PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Stone Elf Race (giving meaning to the phrase "old as dirt")

gooddragon1
2021-10-30, 06:51 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Metastachydium
2021-10-31, 04:34 AM
Stone Vomitting (Ex)

Stone elves have a segmented stomach that can hold up to 1 pound of solid inorganic matter. They may vomit up an object about the weight of a coin (0.02 lbs) at extreme speed with great accuracy over a long distance. This attack follows the same rules as using a thrown weapon with a range increment of 100 feet except that they may choose to add only half their dexterity modifier to hit in exchange for being able to add half their strength modifier to hit (rounded down in each case). The damage dealt by vomiting up a projectile in this fashion is 1d6 plus the strength modifier of the stone elf. Usually, a stone elf will simply swallow a bunch of pebbles after dusting them off (they don't risk disease from this due to the nature of their digestive system). A stone elf can hold these stones in the segmented part of their stomach for as long as needed at no risk of digesting them. However, organic matter cannot be stored in this segmented stomach as it will be broken down over the course of 24 hours.

That's… One weird ability. Flavourful, sure, but weird.
A range increment of 100' sounds like overkill, though.

Darkvision (Ex)

Stone elves have darkvision out to 120 feet.

Are these things subterranean?

Favored Class: Sorcerer or Battle Sorcerer.

I don't know. The race has zero synergy with sorcerer (as does wild elf, of course, but why should we make the same mistakes as the official books?). Is there some fluff reason for this?

Adulthood: 25 years

That's absurdly low given that they are a.) elves and b.) elves with a life expectancy of over 10000 years.

(The funny thing is, I also made a stone elf race a year back or so for a setting. They formed a small network of kraterocratic tribes that practiced cannibalism, ate their fallen opponents and waged an annoying guerilla warfare on the whole world from their mountain homeland. Their physical appearance was similar to that of your stone elves (grey skin, black hair), but they didn't have gimmicks like ypur stone vomiting thing. I was basically gunning for a "normal elf, but adapted for mountain warfare" kind of thing.
In case you're interested, they had the following traits and vital statistics:

+2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution.
Medium size.
A stone elf' base land speed is 25 feet. It also has a climb speed of 10 feet.
Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
Low-Light Vision: A stone elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks. Stone elves have a +2 racial bonus on Hide checks made in rocky areas.
Resistance to cold 5.
Favored Class: Scout.

Adulthood: 60 years
Middle Age: 150 years
Old Age: 240 years
Venerable Age: 400 years
Maximum age: +1d100 years

Male and Female Base Height: 4'; height modifier: +2d6
Base weight (male and female): 80 lb.; weight modifier: ×(1d6) lb.)

gooddragon1
2021-10-31, 08:00 AM
That's… One weird ability. Flavourful, sure, but weird.
A range increment of 100' sounds like overkill, though.

Are these things subterranean?

I don't know. The race has zero synergy with sorcerer (as does wild elf, of course, but why should we make the same mistakes as the official books?). Is there some fluff reason for this?

That's absurdly low given that they are a.) elves and b.) elves with a life expectancy of over 10000 years.

(The funny thing is, I also made a stone elf race a year back or so for a setting. They formed a small network of kraterocratic tribes that practiced cannibalism, ate their fallen opponents and waged an annoying guerilla warfare on the whole world from their mountain homeland. Their physical appearance was similar to that of your stone elves (grey skin, black hair), but they didn't have gimmicks like ypur stone vomiting thing. I was basically gunning for a "normal elf, but adapted for mountain warfare" kind of thing.
In case you're interested, they had the following traits and vital statistics:

+2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution.
Medium size.
A stone elf' base land speed is 25 feet. It also has a climb speed of 10 feet.
Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
Low-Light Vision: A stone elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks. Stone elves have a +2 racial bonus on Hide checks made in rocky areas.
Resistance to cold 5.
Favored Class: Scout.

Adulthood: 60 years
Middle Age: 150 years
Old Age: 240 years
Venerable Age: 400 years
Maximum age: +1d100 years

Male and Female Base Height: 4'; height modifier: +2d6
Base weight (male and female): 80 lb.; weight modifier: ×(1d6) lb.)

Overkill, but fun.

Yes subterranean.

Battle sorcerer is better imo for fighting than a wizard.

It's level adjustment +1, I figured I could take some artistic license with the aging and a few things.