PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Squad!

Jolly Steve
2007-11-18, 01:13 AM
A few days out of port, the ship is thrown off course by a terrible storm, and runs aground on one of the many unknown reefs in the White Sea. The sea vomits many pieces of flotsam on to the beach, including yourselves.

Jolly Steve
2007-11-18, 01:21 AM
Your gear has all washed on to shore with you. You might want to assume that you had more stuff, but that it got lost in the wreck.

Viginti_tres
2007-11-18, 01:59 AM
The stench greeted my senses before the sight truly took hold. I reached up and scraped the bow and seaweed from my hair. Its usual blond now a dark brown with just a hint of green.

Looking down i realized that my leg was slightly injured. Trust me to still get hurt in what seemed to be a god assisted escape from harm.My red robe clung to my body but seemed to be already drying from the sun. I had no possessions to worry about, so i was ready.

I eventually got my bearings and stood up. Grabbing what was left of what appeared to be my room and what may have actually been a plank of wood, i set off towards the closest person i could find using it as support.

On the way i looked inland to see if there was anything worth noting.

[roll0]

lostlittlebear
2007-11-18, 04:38 AM
Generic looks up around him.

His blue eyes are well framed by his blond hair (which somehow is still standing on end despite their wetness), and his bulging muscles somehow manage to ripple despite their concealment by bulky chainmail.

Picking up his 10 foot long zanbatto/katana/overlyhugebastardsword/dualscimitar, he jabs it into the sand before him.

Saying a prayer to Typical, the god of good and light, he stands up and cries out in a deep, manly voice, (as dramatic music plays in the background and lighting crashes)

"I, Generic the Lastnameless One, swear that I will avenge tis greatest insult, and restore the Cliche to this cursed world!"

F.L.
2007-11-18, 04:26 PM
Skvar the Skald slowly swims to shore.

A black haired, brown eyed middle aged man with a bulbous red nose paddles shoreward holding onto a sea chest. He wears only a pair of pants.
As he arrives ashore, he opens the sea chest, uncorks and finishes off the contents of a small barrel, and puts on a chainmail shirt. This is followed by a belt, a backpack, and some other gear. He begins to play some pan pipes and look towards the rest of the flotsam drifting in.

Jolly Steve
2007-11-18, 05:06 PM
I eventually got my bearings and stood up. Grabbing what was left of what appeared to be my room and what may have actually been a plank of wood, i set off towards the closest person i could find using it as support.

On the way i looked inland to see if there was anything worth noting.

You can see the other two obviously. There's someone near you, an old dwarf woman, but when you get closer you can see that she's dead. She has a head wound, and you guess that she must have been knocked unconscious and drowned.

Looking inland the beach quickly turns into dense forest.

The main thing you can hear, other than Generic, is the sound of birds and insects coming from the forest, louder than anything you'd hear at home.

jojobulu
2007-11-18, 05:21 PM
Sarah lifts her small 3’3” body to its full height then shakes vigorously to remove the water. Sarah pushes her dark hair out of her face and looks over the island with dark searching eyes. Then begins to pick up her stuff and whatever stray stuff she finds lying around.

Sarah stops for a moment listening to the sounds of the island. “Seems like there’s lots of bugs here, at least we won’t starve.”

Viginti_tres
2007-11-18, 05:31 PM
"Can you see any other survivors" i yelled while walking towards Sarah. Stopping on the way to make sure the musical man was alright.

I glanced towards the warrior type, but figured he would be fine and so i let him finish his soliloquy.

"Anyone need healing? Anyone have a plan? I asked exasperated. This couldn't be happening now, not when i was so close.

F.L.
2007-11-19, 06:37 AM
"I see something that survived". I then move out into the flotsam and begin pulling on some robes covered in intricate patterns.

jojobulu
2007-11-20, 11:27 PM
Sarah will help Skvard pull the survivor out of the water.

Jolly Steve
2007-11-21, 04:01 AM
"I see something that survived". I then move out into the flotsam and begin pulling on some robes covered in intricate patterns..

Sarah will help Skvard pull the survivor out of the water.

It turns out that they're just robes. But very fine robes they are; three of them, each covered in a different, intricate pattern. They don't seem to be torn. But obviously clothes like these aren't designed to be worn in the water.

Viginti_tres
2007-11-21, 04:07 AM
"Night is soon approaching, i know i hold no authority over you but if i do hold some sway i would suggest we travel inland."

I said as i walked towards the forest. Without turning back to face them i continue.

"I am going in either way, but your company would be greatly appreciated."

jojobulu
2007-11-21, 01:23 PM
Sarah yells to Konsgiver. “Hold on a minute. Let us gather up what useful items can be found on this beach before we go. It will only take a few minutes.”

“Skvard gather up these robes and I’ll check on her” Sarah says pointing to the dead woman.

Sarah will go and search dead woman and then join Konsgiver.

Viginti_tres
2007-11-22, 06:12 PM
" Check on her then. Although i would much prefer it if you simply stated your actual meaning. Loot her that is. I said.

Looking down at the sand on the beach i saw an interesting shell. I picked it up and examined it while the others slowly progressed through there duties.I stood with one ear always listening to the sounds of nature coming from the jungle, they just seemed so unnatural.

F.L.
2007-11-25, 03:05 PM
Skvar pulls the robes from the water, and places them on the beach to dry.

jojobulu
2007-11-25, 06:00 PM
" Check on her then. Although i would much prefer it if you simply stated your actual meaning. Loot her that is. I said.

“I’d prefer not to spend my island vacation listen to your snarky attitude so lose it.”

Viginti_tres
2007-11-26, 02:19 AM
"Well no one said you had to spend it with me. Stay here by yourself if you will. However i wouldn't suspect it would be long before you started hearing voices, a rustling in the jungle and before long you would have given your life to this place." I said looking Sarah in the eyes

"While i don't necessarily like you and you me. I wouldn't want to see that happen. Plus I'm sure you have your uses, fodder and such."

"You just about done looting" I said with a wry smile

"..And are you just about done luting. Well i was never good with instruments but i think thats a lute, or is a lute a harp? No matter" I rambled towards the drunk little man

"And well him, he can stay here if he wants. I think he is too deep in his monologue to hear us anyway." I laughed.

Throwing the shell from one hand to another for a second i thought about the current situation for a while, before pocketing it and making my way towards the treeline.

jojobulu
2007-11-26, 03:18 AM
Wondering how anyone can grow to adulthood without ever learning simple manners, Sarah walks over to Skvard, lays the robe she found beside the others, and sits down.

Jolly Steve
2007-11-26, 04:05 AM
The robes all seem to be good quality. From left to right, they are:

'Sarah's robe' is orange, and is covered in a pattern of black crowns.

The next robe is purple, covered in a black pattern of peacocks.

The next robe is black, covered in a pattern of purple lion's heads, facing left.

The final robe is black.

Viginti_tres
2007-11-26, 04:27 AM
After i noticed that the others weren't following me i turned back from the tree line and trying to hide the fact that i was afraid to go in alone i cited the cold as my reason for walking back.

"If no-one minds i think i will grab that lion headed robe, i could use the warmth. I haven't quite dried yet and umm..." I grabbed the robe and sat on the beach to examine it for a while. The lions were brave and fierce looking and so i decided to put it on.

F.L.
2007-11-26, 09:40 PM
"Hey, who said you could have any of these robes? I spied them in the water, and I pulled them to shore. By rights, this salvage is mine. But if you had anything to drink, I wouldn't mind trading. If you think a tavern stands in those trees, foolish fop, lead on. And if the trees hold only death for the brave, or better a tale to tell, lead on faster."

Viginti_tres
2007-11-27, 01:57 AM
"Well i did ask. Really though are you going to need all these coats. Would you rather we said it was on loan. It is yours still but i just wear it.

Then in the first tavern we reach i will buy you a drink and the transaction will be complete." I said, arms flailing.

"I do think there will be quite a story to tell if any of us get out with working lips."

F.L.
2007-11-27, 07:01 AM
That deal sounds fair. When we have pillaged this patch of wilderness, all debts shall be repaid in wine and song and celebration."

jojobulu
2007-11-28, 03:37 PM
Sarah stands and dusts herself off. Then she picks up her robe and shakes it out. At first she puts it around her shoulders admiring the colors, but the robe is to big for Sarah so she takes it off, folds it up, and stuffs it into her backpack.

Sarah walks over to Konsgiver and pats him on the back in a friendly way. “Are we off then?”

Sarah looks to the others to make sure they are ready to go then heads toward the forest.

Viginti_tres
2007-11-29, 05:14 AM
"I've been ready since we first arrived on this god forsaken land" I said staring down at the lions on the robe, entranced momentarily.

"'What do we do about him? I said pointing towards the silhouette of Generic."This place is no ordinary reef and i would hazard a guess the reason it remains unknown is because of that.

However i can see no other option than to venture deeper into the abyss" I said gazing worriedly into the jungle, as what i think were eyes gazed back.

Jolly Steve
2007-11-30, 12:38 AM
"Pah! I, Generic the Lastnameless One, need no nursemaids! I shall take my revenge.....alone!"

He stomps off along the beach.

F.L.
2007-11-30, 06:54 AM
"Damned fool! Are you looking to be a monster's meal? Don't you need someone there to see your heroic revenge and to sing of it for the ages?" Skvar packs the remaining robes into his backpack, and starts to follow the fool, holding an unlit torch and pan pipes in his hands.

Viginti_tres
2007-11-30, 08:29 PM
With a sigh i looked towards Sarah.

"Well it looks like our walk through the forest will have to be postponed."

"I am almost certain he requested he go alone, i for one was willing to oblige but it seems out of my hands now. You want to join us? I exclaimed and began to trudge along after the others.

jojobulu
2007-11-30, 10:02 PM
With a sigh i looked towards Sarah.

You want to join us? I exclaimed and began to trudge along after the others.
"Why Not?"

Jolly Steve
2007-12-01, 01:52 AM
You follow the barbarian along the beach. He looks behind, but doesn't acknowledge you other than to start walking faster. Shaking your head, you follow him.

The beach soon turns into pebbles, then rocks, then bigger rocks. The terrain starts to rise. You find yourselves clambering over slippery boulders, with the sea crashing into the cliff below you.

Viginti_tres
2007-12-01, 02:09 AM
"Where does he think he is going? You see now where niceties get you, a cliff. " I said looking down at the frothing water slowly eroding the fragile enough land.

"How long do you reckon we should keep this up? Should we just keep going till one of us falls to our death?"

The robe felt heavy on my shoulders but i couldn't bring myself to take it off, so i continued walking and climbing fingering the shell in my pocket forcefully until it broke in my palm.

F.L.
2007-12-01, 07:51 AM
(Casting luck repeatedly to assist others and myself with any climbing there is to do. This is what it looks/sounds like)

Skvar begins singing part of the saga of Vandrig and the Dragon, in particular where Vandrig is climbing the high mountains to reach the dragon.

"...and losing his rope and loosing his hook,
one last time at the ground he looks.
He climbs the wall with sword and knife,
for the dragon had stolen his good wife...."

etc.

jojobulu
2007-12-02, 12:56 PM
Moving cautiously up the rocks Sarah stops and pushes the hair out of her face. “Just let him go Skvard. He doesn’t want to hang out with us.”

F.L.
2007-12-02, 04:27 PM
"Damn his eyes then. It's a shame he's lost to the wilderness, but I'll not let this untamed land claim the rest of us."

Viginti_tres
2007-12-03, 02:23 AM
"I like that logic. I know i thought he was going the wrong way, but i have no ideas as to what the right way is." I said.

"Any directional preferences?"

Jolly Steve
2007-12-03, 04:33 AM
http://www.apolitical.info/webgame/map1.jpg

Jolly Steve
2007-12-03, 07:14 AM
Generic disappears from view.

jojobulu
2007-12-03, 03:49 PM
“Maybe we can get a better view of the island from up here. “ Sarah will look over the forest and the beach, searching for signs of civilization, or anything interesting.

Viginti_tres
2007-12-04, 01:28 AM
Strange, i thought as i looked down at my robe, but no matter.

"We have no way off the island where we are so our best bet is to head inland and through to the other side. See what we can find." I said.

F.L.
2007-12-04, 07:01 AM
(If Sarah is climbing, use Luck on her)

jojobulu
2007-12-04, 01:16 PM
(If Sarah is climbing, use Luck on her)

Sarah will climb to the top of the cliff to see if she can get a better view.

jojobulu
2007-12-05, 10:20 PM
Sarah comes back down the high cliff panting. Looking at the others she points inland. “I couldn’t tell how big the island is but there is some sort of building in that direction.”

Sarah sits down on a rock and waves toward the beach. “There is a trail back on the beach that leads into the jungle. I saw movement on the trial."

"Beyond the beach there are more cliffs like these. On those cliffs I saw smoke. Just passed the smoke there is a ship wrecked on the rocks. It is not our ship.“

Looking up at the darkening sky Sarah stands. “We should get off these cliffs. We can decide where to go once we are at the bottom.”

Viginti_tres
2007-12-06, 02:10 AM
"Where there is smoke there will be fire, and where there is a boat there might be a way off this island. So that is my vote" I said while struggling down the cliffs.

F.L.
2007-12-06, 06:45 AM
"Let's leave for that building." (Oh, and why struggle down a cliff when you can recieve a luck spell? Since I believe Viginte_Tres character has the lowest explorer dice in this group, help him.)

Jolly Steve
2007-12-07, 03:09 AM
You all make it safely back to the beach, where you're faced with the choice of heading towards the building on top of the hill (whether that be via the trail or directly through the jungle), or towards the rocks at the other end of the beach, where Sarah said she saw the shipwreck and the plume of smoke.

jojobulu
2007-12-07, 03:48 AM
"I think we should take the trail. It is a sing of civilization, I saw someone on it, and it probably leads to the building. Plus I am tired of climbing rocks today. We can go and see who is camped on the cliffs tomorrow."

Viginti_tres
2007-12-07, 03:52 AM
"Well ok, i guess if we make it through to tomorrow the boat will too.

But if anything goes wrong it is on you bard." I spoke glancing around the path.

Jolly Steve
2007-12-08, 02:26 AM
You set off along the path. You're grateful that it's getting cooler as evening draws on. It's also surprising how much the jungle shades you from the hot sun.

PS should've also said - you find the path easily enough once you know it's there.

jojobulu
2007-12-08, 05:15 PM
Sarah whispers to the others, “Something’s wrong. It’s to quiet around here. Remember all the birds and bugs we heard when we were on the beach. I don’t here them now. “

F.L.
2007-12-12, 07:11 AM
"Or it could be that the wildlife stops making noise as the day ends. You worry too much."

jojobulu
2007-12-12, 06:23 PM
"Perhaps. I’m going to take a few steps into the jungle and investigate more.”

Without waiting for a reply Sarah moves off the trail and into the jungle.

Viginti_tres
2007-12-13, 02:31 AM
"One can Never worry too much. Speaking of which, when walking into a mysterious jungle, especially one that only a minute ago had you freaked, don't walk in alone." I said while briskly catching up with Sarah, eventually taking the lead.

"We have already lost one of our small enough number, and the worst seems yet to come. You better join us too Skvar, Keep an eye out." I said . The jungle growing thicker, the building closer.

F.L.
2007-12-13, 06:58 AM
Skvar tries to hustle and follow the others.

Viginti_tres
2007-12-14, 06:12 AM
I stare in disbelief and am unable to move momentarily. My judgment returns to me just as i hear something approach me from behind.

"Skvar , Sarah! Stay close to me." I say, the tone of my voice fluctuates with my state of emotions.

"Who , or what are you?" I question the three while turning to see what is coming at us from the rear.

Worried at what this may come to i ready my mind. Power wells in my hand, sparking from finger to finger, waiting for the first and last sign that this bad situation we were in had gotten worse.

jojobulu
2007-12-15, 08:31 PM
Sarah fires her bow at the charging wild man. “Konsgiver! Behind You!”

F.L.
2007-12-15, 09:24 PM
I try to cast luck to aid Konsgiver's spell's damage.

Viginti_tres
2007-12-17, 03:25 AM
Staring at the new figure emerging from the foliage in front of me i waited for one of these things to respond.

Hearing Sarah's cry i quickly turned as fast as i could, My body responded better than expected and as soon as i felt stable i released the power welled in my digits. The canopy above was temporarily lit up.

I felt empty inside as my body struggled to recover from such a harsh loss of energy. Managing to look up i squinted into the jungle, looking to see if the threat still remained.

Lighting:[roll0]

Jolly Steve
2007-12-18, 07:35 AM
Konsgiver turns around at Sarah's shouted warning. He points at the running figure, who is almost on him, and lightning flies from his fingers just as the thing slashes at his face with its long fingernails.

The blast knocks the thing backwards. There is a smell, as of cooked meat. All three things scream. They sound exactly like startled crows. Then they turn, and run into the forest.

It seems as if Konsgiver is unharmed. Then, slowly, he slumps to the ground, dead.

jojobulu
2007-12-19, 03:10 PM
Sarah looks at Skvard. "Those guys where mean. Let's get out of this jungle before they come back."

Jolly Steve
2007-12-20, 03:51 AM
Suddenly Konsgiver's eyes open. He coughs and gasps for air. You cunningly conclude that he wasn't dead after all.

Viginti_tres
2007-12-20, 04:59 AM
Slowly opening my eyes i lay on the ground for a few seconds stunned before leaping up and almost attacking Skvard.

After regaining my bearings i turned to the others and said "I could hear you. As soon as i hit the ground you were happily rid of me. Did you not think to bury me, or at least to check my pulse?"

"You wonder why i don't respect people, well its because they leave you dead in the middle of a forest."

Looking towards the ground i attempted to find any trace of a trail that i could follow. Not finding anything i turned to the others.

"I'm normally a great tracker, but ahh i am a little groggy still and my visions a bit blurry. Do you think you could have a look for me?"

I pulled the robe tighter around my body. Whatever that thing was i knew i was going to kill it, the urge for vengeance was overpowering.

Its only fair, it did kill me first.

jojobulu
2007-12-21, 07:17 PM
Sarah smiles laughing a little as Konsgiver complains, but then begins to shake her head when he get to the part about tracking the wild-men down. “I don’t think that’s a good idea. They probably went home and considering how easily they whipped you I don’t think the three of us could handle a whole village full.”

Viginti_tres
2007-12-22, 03:40 AM
"From the looks of it i didn't do to badly. I'm fine now and i think i got him pretty good. I can't take them on my own though, so I'm happy to wait. That wont be the last of it though. " I said angrily.

Calming i looked up at my fellow castaways.Where to then? Do we continue along the path, knowing that it may lead to more of...um.. whatever they are?

jojobulu
2007-12-24, 11:10 PM
Sarah looks up at the sky. "It's going to be dark in about an hour. We should look for a place to make camp."

jojobulu
2007-12-27, 08:16 PM
"Let's go back to the trail and get as far away from this spot as we can in the next hour. Will make camp at sundown. It's not going to be cold tonight so we should be fine outside."

"Would you guys rather go farther inland or back toward the beach?"

Viginti_tres
2007-12-27, 09:43 PM
"Well we have made it this far alright so i see no need to backtrack." I said.

"We must be getting close now anyway."

Jolly Steve
2007-12-28, 01:01 AM
You head back to the path and keep walking up the path. Almost immediately, you hear human voices on the path ahead of you.

F.L.
2007-12-28, 02:04 PM
Skvar tries to be quiet and listens.

Viginti_tres
2007-12-28, 11:09 PM
With a sigh i leaned in trying to hear the voices, while remaining hidden and quiet myself.

jojobulu
2007-12-29, 01:23 AM
Sarah plants herself in the middle of the trail and draws her sword.

Jolly Steve
2007-12-29, 05:02 AM
A tall elf walks around the corner and stops. She draws her rapier and shouts "I found them!"

Viginti_tres
2007-12-29, 06:54 AM
I looked up at the intruder, stunned. I recalled how this all went down last time and backed behind Skvar and keeping an eye on Sarah.

"Be quiet!" I yelled, before realizing the irony.

"We aren't worth the trouble we would cause.
Whoever you are and whatever the reason you wanted to find us, both are inadequate. We are three adventurers and you are simply one. " I spoke, trying my best to intimidate.

I continued "However we are not always merciless. If you were to turn your back and leave, I'm sure we would allow it."

Gazing intently at the stranger I wiped one hand down the side of my robe, the other held in front of me, ready.

If the Elf makes any hostile movements with the Rapier / Turns its back to me or any other sign of weakness i would like to Defend Myself / Attack.

I will try and get the magic right this time.

To Cast :[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

However if the elf initiates dialog only then i would like to continue that first.

Jolly Steve
2007-12-29, 08:20 AM
Two almost identical humans appear on the path behind her.

She stares at you.

"Well...right then. That's your final word is it?"

F.L.
2007-12-29, 10:19 AM
"No, I think my final words will be 'pour me another one, I can handle it.' Much as I'd enjoy a glorious battle right now, surely survival's hard enough on this island? Why were you looking for us? Are you also survivors of a shipwreck?"

Jolly Steve
2007-12-29, 04:12 PM
"Yes actually, we are."

jojobulu
2007-12-29, 04:31 PM
Sarah puts her sword away. "Let's be friends?"

Jolly Steve
2007-12-30, 03:15 AM
The elf doesn't. "You should come with us."

jojobulu
2007-12-30, 05:36 AM
"Where? Why? Quit being so mysterious and just tell us what you want."

Jolly Steve
2007-12-30, 11:20 AM
"Look, it's getting on for dark. We've got to get back to the village. If you want to come with us we should leave now."

Viginti_tres
2007-12-30, 05:28 PM
I lowered my hand while eying the newcomers suspiciously.

"So are you actually giving us a choice? or just the illusion of one?" i asked.

"I'm guessing that means you're not going to do what Sarah asked and tell us something. Well i will go wherever these two want, we stick together." I said while gesturing at Sarah and Skvar.

"What do you guys think?"

F.L.
2007-12-31, 12:21 AM
"I say we should go to even the hint of a warm fire and a hot meal, and follow them."

jojobulu
2007-12-31, 05:18 PM
Sarah looks at the elf. "Quit pointing your sword at me and I'll be happy to come with you. Otherwise I'm going to assume you want to fight."

Jolly Steve
2008-01-01, 06:13 AM
She lowers it a bit.

"You put yours down first."

jojobulu
2008-01-02, 06:29 PM
(I put it away a few posts ago)
Satisfied that the elf and her friends are not going to attack, Sarah agrees to go to the camp.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-04, 09:07 AM
(sorry, so you did).

The elf and the two human women gesture for you to take the lead, and you set off down the path.

jojobulu
2008-01-05, 03:20 AM
Wary of having strangers at her back, Sarah will walk slowly and let the new comers over take her.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-05, 01:31 PM
They slow down to keep you ahead of them.

jojobulu
2008-01-05, 04:51 PM
Rali turns to her new friends, "You guys should take the lead. We don't know where we are going."

Jolly Steve
2008-01-05, 08:54 PM
Hmm..OK, one of you walk up the front with us, the rest can follow".

F.L.
2008-01-06, 08:12 PM
(I'll walk in front, I'm armored)

F.L.
2008-01-06, 08:22 PM
grr, double post.

(I'll walk in front, I'm armored)

Jolly Steve
2008-01-06, 11:33 PM
"All right...we have to hurry, it's getting dark."

You notice that it is, indeed, a lot darker. The noise from the forest has changed - a lot less birds, a lot more insects.

You set off along the path. It winds through the forest.

After a while, you hear heavy, padding noises, coming from behind you.

jojobulu
2008-01-07, 01:13 PM
Sarah hides in the bushes at the edge of the trail and readies her bow.

Viginti_tres
2008-01-07, 10:58 PM
I mimic Sarah's actions, however in the inverse bushes.

All to aware of the danger caused by, whatever those things are i am all to willing to let others do the fighting this time.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-07, 11:08 PM
The elf and the other two women stop.

"what are you doing?"

F.L.
2008-01-08, 07:28 AM
"It looks like they've heard something following us. I hear it too now." I'll stand behind the elf and the two women, in the thing that's following's path, as I'm armored.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-09, 05:00 AM
thump, thump, thump, thump - the sound gets louder and louder.

Finally, around the corner comes a huge lizard, as big as a horse, with smoke coming from its nostrils.

jojobulu
2008-01-10, 03:12 PM
Sarah takes careful aim, at the charging creature, with her bow. Sarah will fire into the creature's side as it passes her.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-11, 10:07 PM
The lizard stops.

The elf raises her rapier.

The two humans seem to be preparing spells.

The lizard takes a breath, and shoots flame at Skvar.

Skvar steps out the way.

The bushes next to him start burning.

F.L.
2008-01-11, 10:17 PM
"I hate to break it to you, little lizard, but today isn't your lucky day."

(Cast luck against the lizard's next action)

Jolly Steve
2008-01-11, 10:25 PM
Skvar sings a short verse cursing the beast, but trails off as it's obviously not affected.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-11, 10:47 PM
One of the wizards raises her hands, and Skvar's armour glows with eldritch light.

jojobulu
2008-01-12, 02:44 AM
Sarah will fire at the lizard with her bow.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-12, 03:38 AM
Sarah fires an arrow from her cover. It bounces harmlessly off the lizard's hide.

Enraged, the lizard breathes fire at the clump of bushes.

F.L.
2008-01-12, 09:27 AM
Skvar's next available action will be to close with and attack the lizard with an unlit torch.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-12, 12:01 PM
Skvar rushes at the beast and hits it with a torch. It seems to have no effect.

jojobulu
2008-01-13, 07:47 PM
Sneaking along the tree line Sarah moves behind the fire breathing lizard and tries to attack it from behind. With her sword.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 12:46 AM
Sarah runs silently through the bushes. But so intent is she on the lizard that she trips over a treestump and falls on her face.

jojobulu
2008-01-14, 05:11 PM
Sarah will get back up and try again.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 10:24 PM
The elvish swordswoman closes with the lizard, and stabs at it with her rapier. It sinks deep into the flesh of the beast.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 10:33 PM
The enraged animal bites into the glowing form of Skvar. His aura shatters into thousands of small pieces, which briefly scatter like a cloud of butterflies, then disappear.

Viginti_tres
2008-01-16, 06:08 AM
After seeing Skvar so effortlessly struck down i decided to come out of hiding.

Walking towards the great beast i unleashed with all my strength a bolt of lightning.

Without pause i continued walking until i got to the side of Skvar,then i stopped to help him up.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-16, 06:56 AM
A bolt of lightning arcs from Konsgiver's hand, into the lizard.

The lizard stares at him, as if surprised to meet something that could harm it, however slightly.

jojobulu
2008-01-18, 05:09 AM
Back on her feet, Sarah will once again try to sneak up behind the lizard and attack it.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-18, 09:14 AM
(OOC: Skvar, your 'move')

Jolly Steve
2008-01-27, 07:57 AM
Skvar beats at the monster's head with a torch, to no apparent effect.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-27, 08:01 AM
Sarah moves more carefully through the trees, ending up behind the monster.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-27, 08:12 AM
A dagger flies from the bushes behind Konsgiver, narrowly missing both him and the lizard, and wedging itself into a tree.

jojobulu
2008-01-28, 09:45 PM
Sarah quickly looks the beast over for a soft spot and attacks with her sword.

Viginti_tres
2008-01-29, 05:18 AM
Distracted by the seemingly unbeatable creature in front of me i reacted way too slowly to doge the knife. Luckily it missed, but i realized that i might not be as blessed next time.

So i spun towards the bush's after again bolting the beast. It's monotonous but it seems to be the only thing that works.

As i inched towards the shrubbery i called out to Skvar and Sarah "I don't think that's working. We need to think of a good plan, if whatever is behind here isn't a friendly face then i think a good plan would be to run."

"Any Takers?"

Jolly Steve
2008-01-30, 03:26 AM
This time the lightning hits the lizard right between the eyes. Its skin smokes slightly.

The lizard opens its mouth and breathes fire at Konsgiver. For a second he's surrounded by flame. Then it's gone, but his skin is red and puffed, as if boiling water had been thrown on him. You deduce that he's pretty badly hurt. Also because of the screaming.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-30, 03:35 AM
With the monsters' attention elsewhere, Sarah leaps from cover and slashes at its legs, drawing blood.

Instantly the lizard lies on its back, puts its claws in the air, and whines.

Taken by surprise, Skvar is thrown to the ground.

jojobulu
2008-01-30, 08:21 AM
Sarah approaches the lizard confused then reaches down and scratches its belly. “That’s a good boy” she says.

Standing Sarah fishes a healing salve from her pack and hands it to Konsgiver. Pointing to the lizard she says, “I think this may be some one’s pet. It’s certainly not native to this island. This is a desert creature. Maybe it belongs to the guy that through the knife.”

Sarah gets out her other healing salve and begins to treat the creatures wounds. “There now,” she says, “it will be okay.”

F.L.
2008-01-30, 04:11 PM
Skvar will look in the direction the knife came from.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-31, 05:44 AM
Sarah approaches the lizard confused then reaches down and scratches its belly. “That’s a good boy” she says.

Standing Sarah fishes a healing salve from her pack and hands it to Konsgiver. Pointing to the lizard she says, “I think this may be some one’s pet. It’s certainly not native to this island. This is a desert creature. Maybe it belongs to the guy that through the knife.”

Sarah gets out her other healing salve and begins to treat the creatures wounds. “There now,” she says, “it will be okay.”

The lizard purrs. :smallbiggrin:

Jolly Steve
2008-01-31, 05:49 AM
Skvar will look in the direction the knife came from.

A woman stands up from behind the bushes.

"Ah, hello."

"No, sorry, the lizard's not mine" she says to Sarah.

"By the way, should we do something about these bushes?" She indicates the trees on either side of the path, still burning from the lizard's breath.

jojobulu
2008-02-02, 08:50 PM
Sarah looks at the fire and shrugs. “I don’t think there’s a whole lot I can do, but I am open to suggestions. Maybe we should just move on.”

F.L.
2008-02-03, 08:45 AM
I guess I'll stamp the edges of it.

Jolly Steve
2008-02-03, 10:33 AM
Skvar stamps, but the blaze is beyond that stage.