PDA

View Full Version : I love and support the Giant

Dimitri
2007-11-18, 01:12 AM
I really don't think that it get's said enough: Rich Burlew is an awesome artist and is doing a fantastic job!

We're here for you, Giant. :biggrin:

VetMichael
2007-11-18, 01:33 AM
I also would like to add my thanks to Rich as well. I have NEVER laughed so hard when reading ANYTHING poking fun at D&D. I also love the characters, the story arcs, and the understated, yet sophisticated art.

THANKS RICH!

Santiago
2007-11-18, 01:39 AM
Ditto!

OOTS has made D&D more fun to play for me because of OOTS. I can reference things in our campaign to OOTS and vice versa. :smallbiggrin:

Kayvaan
2007-11-18, 05:46 AM
Here, here! OotS is the highlight of my webcomics and I reckon that EVERYONE who watches this forum should be posting here. Rich should constantly hear of how much we appreciate and enjoy his tireless work, even when he's sick.

Thank you so much Rich! :smallsmile:

mago
2007-11-18, 07:02 AM
amen brothers

Wolfman42666
2007-11-18, 07:09 AM
Heck oots makes me want to play D&D! You rock Mr. Burlew
too bad I can't find anyone willing to play D&D

rickvoid
2007-11-18, 11:48 AM
His dedication to putting this stuff out and putting up with us, his readers, and our stupid theories for things like "How can we get Miko back?" and "I think Therkla is really a shapechanged half-fiend dire moose" is the reason why I bought not only Origin and SoD, but the collections too.

He's more than earned my money, and when books -2 and 3 come out, I'll be picking those up too.

(No, I don't have any inside information on whether or not there will be a -2, what it will be about, or when it will be released. I am, however, hoping for a Greenhilt family based book, delving into their proud fighter heritage, with the occasional glimpse into the childhoods of the other members of the OoTS. And the title needs to be "It's not easy being Green(hilt)".)

((Yes, whoever thought that up, I stole it. Deal with it. :smalltongue: ))

Mauve Shirt
2007-11-18, 11:57 AM
Hear hear!
I've never been a roleplayer of any sort, but OOTS and this forum have made me want to pick it up. Congratulations, I'm a converted nerd. :smallbiggrin:

Strengfellow
2007-11-18, 12:05 PM
All we need now is some scaffolding and we could re-point his foundations and scrape the pigeon droppings from his ears.

VetMichael
2007-11-18, 01:15 PM
I have a step-ladder

de-trick
2007-11-18, 01:30 PM
(thumbs up)

best web comic ever

start slow clap

mockingbyrd7
2007-11-19, 12:24 AM
Rich, your comic rocks my world! I appreciate all of your work so much, and I treasure each and every strip. I know, I'm such a dork, but the day Order of the Stick ends is the day I die.

(Pssssst... I want to live! Keep writing! :smalltongue:)

Angafirith
2007-11-19, 12:45 AM
I have a step-ladder
You need to stop judging things based on narrow-minded cultural assumptions.

I just want to say that this is my favorite webcomic and has been for quite some time. After a frustrating experience with D&D in high school (around when 3.5 was released), I finally gave it another try a few months ago. All because of this comic.

Vectner
2007-11-19, 12:47 AM
Huzzah! I love this comic, totally hooked. I completely appreciate Rich's love and dedication to his art. :smallbiggrin:
Thank you!

Sequinox
2007-11-19, 11:22 PM
LOVE THIS COMIC!

Thanks for it all, Giant. :smallsmile:

osyluth
2007-11-20, 12:31 AM
This is a wonderful comic, I personally know someone who started playing D&D so they could understand it. THANK YOU, Giant:smallbiggrin:

VetMichael
2007-11-20, 01:09 AM
You need to stop judging things based on narrow-minded cultural assumptions.

Is that because you're a Dwarf in the Playground? I could give you a boost to reach the high places, if you want. :smallwink:

BTW: I hope you get better soon Rich! sorry to hear about your elbow - I hate ice, that's why I moved somewhere (marginally) warmer, so you TOTALLY have my sympathy :smallbiggrin:

The Extinguisher
2007-11-20, 01:21 AM
I don't. I'm not allowed to anymore.

Restraining orders and all that.

Sesquedoodle
2007-11-20, 03:15 PM
Giant--
I started playing D&D after reading your comic. Seeing a new page is one of the highlights of my week. I hope your elbow gets better soon, and that your storytelling reaches even greater heights of excellence. :smallbiggrin:

Angafirith
2007-11-20, 03:41 PM
Is that because you're a Dwarf in the Playground? I could give you a boost to reach the high places, if you want.

It's a reference to the Phoenix Wright series of games. There's always a stepladder that when examined, leads to a certain dialogue. A stripped down version follows:

1: It's a ladder.
2: It's a STEP-ladder.
1: You need to stop judging things based on narrow-minded cultural assumptions.

So, as soon as someone said stepladder, I decided to quote it. I found it funny, at least.

Additionally, I had no idea I had become some sort of dwarf. Huh.

VetMichael
2007-11-20, 04:22 PM
It's a reference to the Phoenix Wright series of games. There's always a stepladder that when examined, leads to a certain dialogue. A stripped down version follows:

1: It's a ladder.
2: It's a STEP-ladder.
1: You need to stop judging things based on narrow-minded cultural assumptions.

So, as soon as someone said stepladder, I decided to quote it. I found it funny, at least.

Additionally, I had no idea I had become some sort of dwarf. Huh.

Ah! I had missed the reference. Now I remember the games, thanks for the jaunt down memory lane :smallwink:

And yes, you are currently a "Dwarf in the Playground" (it says so right there above your avatar :smalltongue: )

#Raptor
2007-11-20, 04:30 PM
Is that because you're a Dwarf in the Playground? I could give you a boost to reach the high places, if you want. :smallwink:
Said the pixie... :smallamused: :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Dang it, im a pixie too. :smallannoyed: