PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Kobold Kommandos!

BRC
2007-11-17, 11:10 PM
My next character will be leading a revolutionary movement consiting of preety much anything you find in Dungeons, Mostly hobgoblins and goblins. Well I was thinking of statting out some of his followers, the campaign is epic-level so I should be able to reach 25 leadership score without too much trouble. Well this character is a Rouge so I figured a few commando's would be useful for sabatouge and other such operations. As for the race to use for these commandos, one immedietally came to mind, Kobolds.
So, the challenge is this, stat out some Kobolds, second or third level, equip them but go easy on big-time magic items, let them be able to hold their own in combat, especially in terms of using the element of surprise. Bonus points if you include the stats for a sergent of higher level. Extra Bonus for people who include some fluff about their tactics and the like. Trophies for whoever's I like best and somthing for participants!
EDIT: No Pun-Pun, as much fun as storming a fortress with 10 Pun-Pun's is, my DM makes good use of rule 0, so let's keep everyones favorite kobold out of this.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-11-17, 11:16 PM
Four words for you.

Magic. Pump. Action. Shotguns.

Meepo has one, why can't yours?:smallwink:

BRC
2007-11-17, 11:18 PM
Four words for you.

Magic. Pump. Action. Shotguns.

Meepo has one, why can't yours?:smallwink:
I am intriuged by your Magic.Pump.Action.Shotguns. I must consider this.

Abardam
2007-11-18, 06:13 AM
I will do it! Well, I'll do one.

Using elite array, with 2500gp worth of equipment, and stuff from Races of the Dragon.

Otho, Kobold Tinker, Rogue 3 (Kobold Rogue Substitution levels 1 and 3*)
Small Humanoid (reptilian)
Hit Dice: 2d4+1d6-1 (7 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft (35 ft when withdrawing)
Armor Class: 18 (+3 masterwork studded leather, +1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural armor) (20 against traps, +2 improved trap sense)
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-3
Attack: +7 masterwork hand crossbow (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Full Attack: +7 masterwork hand crossbow (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Sneak attack +2d6
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, light sensitivity, rapid retreat*, shrewd trapfinding +4*, evasion, improved trap sense +2*, draconic rite of passage (sticky floor*)*
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +7 (+9 against traps), Will +0
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 15, Wis 8, Cha 10
Skills: Craft (alchemy) +12, Craft (trapmaking) +11, Craft (weaponsmithing) +9, Hide +10, Move Silently +10, Spot +6, Listen +6, Forgery +9, Disable Device +9 (+13 against traps), Search +11 (+15 against traps) Profession (miner) +1
Feats: Skill Focus (Craft (alchemy)), Draconic Reservoir (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a)
Gear: Masterwork hand crossbow, 20 bolts, masterwork studded leather, 1 wyrm ditherbomb*, 5 strong ditherbombs*, 6 weak ditherbombs*, sundark goggles*

*Races of the Dragon

Otho is a kobold who loves big explosions. Because of this, he crafts ditherbombs almost exclusively. Although some see his tinkering with them as a gnomelike trait, his companions appreciate the firepower his ditherbombs bring.

He prefers action to too much planning, which is part of the reason why he crafts more ditherbombs than traps. If he can sneak up on a target, he will prepare a ditherbomb, quietly roll it near the target (if there is a chance that it will be detected, he throws it instead), load his hand crossbow, and snipe the target after the ditherbomb explodes, assuming it survived the blast, of course.

Having completed the draconic rite of passage, he can cast sticky floor as a spell-like ability. He only uses it against large groups of targets, preferably within 5-15 ft of each other (in preparation for a ditherbomb) or large groups of pursuers.

PS: If you think completing the draconic rite of passage is not enough to qualify for Craft (alchemy), add / replace one level with a level of Wizard.

leperkhaun
2007-11-18, 07:06 AM
Just go with a couple rogues so they can flank and such. Get one of them a cleric with the trickery domain so he can go with them and heal as needed.

BRC
2007-11-18, 11:13 AM
Just go with a couple rogues so they can flank and such. Get one of them a cleric with the trickery domain so he can go with them and heal as needed.
yes but there are many different rogues out there. They can be very different indeed.
EDIT: Otho rocks.

Yeril
2007-11-18, 12:31 PM
Yeddi the flying kobold!

Yeddi, the Wyrmkin Kobold Ranger 1
Small Monstrous Humanoid (reptilian)
Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30 ft (50 ft Flying, Manuerverability Perfect)
Armor Class: 19 (+2 leather, +1 size, +5 Dex, +1 natural armor)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-4
Attack: +9 mwk composite longbow (1d6, x3)
Full Attack: +9 mwk composite longbow (1d6, x3)
Special Attacks: Favored Enemy (Elves) +2
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, light sensitivity, Wild Empathy
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +3
Abilities: Str 9, Dex 21, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8
Skills: Craft (Trapmaking) +2, Handle Animal +1, Hide +13, Move Silently +9, Spot +7, Listen +7, Knowledge (geography) +2, Survival +7, Search +2Profession (miner) +5
Feats: Track, Weapon Focus (Composite Longbow)
Gear: Masterwork Composite Longbow, Leather, Quiver of 20 arrows, 5 Vials of Alchemists fire, 5 Smoke Sticks, 3 Thunderstones, 1 Potion of Invisibility, 1 Potion of Protection from Arrows 10/Magic, 3 Potion of Cure Light Wounds, 1 Spyglass, 49 Gold Pieces.

Yeddi is a Rare breed of kobold that occasionally pops up as isolated tribes across the world who often live on mountian sides rather than underground. Being dragon like as most kobolds are, these ones share a distinct difference, they sport a long pair of draconic wings giving them the ability to fly and because of this they believe themselves to be closer related to dragons, naming themselves the "wyrmkin".

Overall, Yeddi makes a fantastic Ariel scout and lookout but being frail physically, she uses her nimble dexterity, steady aim and mastery over the sky’s to carefully defeat enemies from great distances, often from behind cover. She carries a variety of magical and mundane items to help her missions, Potions, which conceal and protect herself from attacks and alchemical items, which can create distractions and cover while she slips past through the chaos.

BRC
2007-11-18, 01:15 PM
Hmm, I like yeddi, and I was considering giving my kommandos hang gliders and a few ranks in Proffession: Pilot to use them.
EDIT: I have a sudden urge to do this as a PbP game, if only I had any books besides the SRD with which to run the game...grrr.....

Meynolds
2007-11-19, 04:33 PM
Yub-Yub the Kobold who can, and will, buckle your swash!
Yub-Yub
Kobold (Small Humanoid (Reptilian)) Swashbuckler 3
HD: 3d10 (21 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 18 (+1 Size, +1 Natural, +3 Dex, +1 Rapier, +2 Armour)
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-1
Attack: Defending Rapier +7 (1d4+3, 18-20/x2)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, Light Sensitivity
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +0
Abilities: Str 9, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 10
Skills: Balance +9, Tumble +9, Diplomacy +6, Craft (Trapmaking) +10, Sense Motive +3, Hide (cc) +7, Profession (Miner) +2, Search +2
Feats: Combat Expertise, Weapon Finesse, Grace +1, Improved Disarm, Insightful Strike
Equipment: Defending Rapier, Leather Armour, Acid (flask) x5, Tanglefoot Bag x5, Alchemist's Fire (flask) x9, Caltrops x10 (Total Worth: 2,500 gp)
CR: 3

Combat Expertise: Trade BAB for AC
Weapon Finesse: Dex to attacks with light weapons and Rapiers
Grace +1: +1 to Ref saves
Improved Disarm: +4 to opposed attack rolls when disarming, no AoO, and cannot lose weapon as a result.
Insightful Strike: Add INT bonus in addition to Str bonus to damage.

When in combat, Yub-Yub will stay to the edges, striking when a good opportunity appears, using Combat Expertise to increase his AC to 21 the rest of the time. He will disarm first, then kill. If against a foe who is too powerful, he will try to move away at half speed (DC 15), unless he is sure the enemy can’t hit him or do enough damage, in which case he will move at full speed (DC 25). After doing this he will spread caltrops behind him every turn until he is far enough away to escape. If this fails, he will throw a Tanglefoot Bag. The Acid Flasks and Alchemist's fire flasks are to aid in combat.

Gaarg, CN Kobold Wererat
Gaarg (Kobold Form)
Kobold (Small Humanoid (Reptilian, Shapechanger))
HD: 2d8-1 (11)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft
AC: 20 (+1 Size, +2 Natural, +5 Armor, +2 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
Attack: Rapier +4 (1d4, 18-20) or Longbow +4 (1d6 /x3)
Full Attack: Rapier +1 (1d4, 18-20) or Longbow +3 (1d6, /x3)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, Light Sensitivity, Low Light Vision, Scent, Alternate Form
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +7
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 8
Skills: Craft (Trapmaking) +3, Profession (Miner) +5, Search +3, Hide +6, Climb +4, Swim +0, Move Silently +6, Control Shape +10
Feats: Iron Will (Lycanthrope), Weapon Finesse (Wererat), Skill Focus (Control Shape)
Equipment: Longsword, Longbow, 100 Arrows, Chainmail, Acid Flask x10

Gaarg (Dire Rat Form)
Speed: 40 ft, 20 ft Climb
AC: 19 (+1 Size, +3 Natural, +5 Dex)
Attack: Bite +7(1d4 plus Disease )
Full Attack: Bite +7 (1d4 plus Disease)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, Light Sensitivity, Low Light Vision, Scent, Alternate Form, Curse of Lyacanthropy, Disease, DR 5/Silver,
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +7
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 21, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 8
Skills: Craft (Trapmaking) +3, Profession (Miner) +5, Search +3, Hide +10, Climb +17, Swim +13, Move Silently +6
Feats: Iron Will (Lycanthrope), Weapon Finesse (Wererat), Dodge
Equipment: (Same)

Gaarg (Hybrid Form)
Speed: 30 ft
AC: 19 (+1 Size, +3 Natural, +5 Dex)
Attack: Rapier +7 (1d4, 18-20) or Longbow +3 (1d6 /x3)
Full Attack: Rapier +6 (1d4, 18-20) and Bite -1 (1d4 plus Disease) or Longbow +4 (1d6, /x3)
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, Light Sensitivity, Low Light Vision, Scent, Alternate Form, Curse of Lyacanthropy, Disease, DR 5/Silver,
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +7
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 21, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 8
Skills: Craft (Trapmaking) +3, Profession (Miner) +5, Search +3, Hide +13, Climb +17, Swim +13, Move Silently +6
Feats: Iron Will (Lycanthrope), Weapon Finesse (Wererat), Dodge
Equipment: (Same)
CR: 2
LA: +2

Gaarg is an afflicted Lycantrope, and thus LA +2.

In normal form, Gaarg appears as a wiry kobold, with darker than average scales. When in Dire Rat form, he looks like any other Wererat. In hybrid form, he has hair sprouting from under his scales. He is aware of his condition.

In Kobold Form he avoids combat, and sticks behind everyone else, lobbing acid flasks. He scouts ahead of the group in hybrid form, and fights in this form whenever possible. In animal form, he will scout ahead, but not fight. Additionally, on full moons, he is kept separate from everyone else.

+1 Hat
2007-11-20, 12:47 AM
Wow, so sorry for what I'm about to say, but I saw the subject and thought to myself:

*complete with the music*
"Buy all our splat books and toys!"

http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Cheat_Commandos

Of course, then only one could have the Magical Pump Action Shotgun...
On the other hand, Silent Rip might be the best name for a Kobold ever.

Darkantra
2007-11-20, 04:09 AM
As I am too tired to do anything put post my idea, I'll dream up a kobold crossbow scout by tomorrow.

I'm not familiar with the rules for leadership, but if you allow a 6th level Scout on your team with a normal light crossbow, elite array with dex advanced to 18 by 4th level, and with the feats Rapid Reload (light crossbow), Weapon Focus (light crossbow), Improved Initiative, and Crossbow Sniper (PHB II), then he'd be able to do 3d6+2 damage each round, at a +9 attack bonus, from 60 ft away as long as he moves 10 ft per round.

Then there's bonuses from items, buffs etc.

Tempting, neh?

nobodylovesyou4
2007-11-20, 05:59 AM
in this case, i will point you in the direction of tucker's kobolds (sorry, i have no link), who managed to give a mid-level party a run for their money.

TheLogman
2007-11-20, 06:40 AM
Kobold Kommandos, Rock Rock On!

Right then. Well, we need a varied amount of personnel. In an Epic level campaign, as a Rogue, you lack several things. One of them is easy healing magic. A Kobold Cleric of Tiamat can fix that. Her domains are: Destruction, Dragon, Evil, Greed, Hatred, Law, Scalykind, Trickery, and Tyranny.

I recommend the Trickery and Scalykind domains for your Kobold Cleric. Have him use the Cleric Self Buffs to become a Medium sized kobold, and boost his BaB through the roof. However, if you can somehow convince your DM to add Serpent
(http://hyboria.xoth.net/gods/new_domains.htm) Tiamat's domains, it allows Shapechange into Dragons as a 9th level spell.

For some reason, I also have an urge to suggest Druid, especially one that's taken that one feat that lets them change into Dragons.

As a Rogue, you need someone to Flank with you. For this, I suggest a Young Dragon as a cohort. It plays well with the Kobolds, and you could even give it levels in Barbarian or Rogue in order to help you flank better.

I will stat them out when I get home.

BRC
2007-11-20, 08:23 AM
Kobold Kommandos, Rock Rock On!

Right then. Well, we need a varied amount of personnel. In an Epic level campaign, as a Rogue, you lack several things. One of them is easy healing magic. A Kobold Cleric of Tiamat can fix that. Her domains are: Destruction, Dragon, Evil, Greed, Hatred, Law, Scalykind, Trickery, and Tyranny.

I recommend the Trickery and Scalykind domains for your Kobold Cleric. Have him use the Cleric Self Buffs to become a Medium sized kobold, and boost his BaB through the roof. However, if you can somehow convince your DM to add Serpent
(http://hyboria.xoth.net/gods/new_domains.htm) Tiamat's domains, it allows Shapechange into Dragons as a 9th level spell.

For some reason, I also have an urge to suggest Druid, especially one that's taken that one feat that lets them change into Dragons.

As a Rogue, you need someone to Flank with you. For this, I suggest a Young Dragon as a cohort. It plays well with the Kobolds, and you could even give it levels in Barbarian or Rogue in order to help you flank better.

I will stat them out when I get home.
Ive already decided my Cohort, a half-dragon sorceror who, fluff wise is actually a full-dragon who's stuck in half-dragon form due to some unstable magic. this is so that at some point the DM can have a plot point where he gains the ability to turn back into a full dragon. The party will proably have some healing somewhere, but theres a chance this is a backstab campaign so it couldn't hurt to have some of my own just to be safe.

TRM
2007-11-20, 08:28 AM
Yub-Yub
Kobold (Small Humanoid (Reptilian)) Swashbuckler 3
HD: 3d10 (32 hp)
Yub-Yub rocks, but how does he have 32 HP at third level?

Ganurath
2007-11-20, 09:23 AM
Compiled within this spoiler is a half-dozen kobolds with plenty of nasty tricks and traps for whoever would seek to hunt down the revolution.-1 L2 Sorceror
Items: pipes of the sewers, 3 scrolls of invisibility, 2 scrolls of silence, club
Spells Known: Detect Magic, Daze, Ghost Sound, Message, Prestidigitation, Sleep, Magic Missile
Abilities: Str 4 Dex 13 Con 10 Int 10 Wis 9 Cha 13
Feat: Skill Focus (Perform)
Skills: Concentration +5, Perform +6, Craft (trapmaking) +3
Notes: Rat familiar

-2 L2 Rogues
Items: Masterwork Artisan's Tools, Small Heavy Crossbow, 20 Bolts, Morningstar, Masterwork Studded Leather, Masterwork Tool (Hide), Thieve's Tools, 4 Tanglefoot Bags, Silken Rope, Grappling Hook, Craft Materials
Abilities:Str 8 Dex 15 Con 8 Int 11 Wis 9 Cha 8
Feat: Improved Initiative
Skills: Craft (trapmaking) +9, Hide +13, Listen +4, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +7, Search +7, Spot +4, Use Rope +7

-2 L3 Rogues
Items: Masterwork Artisan's Tools, Small Heavy Crossbow, 20 Bolts, Morningstar, Masterwork Studded Leather, Masterwork Tool (Hide), Thieve's Tools, Wand of cure light wounds, Craft Materials
Abilities:Str 8 Dex 15 Con 8 Int 11 Wis 9 Cha 8
Feats: Improved Initiative, Quick Reconnoiter (CoAd)
Skills: Craft (trapmaking) +10, Disable Device +8, Hide +14, Listen +5, Move Silently +8, Search +8, Spot +5, Use Magic Device +5

-1 L4 Sorceror Commander
Items: Bracers of Armor +1, 4 scrolls of dispel magic, 5 scrolls of scorching ray, 2 scrolls of sleep, club
Spells Known: Detect Magic, Daze, Ghost Sound, Message, Prestidigitation, Sleep, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Web
Abilities: Str 4 Dex 13 Con 10 Int 10 Wis 9 Cha 14
Feats: Stealthy, Combat Casting
Skills: Concentration +7, Spellcraft +7
Notes: Rat familiar

Favored Tactics:

This dirty half-dozen of kobolds favor a simple, economic trap that combines the basic bear trap premise with a false floor tile cover. If they're anticipating an opponent with altruistic tendencies, however, they'll make a cheap pit trap, cover it with an illusion, and have a caster use ghost sound to simulate cries for help.

The kobolds generally wait in hiding until the trap is sprung before sending a volley of crossbow bolts into the fray, aiming to drop the spellcasters, followed by either whoever got hit by the snapper trap or whoever didn't go into the pit trap, depending on the situation. The commander tends to open with Web, while the other sorceror plays his pipes to summon 1d3 swarms of melee distraction.

On the mobile offensive, things are much more aggressive. The lesser sorceror tends to send swarms ahead under the door to clear out defenders while the trappers work the locks. If there are any survivors left by the time the door's open, some well placed crossbow bolts tend to fix the problem. A well placed Web inhibits reinforcements, and the cure wands prevent casualties as they pursue the objective before an escape is made.

Zim
2007-11-20, 10:05 AM
Night of the million-zillion kobold ninjas!

My kobold character is planning on taking leadership at level 6. He's an artificer, so his cohort is going to be a kobold fighter/knight to serve as a bodyguard. Should be fun with a lance and an effigy fleshraker as a mount! :smallbiggrin:

His low-level goons will be contributing to his economic ventures as crafters and miners (moneymoneymoney!). When the character gets enough levels, there will be kobold mobs (think swarm of kobolds) with longspears to field for key battles.

PS the mob of kobolds stat block can be found in Legend of the Silver Skeleton adventure over at WotC's site. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20061017a

BRC
2007-11-20, 10:42 AM
Hmm, I kind of want to run a Kobold Kommando PbP campaign now, but the only thing I have in terms of rules is the SRD. Though I might be able to pull it off with just that, with anybody who wants to use other rules telling me what they are and being approved on a case-by-case basis.
The big problem would be that the SRD says nothing about how much XP-per-level.

Ganurath
2007-11-20, 10:59 AM
Hmm, I kind of want to run a Kobold Kommando PbP campaign now, but the only thing I have in terms of rules is the SRD. Though I might be able to pull it off with just that, with anybody who wants to use other rules telling me what they are and being approved on a case-by-case basis.Note: The above Kobold Guerilla Squad uses only stuff found in the SRD, using the NPC elite array (13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8) and NPC starting gold. It works on the assumption, however, that you're running nonspecific squads rather than a distinguished individual. If it's an individual, the Combat Trapsmith PrC from Complete Scoundrel is a MUST. A rank in Craft (alchemy) and a single level gives you 2d6 fire damage for floor tiles, with just a full round action to make each tile.

BRC
2007-11-20, 11:02 AM
Note: The above Kobold Guerilla Squad uses only stuff found in the SRD, using the NPC elite array (13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8) and NPC starting gold. It works on the assumption, however, that you're running nonspecific squads rather than a distinguished individual. If it's an individual, the Combat Trapsmith PrC from Complete Scoundrel is a MUST. A rank in Craft (alchemy) and a single level gives you 2d6 fire damage for floor tiles, with just a full round action to make each tile.
Originally my idea was nonspecific squads, but people suggjesting individuals worked too. I might need to find the XP rules somewhere and run that PbP campaign anyway, just because it sounds fun.

Meynolds
2007-11-20, 11:13 AM
Yub-Yub rocks, but how does he have 32 HP at third level?

This is what happens when I don't take ten on my Craft (Character) check. Should be 21.

TheLogman
2007-11-20, 05:09 PM
Kobold Kommandos!

Silent Rip-6th level Kobold Rogue

Kobold, 6th-Level Rogue
Size/Type: Small Humanoid (Reptilian)
Hit Dice: 6d6 (21 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 18 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural, +3 armor), touch 14, 14 flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/-2
Attack: Dagger +3 melee (1d3-2/X2) or +2 Short Bow +10 ranged (1d4+2+1d6 Cold Damage)
Full Attack: Dagger +3 melee (1d3-2/X2) or +2 Short Bow +10 ranged (1d4+2+1d6 Cold Damage)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Sneak Attack +3d6
Special Qualities: Trapfinding, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Trapsense +2 Darkvision 60 ft., light sensitivity
Saves: Ref +11, Fort +3, Will +3
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 16, Con 9, Int 12, Wis 9, Cha 8
Skills: Craft (trapmaking) +12, Hide +18, Listen +9, Move Silently +14, Search +8, Spot +9, Use Rope +12, Tumble +7, Disable Device +11, Profession (Miner) +2.
Feats: Improved Initiative, Stealthy, and Lightening Reflexes.
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure: +1 Leather, +2 Short Bow, 50 Frost Arrows, 5 Potions of Cure Light Wounds, 1 potion of Invisibility, Cloak of Resistance +1, Dust of Tracelessness, and 2 potions of Spider Climb
Alignment: Lawful evil
Level Adjustment: +0

"Silent Rip, you snuck up on me!"
"That's what I do best."

Flashfight-6th level Kobold Cleric of Tiamat (Destruction and Trickery Domains)

Kobold, 6th-Level Cleric
Hit Dice: 6d8 (46 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 26 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +1 natural, +10 armor, +3 shield, +1 Deflection), touch 13, 25 flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/-2
Attack: +1 Mace, Heavy +3 melee (1d6-1/X2)
Full Attack: +1 Mace, Heavy +3 melee (1d6-1/X2)
Special Attacks: Rebuke Undead, Smite once per day for +4 attack and damage
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., light sensitivity
Saves: Ref +3, Fort +5, Will +7
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 13, Con 9, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 8
Skills: Craft (trapmaking) +12, Hide +5, Search +3, Profession (Miner) +4 Heal +11, Knowledge (Religion) +11
Feats: Bonus Turning, Brew Potion, and Improved Initiative.
Spells Prepared 0th level: Detect Magic, Mending, Light, Create Water, Guidance, and Detect Poison. 1st Level: Obscuring Mist, 2 Cure Light Wounds, Magic Weapon, Divine Favor. 2nd Level: 2 Cure Moderate Wounds, Darkness, Summon monster II, Aid. 3rd level: Dispel Magic, 2 Cure Serious Wounds, Wind Wall, . Domain Spells: 1st level: Inflict Light Wounds, 2nd Level: Invisibility, 3rd Level: Shatter
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure: +2 Full Plate, +1 Large Steel shield, +1 Heavy Mace, Ring of Protection +1, 4 Scrolls of Cure Light Wounds, 2 Scrolls of Summon Monster I, and 1 Scroll of Hold Person.

Silent Rip prefers to Hide and sneak up on people, (That's what he does best) until he can hit his enemies with a Sneak Attack. Flashfight prefers to Lead (He's In charge of stuff!), and aid his allies in battle with healing and battlefield control. When not fighting or raiding, they both set up traps, maintain their stronghold, enjoy xtra cold ones, and a little R&R.

Kobold Kommando Foot Soldiers -3rd Level Rangers

Kobold, 3rd Level Ranger
Hit Dice: 3d8 (19 Hp)
Initiative: +6
Armor Class: 16 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +1 natural, +2 armor) touch 13, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-1
Attack: +1 Longbow, +5 Ranged (1d6+1/X2)
Full Attack: +1 Longbow, +5 Ranged (1d6+1/X2)
Special Attacks: Favored Enemy (Humanoid, Human), Combat Style (Ranging): Rapid Shot
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., light sensitivity, Track, Wild Empathy
Saves: Ref +5, Fort +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 9, Wis 11, Cha 8
Skills: Craft (trapmaking) +6, Hide +12, Search +1, Profession (Miner) +2, Spot +6, Handle Animal +5, Listen +6, Spot +6,
Feats: Improved Initiative, Skill Focus (Trapmaking), Endurance(b),
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: Leather Armor, +1 Longbow, 100 Arrows, 2 Potions of Spider Climb, 1 Potion of Invisibility, and 1 Potion of Hiding.

"We're taking heavy losses sir! They have us pinned down! We could really use some..."
"Shouldn't we help him?"
"Nah, he's just one of those Green Helmets, we have like fifty of those."

Basic Kobold Kommandos work hard. They only get breaks on Thanksgiving and Movie night. Sadly, their leaders care very little for the simple footsoldiers. The Kommandos use their Potions of Spider Climb, Hiding, and Invisibility to confound their enemies, lay in wait for new pray, or sneak into places they aren't supposed to get into. In their spare time, they rest in their Barracks, enjoy Movie Night, and build traps.

Finally, for comic Relief...

Reynold, 1st level Expert (Civilian Contractor)

Kobold, 1st Level Expert
Hit Dice: 1d6 (3)
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 14 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +1 natural,) touch 13, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-5
Attack: N/A
Full Attack: N/A
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., light sensitivity, Helpless
Saves: Ref +2, Fort +0, Will +2
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 9, Wis 11, Cha 8
Skills: Profession (Contractor) +7, Hide +10, Listen +4, Spot +4, Move Silently +4, Profession: Miner +2, Search +1, Craft: Trapmaking +1.
Feats: Skill Focus (Profession: Contractor)
Challenge Rating: 1/3
Treasure: Standard

Helpless: Due to the code of the Contractor, the fact he is a civilian, and his overall cowardice, Reynold will not willingly attack anyone or anything, not even if attacked.

"You can't shoot, and you can't fly! If you came with us, you'd prob'ly die!"

Reynold is a Contractor hired by the Kobold Kommandos. He isn't old enough to attend Movie Night, and although he holds more respect than the standard Kommando, he is continually put down by the leaders.

BRC
2007-11-21, 10:09 PM
I'm going to make some trophies for peoples.

Total_Viking_Power
2007-11-21, 11:32 PM
Well this character is a Rouge...
Pun intended?

I know, I know! I'll be the first one against the wall...

Nice idea, hope you like random unqualified approval from insomniacs. Nite!

SoD
2007-11-22, 07:32 AM
Taking your idea of a winged kobold!

Pog, winged kobold rogue 1, barbarian 1.

''You need someone to go ahead?''

Small Monstrous Humanoid (reptilian)
Hit Dice: 1d12+1d6+2 (12 hp)
Speed: 400 ft (60 ft Flying, Manuerverability Perfect)
Armor Class: 20 (+3 studded leather, +1 natural armour, +5 dex, +1 size). Touch 16, flat footed 15.
Attack: great crossbow +7 (2d6, 18-20x2) or morningstar +2 (1d6)
Full Attack: great crossbow +7 (2d6, 18-20x2).
Special Attacks: sneak attack +1d6, rage.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, light sensitivity
Saves: fort +1, ref +6, will 0.
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 9
Skills: Craft (Trapmaking) +7, disable device +9, hide +12, move silently +8, search +4, spot +5, tumble +8, listen +5, survival +1.
Feats: exotic weapon proficiency (great crossbow).
Gear: mwk great crossbow, 50 bolts, morningstar, traplaying gear (whatever that would include), spyglass, trail rations, studded leather. Feel free to equip him with whatever else.

Pog is a cross between a kobold scout and a trapper. His usual job is to go ahead and check the area ahead. A bit nervous and skittish sometimes, this can often serve him well, as he knows exactly how well traps can be hidden. Well versed in the way of traps, he is happy when either making traps of his own, or disabling those ahead. His other frequent job is to set traps in areas already passed, keeping a mental note of what is where and how to disable it. He knows that often this is what stops those attacking from behind. When caught in combat, he flies up above and rains death on those below with his enoumous crossbow.

I created this off the top of my head, without my books, so appologies if it's not exact or if I forgot some stuff. I know there should be more rogue/barbarian abilities...the sources (from memory) that I got my stuff from is: winged template (savage species), great crossbow (races of...the wild? of stone? One of those), I'm pretty sure that's the lot...I think.

Toric
2007-11-22, 12:26 PM
Hmm, if I had time I would try to stat out a Kobold monk named Deekoy. But for now I leave those hard at work with a motivational poster. (http://www.llbbl.com/data/RPG-motivational/target108.html)