automated sheet can have. but it will be significantly more complex than what you already have, and require you to rewrite all of it as your existing functions are built completely differently.

EDIT: As a side note, Armor, Shield, and Natural Armor bonuses are weird, because they can get other bonuses added to them. As far as I am aware, they are the only such things in the game. They are also going to be a pain to handle for bonus calculation, because I have to handle their "nesting" somehow. Natural Armor is particularly bad, because some effects give Natural Armor, and some give a bonus to Natural Armor, which totally isn't at all complicated to handle here.

This is part of why your existing infrastructure won't work. A functional buff control requires you to flexibly interpret a [type] bonus to [target], but you've built with hard inputs so far. If you restructure to a single universal backend set of statistics, it becomes much easier to modify that single source in many ways from any number of buffs, then everything pulls from that backend source. Doing everything individually makes buffs super laborious to interpret and compute correctly.

Raven777
2021-11-03, 11:33 PM
This is part of why your existing infrastructure won't work. A functional buff control requires you to flexibly interpret a [type] bonus to [target], but you've built with hard inputs so far. If you restructure to a single universal backend set of statistics, it becomes much easier to modify that single source in many ways from any number of buffs, then everything pulls from that backend source. Doing everything individually makes buffs super laborious to interpret and compute correctly.

I'm a big fan of just using Notes on cells to provide detail for stacking buffs and such. Or simply to link rules for feats and spell effects.

@AsuraKyoko If we're sharing personal sheets for inspiration, here's my personal take on one (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vpEivUxx6A7BVHsP9Df2dVRRVgWTvhOLbzOTrjkMPt0/edit?usp=sharing). I've used variations on it modified to suit various classes in a couple campaigns already.