2021-10-29, 01:33 PM
Pick of Destiny
CL 20
Craft DC: 35/15 (See Item Description)
Spells Known: Planar Ally, Greater, Gate, Blasphemy
Aura: Overwhelmingly Evil
Type: Weapon
Slot: Hand

An emerald colored guitar pick engraved in the likeness of a visage of a horned devil. Overwhelming evil energy emanates from the guitar pick.

The Pick of Destiny is a guitar pick made from the tooth of a devil prince, and contains its unholy power within it. When wielded, The Pick of Destiny grants a +10 profane bonus to all bardic performances, +10 profane bonus to the DC to resist all hostile performances such as Fascinate and Dirge of Doom, +4 HD to Inspire Greatness and a +20 profane bonus to the perform skill, and +10 profane bonus to spell penetration for all Bard and Skald spells. Upon it being sundered, which can be done easily with one’s bare hands, the pick summons a devil prince of the DM’s choice, who then challenges the one who broke it to outperform his/her musical ability. The breaker of the pick must succeed three consecutive perform checks with the DC being 10+ the perform skill ranks of the devil prince. Upon success, the devil lord is banished as per the Banishment spell, and the devil prince will send the money equivalent to a month’s worth of modest living at the end of every month until the user dies. When the devil prince is banished, the person who succeeded the perform checks may make either a Sunder Weapon combat maneuver to take the devil prince’s tooth, or Sunder Armor combat maneuver to take its horn, using the devil prince’s CMD. With the tooth, one can make a DC 15 Craft Magic Item check to make another Pick of Destiny. With the horn, one can make a DC 15 Craft Magic Item Check to make The Bong of Destiny (not yet made). Upon Failure, the devil prince drags the performer’s soul to The Nine Hells, regardless of alignment, where he/she cannot escape without the use of a Wish or Miracle spell to free his/her soul and True Resurrection to bring him/her back to life.

What do you all think? Any changes to be made? I made this in about 20 minutes as a joke. Maybe I'll make the Bong of Destiny as a "staff" but I'm not sure yet. Maybe this could be used for someone's lighthearted high level campaign?